Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Still on the waitlist. Let me know if you get through, maybe we can go together!
    Hey Botley, sorry I missed this. Did you have any luck?

I managed to get two tickets in the 300s (305 I think). Very excited. I saw them back in 2016 at Woodbine, and it was amazing.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a certain someone to figure out some tricky logistics and commit to coming with me, but I will absolutely let you know if she backs out. Totally up for a meet-up either way!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Squishy View Post
    Hey Botley, sorry I missed this. Did you have any luck?

I managed to get two tickets in the 300s (305 I think). Very excited. I saw them back in 2016 at Woodbine, and it was amazing.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a certain someone to figure out some tricky logistics and commit to coming with me, but I will absolutely let you know if she backs out. Totally up for a meet-up either way!
    Heck yeah! PM me a little closer to the day. Still no ticket...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The band has added 4 more dates to the NA tour. Details on link. 3 are second night but Portland is being added.

https://www.thecure.com/news/2023/04...ows-announced/

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I thought about trying for Portland tickets but due to health limitations I just can't do it. I've got good tickets for Seattle (home) the next night. 2 3 hour shows + 6 hours of driving would just be too much for me. I was able to pull off the NIN Oregon run last year because there was a day between shows. The day after the Troutdale show I drove to Bend & spent the rest of the day resting up in the hot tub at the hotel so I was in reasonable shape for the show. The trip still wiped me out. I'm just happy I got good tickets for Seattle.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Nothing better than having one whole tour done and calling it “Tour Of A Lost World” or Lost World Tour or whatever, named after the album you said is coming out, and it still isn’t out. Meanwhile:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Nothing better than having one whole tour done and calling it “Tour Of A Lost World” or Lost World Tour or whatever, named after the album you said is coming out, and it still isn’t out. Meanwhile:
    No chimes? 0/10

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    NOLA so far:

Alone
    Pictures of You
    A Night Like This (man, this has been played more than most singles and wasn’t a single, yet had a video…)
    Love Song

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/reev...nterview-2023/

Going back to new music: What's the status of that being released? Can Cure fans expect a new album soon?

I would say it's imminent. [Laughs] Now whatever one considers imminent — even the band isn't sure because I think things evolve. Because we, in a way, committed what became a cardinal sin in the post-digital recording world, and even in the analog days, which was to play new songs live, where they could possibly be recorded or filmed. I mean, you can see five new songs on YouTube of varying quality. ... The live performance is affecting the mixes of the songs, because we tend to record every show, [and] if we want, we can actually use, like, one of Robert's guitar solos that he thinks is better than the guitar solo he did in the studio. ... I mean, I'm not sure if we're doing that yet, but we're aware that that possibility is there and that's kind of a new wrinkle to the art form. That's the upside of being able to have a traveling recording studio in a briefcase.

THE CURE’S REEVES GABRELS TALKS NEW TOUR, TICKETING AND MORE

The Cure will play their first U.S. concert since 2019 Wednesday in New Orleans, kicking off the North American leg of their Lost World Tour.
    This segment of the trek, which runs until July 1, doesn't arrive without some controversy. When the Cure first announced dates, they promised there would be "no 'platinum' or 'dynamically priced' tickets on this tour," in the hopes of getting affordable tickets to fans. But it was soon discovered that even though the band used Ticketmaster's Verified Fan program, the company was charging higher than usual additional fees. Frontman Robert Smith later confirmed that after discussions with Ticketmaster, a small refund would be returned to verified fan accounts that had purchased tickets.

The Cure isn't the first band to deal with the issue of fair ticketing, but they're one of the most recent examples of a high-profile artist challenging ticketing corporations to improve fans' purchasing experiences.
    The band's guitarist, Reeves Gabrels, who's played with them since 2012, talks to UCR on the morning of the tour opener about ticketing, new songs and what's next for the Cure.
    The Cure is going all over North America this summer — the first time the band's played the U.S. since 2019. But you toured Europe last year, so I would imagine you're a well-oiled machine by now.
    It was not necessarily the easiest tour we had done, but looking back from here it was a really good thing to do. Plus, we had just come out of COVID, we're all wearing masks backstage. ... And so now, we had a week of rehearsal in England just to dust it off and add some songs, and then whenever you change continents, you usually need to do production rehearsals because ... between changes in voltage and the cost of shipping, it makes more sense to use production from North America when we're in North America and Europe when we're in Europe.
    The band debuted some new songs during that tour. Were those written during the pandemic?
    Starting in 2019. We were actually at [Rockfield Studios], which was where "Bohemian Rhapsody" was [rehearsed.] ... So we were there for a couple of months [and] the intention was to record 12 songs, and I think we probably tripled that. And then you're in a position of having to take them to the file stage so that you can decide which goes with which. ... There were things that Robert wrote over the pandemic that got added to that.
    I've seen some videos and it seems like the fans have been really receptive to them.

Oh, yeah. The audience and people in general, after COVID, are hungry for things to start again and for new stuff. And then the Cure audience always wants more Cure music, which is a wonderful thing.
    How does the Cure typically decide on the set list?

That happens largely between Robert and [bassist] Simon [Gallup]. I think Robert does the broader — he basically writes the set with options. And there's an aspect to it that I do not understand, and I don't want [to]. I kind of like the mystery of it. If song A is included in the set, then song B has to be included in the set. ... I think it has to do with the history that I wasn't part of, like what it was like to be in the studio at that time recording "Boys Don't Cry" or whatever. I kind of have an idea of what the set is going to be from night to night in broad strokes, but there's always a curveball in there, which, I mean, if you look back over my time playing guitar in public, I obviously enjoy a curveball. [Laughs]
    When the Cure announced this tour, the band made it clear that it wouldn't be using "dynamic pricing." The goal seemed to be to keep tickets as affordable and accessible as possible. What conversations led to that decision?
    It is something that I stepped back from — and this is not me being evasive, this is just me telling you what I do because I'm the new guy. [Laughs] We discuss it, and we are essentially self-managed. I mean, we do it all ourselves, which means that Robert [is] The Guy. Everything goes through him. And then it's informed by 'Well, what do you guys think?' So for as long as I have been in the band, it has been an issue about how tickets were handled in terms of just scalping and what people were willing to pay to see us ... and we've been fighting for years to make the ticket prices as low as possible. ... But ever since I joined — and this doesn't have to do with me joining, but it's when I became aware of [it] — since 2012, the band has always tried to have tickets that were under $50. ... So we've been taking that approach for a long time, and we've kind of stuck to our guns. And if there's one thing about Robert that I have found to be consistently true, [it's] his "stick to it"-ness. ... What he's comfortable with, he will definitely fight for. And what's nice about that is it's all about the fans. There's no bigger Cure fan in the world other than Robert. He thinks about it like a fan.

He's also emphasized that any major artist can take these steps and that artists have at least some control over how ticketing for their tour works.
    He's about the big picture and the details with everything. And I feel a little weird talking about him, like, in the third person, but that's a true thing. He won't let go when he knows he's right. Or when he believes he's right. You better have a good argument. ... It's not a cranky thing. It's, "Not like that, like this. See?" I mean, my impression [is] that the people [at Live Nation] he was dealing with on the tickets actually respected that. And the thing is, he's a principled man, and they don't change, which I guess is the definition of being principled.

Read More: The Cure's Reeves Gabrels Talks New Tour, Ticketing and More | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/reev...edium=referral
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-16-2023 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I won’t spoil the setlist just in case (this same acct is there and is live tweeting in order), but here’s some merch shots. Hope the Vancouver print is as gorgeous as this.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    A Thousand Hours! Holy crap! Second time ever done live!

edit: Six Different Ways!
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-10-2023 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    This one hasn't appeared in a real long time. One of my favorite Cure songs.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Any set list surprise guesses for Austin show tonight?

Kyoto Song
    Six Different Way
    A Thousand Hours

Have been done so far, KMKMKM and THOTD heavy. Maybe we’ll get The Baby Screams and One More Time or Icing Sugar?

To The Sky would be amazing as well.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-14-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    finally ordered tickets yesterday for a NYC show. cost me over $500 for two but I know it's probably the last time I'll get to see them, so it is special. only other band I'll pay that much for to see live is NIN.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Any set list surprise guesses for Austin show tonight?

Kyoto Song
    Six Different Way
    A Thousand Hours

Have been done so far, KMKMKM and THOTD heavy. Maybe we’ll get The Baby Screams and One More Time or Icing Sugar?

To The Sky would be amazing as well.
    None of that, but It Can Never Be The Same came back.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Got an email from the Cure store. They're selling shirts for $25, hoodies for $50. Good designs, too. Think I'll order online & not hassle with it at the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Got an email from the Cure store. They're selling shirts for $25, hoodies for $50. Good designs, too. Think I'll order online & not hassle with it at the show.
    That's what I did. I got a T-Shirt and a Hoodie. I may try to snag a poster when I go to the Cleveland show, but I need to find a way to take care of it after buying 2 NIN posters at Cleveland only to put them under my seat where they got bent and had to race to the merch booth to buy a couple more and holding them to my side lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is there any place to legit buy second hand tickets? I'm still bummed about missing out and I'd be willing to pay for Columbia tickets depending on the price. Wasn't there supposed to be some fan exchange or something?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Is there any place to legit buy second hand tickets? I'm still bummed about missing out and I'd be willing to pay for Columbia tickets depending on the price. Wasn't there supposed to be some fan exchange or something?
    Try this:

https://partners.twickets.live/thecure/

I believe that Ticketmaster is allowing resales if the cost @ face value too.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Edit: wrong thread.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-16-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Simon Gallup interview. Favourite songs to do live: The Hungry Ghost and Doing The Unstuck, prefers doing happier, poppier songs than the heavier goth stuff.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-21-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    grabbed a few tickets for shoreline. looking forward to a good night.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I went to the Phoenix show last night and was pretty blown away by how great they sounded.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Apparently they just soundchecked "Another Happy Birthday", a song supposedly on the new album not done live yet:

https://twitter.com/alxtb52/status/1...DRoabDg4suAAAA

…which has apparently been mentioned since 1997? Would make sense if Reeves was involved:

https://www.mtv.com/news/uli0vs/home...miths-music-is

"Wrong Number," from the band's singles retrospective Galore. "Working

with Reeves led me into an area where I've been talking with the rest of the

group about my determination to work with outsiders," Smith said. "It will

broaden our scope and allows me to experiment in ways that will change the

way I write songs."

Smith said he'd approached several collaborators already, but was not yet

willing to reveal their identities. Among his favorite new songs so far is one

called "Another Happy Birthday," which he described as "unlike anything the

Cure have done before. It's not a verse-chorus-verse type of song, but more

fluid."
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-21-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ Oh shit, they did it!!!

Apparently based off this demo:

Last edited by Erneuert; 05-23-2023 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    My try at the lyrics:

It's harder to hold on
    With every passing year
    As the memories fade
    You slowly disappear

I try to keep you close
    Alive in my heart
    Though with no one there to hold me
    I'm coming apart

And your birthday is the worst day
    I'm singing to a ghost
    Happy birthday...
    I forget how it goes

And I'm all dressed up
    I know it isn't right
    Pour myself another glass
    Turn off all the lights

And sit for a while
    Aching alone
    Waiting in the dark for you...

So I sit for a while
    Aching, alone
    Waiting in the dark for you
    To come home...
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-24-2023 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Someone in the crowd giving Robert their shoe… lmao:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCure/com...t=1&utm_term=1

Apparently right after this video ends, Rob throws it across to the other side of the stage. The guy was really high or something. Then later he gives him the other shoe and Rob looks equally perplexed, but polite and throws it to the other side of the stage again. hahahaha
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-25-2023 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Absolutely stunning performance last night in Mountain View. Just stunning.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Less than two weeks to go for me (Sunday June 11th)