Thread: Depeche Mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Based on Dave's new interview with NME, Depeche Mode is on ice....Possibly forever.....Sounds like he doesn't even keep in touch with Martin and has no idea if Martin is writing songs. Doesn't even sound like hs is committed to doing another record with DM. I think Dave has enough 'fuck you' money to realize he can just do solo stuff and be his own boss rather than continue to be Martin's lapdog

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Based on Dave's new interview with NME, Depeche Mode is on ice....Possibly forever.....Sounds like he doesn't even keep in touch with Martin and has no idea if Martin is writing songs. Doesn't even sound like hs is committed to doing another record with DM. I think Dave has enough 'fuck you' money to realize he can just do solo stuff and be his own boss rather than continue to be Martin's lapdog
    lol, it doesn’t sound like that at all. Here’s an excerpt from the interview you’re referring to:

Telling NME that he “takes nothing for granted”, Gahan admitted that he’s now “definitely got to that point where if I don’t have fun doing it then I’m not going to do it any more,” but that he “certainly wouldn’t rule out” Depeche Mode getting back in the studio sooner rather than later.
    “There’s a tonne of stuff that we’ve done with Depeche Mode that I’m really proud of,” he said. “I think that’s come with time and age. Martin put out a record last yearwhich I really liked. I actually bought a copy because it wouldn’t feel right otherwise. I know he’s been pottering away in his studio as well, so I guess at some point next year we’ll get together. Hopefully at least to just have a chat about what we both feel like we could move forward with.”

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    5 years after the last album and he thinks at some point next year they may get together to "chat" about the future of DM. That is not encouraging.