I couldn't find a thread to spout controversial opinion on anything cinema-related, so, here you go: From actors, to films and directors, let us know if you have what might be deemed a "controversial" opinion regarding cinema. For starters, I have grown to strongly dislike the work of Paul Thomas Anderson: It started with "Punch Drunk Love" and grew with "There Will Be Blood." It seems that PTA has become so full of himself that he doesn't really need to be bothered with plot. Instead, he merely provides (at best) a loose narrative and (more often) random scenery on which actors can chew (see, for example, Daniel Day-Lewis). Now, with excerpts from his latest "masterpiece," "The Master," it looks like more of the same. Wow, a scene where Joaquin Phoenix takes a Rorshach test and sees pussy and cum in each image; how powerful. It's a shame as I enjoyed the quirks, and originality, of "Magnolia" and "Boogie Nights." Now it just seems like masturbatory bullshit, providing contrived "powerful" scenes in which actors can emote and garner Oscar/Golden Globe buzz and passing it off as "art."