Thread: Resident Evil Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love that Mr X is constantly searching for you rather than just in a few set pieces, it really adds to the tension

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I love that Mr X is constantly searching for you rather than just in a few set pieces, it really adds to the tension
    Yeah, he sucks. The Police Station is a nightmare now. I have him to deal with on me at all times, it's darker than normal, lickers are starting to appear and there's tons of zombies swarming now. I need to start one shotting zombies for a slight stun and juke past them. No more wasting ammo.

I'm out of shotgun shells but have a two flash grenades, a hand grenade and about 30-40 Matilda bullets. Need to develop the film from the garage/prison cells, get the Magnum and settle the last bit there before I move to Umbrella Corp.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, he sucks. The Police Station is a nightmare now. I have him to deal with on me at all times, it's darker than normal, lickers are starting to appear and there's tons of zombies swarming now. I need to start one shotting zombies for a slight stun and juke past them. No more wasting ammo.

I'm out of shotgun shells but have a two flash grenades, a hand grenade and about 30-40 Matilda bullets. Need to develop the film from the garage/prison cells, get the Magnum and settle the last bit there before I move to Umbrella Corp.
    Which difficulty are you on? I cleared out a ton of zombies before he showed up (which saved my ass). I didn't think he was as bad as people were saying.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Which difficulty are you on? I cleared out a ton of zombies before he showed up (which saved my ass). I didn't think he was as bad as people were saying.
    Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Darker than normal? What do you mean by that? You have to be patient with Mr.X, and not to freak out when he is close to you. Once you get it down, there is an easy way to dodge his punch and even the long lunge that the zombies take on you. It wouldn't hurt to look to some top ten tips and tricks video, unless you want to finish it fresh. He will always show up in the library (seems to be his favorite spot) but sometimes walking instead of running, and not opening doors so quick will help him not come around. Also, he stays away from item box rooms.

Make sure you get all the add-ons for the Magnum!

There are two lickers that appear by the office and armory room, but they are easily avoidable if you do some door peeking, and if you wanna take them out, the door is your best friend since they do not come through them. You can get plenty of knives so what I do is slice check every zombie I come across. Once they go down, or are already down, you can slice and slice until they're dead which will save you tons of ammo. Look out for Mr.Raccoon statues since you can get an unbreakable knife for finding all of them. Boarding up windows in pivotal, and knowing the layout of the station better will help you from going into areas you do not need to explore anymore saving you from unnecessary encounters and wasting ammo.

I just got to the final form of Birkin with Claire on run B and I super pissed since I cannot kill him. 27 Six Shooter bullets with only 50 mini-gun bullets is not enough, so now I need to load an older save file and see what I can do. Hardcore is really a bitch!
    When I revisited the West Wing after he initially appeared the area seemed more darker than before when exploring. Could've been due to playing during the daytime and the room window light making it more difficult but I don't know.

My main issue is the lickers, I don't have anything to kill them with really. I don't wanna keep wasting magnum ammo on them. I have wasted 3 or 4 on Mr. X already. I need to just get to the break room and to the basement to return to the parking garage and get the key card from the cells. It's simple and probably 5 minutes or work but will take me 10-25 probably. Playing this made me reminded me of just how awful I am at the first games. It makes me that much more thankful to be as Godly at 4-6 as I am, this game makes me feel like a total RE noob due to lame struggles.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I always led him deep on one side of the station if I needed to go-to the other side. It takes him a long time to move. Don't waste any ammo on him either.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Standard.

When I revisited the West Wing after he initially appeared the area seemed more darker than before when exploring. Could've been due to playing during the daytime and the room window light making it more difficult but I don't know.

My main issue is the lickers, I don't have anything to kill them with really. I don't wanna keep wasting magnum ammo on them. I have wasted 3 or 4 on Mr. X already. I need to just get to the break room and to the basement to return to the parking garage and get the key card from the cells. It's simple and probably 5 minutes or work but will take me 10-25 probably. Playing this made me reminded me of just how awful I am at the first games. It makes me that much more thankful to be as Godly at 4-6 as I am, this game makes me feel like a total RE noob due to lame struggles.
    Like Kodiak said, never shoot at Mr. X. Even if you put enough into him, he will kneel for a bit and go back to tracking you. For the lickers, most of the time if you move slow enough you can get passed them, or at least one if they're paired up. They were the only enemies I really went out of my way to kill, but I was also good on extra ammo. That's the beauty of of this series though; I've played the old games religiously and I still felt like a noob.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Like Kodiak said, never shoot at Mr. X. Even if you put enough into him, he will kneel for a bit and go back to tracking you. For the lickers, most of the time if you move slow enough you can get passed them, or at least one if they're paired up. They were the only enemies I really went out of my way to kill, but I was also good on extra ammo. That's the beauty of of this series though; I've played the old games religiously and I still felt like a noob.
    I psyched myself out. I pretty much made a mad dash from the main hall to the break room area to the parking garage and prison cells in about 2-4 minutes. I only got hit by Mr. X once and bit by a zombie once. I still have 13 Lightning Hawk magnum bullets left. I shot all the dogs in the kennel the first time I went around so the parking garage was smooth sailing for me. The power circuit puzzle was easy and the rest is history.

I just made it to the Sewers with Ada Wong. Time to face the Alligator.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I psyched myself out. I pretty much made a mad dash from the main hall to the break room area to the parking garage and prison cells in about 2-4 minutes. I only got hit by Mr. X once and bit by a zombie once. I still have 13 Lightning Hawk magnum bullets left. I shot all the dogs in the kennel the first time I went around so the parking garage was smooth sailing for me. The power circuit puzzle was easy and the rest is history.

I just made it to the Sewers with Ada Wong. Time to face the Alligator.
    Nice! Yea that is the last resort is to just make a dash for it. In hardcore one slash is straight to danger status, so you can imagine my rage when I can't get a door open or fast enough, especially being really low on health items. Good move on killing the dogs first, I did the same as well because they're annoying as fuck, but the door trick works good against them. The Alligator is cool as hell in this version; I died a few times just to see it again .

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Darker than normal? What do you mean by that? You have to be patient with Mr.X, and not to freak out when he is close to you. Once you get it down, there is an easy way to dodge his punch and even the long lunge that the zombies take on you. It wouldn't hurt to look to some top ten tips and tricks video, unless you want to finish it fresh. He will always show up in the library (seems to be his favorite spot) but sometimes walking instead of running, and not opening doors so quick will help him not come around. Also, he stays away from item box rooms.

Make sure you get all the add-ons for the Magnum!

There are two lickers that appear by the office and armory room, but they are easily avoidable if you do some door peeking, and if you wanna take them out, the door is your best friend since they do not come through them. You can get plenty of knives so what I do is slice check every zombie I come across. Once they go down, or are already down, you can slice and slice until they're dead which will save you tons of ammo. Look out for Mr.Raccoon statues since you can get an unbreakable knife for finding all of them. Boarding up windows in pivotal, and knowing the layout of the station better will help you from going into areas you do not need to explore anymore saving you from unnecessary encounters and wasting ammo.

I just got to the final form of Birkin with Claire on run B and I super pissed since I cannot kill him. 27 Six Shooter bullets with only 50 mini-gun bullets is not enough, so now I need to load an older save file and see what I can do. Hardcore is really a bitch!