Thread: The Cure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Wait, so The Cure and Pixies hate each other? And more specifically Kim Deal? I hate finding out stuff like this when its bands I like. Simon Gallup is probably my favorite bass player but Kim Deal would be a close second.

Who was terrible at Coachella, the Pixies or The Cure?

And as a side note, why in the world wouldn't that Cure track have been included in the City of Angels movie? That film needed all the help it could get. Not to mention Tim Pope directed it so it would have made sense.
    I don't think Roger's feelings about Kim or the Pixies necessarily translate to that of Robert's or the rest of the band - didn't Robert specifically curate them to play the Daydream Festival a few years back? Or maybe I'm getting that mixed up with Meltdown, and he didn't have anything to do with it.

It was Pixies who were terrible at Coachella 04, but if I'm honest, The Cure's set that year wasn't one of their best, either. Robert looked super frustrated with sound/technical issues, and that was even before he broke a string during 100 Years. It was great hearing some self-titled album songs getting premiered though.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I don't think Roger's feelings about Kim or the Pixies necessarily translate to that of Robert's or the rest of the band - didn't Robert specifically curate them to play the Daydream Festival a few years back? Or maybe I'm getting that mixed up with Meltdown, and he didn't have anything to do with it.

It was Pixies who were terrible at Coachella 04, but if I'm honest, The Cure's set that year wasn't one of their best, either. Robert looked super frustrated with sound/technical issues, and that was even before he broke a string during 100 Years. It was great hearing some self-titled album songs getting premiered though.
    Oh ok thanks for clarifying. Stupid me read that as Robert talking not Roger.