Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Holy Shit!!!!! I got a fuckin' boner w/ that song. God bless QOSTA

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wow, that was good. Can't wait for the new album.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Note to self: make QotSA sign this summer

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It just kinda hit me how long it's been since a new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    It just kinda hit me how long it's been since a new album.
    It's been what, 6 years? There was only 7 years between Rated R and EV, and that makes up all but one of their catalogue. Has been a while. TCV kinda made it worth it, though.

e: Also, new song owns all the balls and I'm sure Mikey was fat as shit when I met him in 2007 and now he's not. Good lad.
    Last edited by kenthebear; 03-31-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    All that ankle twisting action sure makes you lose some good weight. I'm curious about how the new drummer will play the old stuff.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    New song...not bad...probably just wishing I could hear it in full production...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Josh looks about a decade younger. Lost quite a bit of weight. Song sounds pretty good. Can't wait to hear it in good quality. This album can't come fast enough.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That song is a grower, but I'm still not digging the overall sound. I would have wished for a little more stoner sound to the guitars, but other than that the guys are in top form!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

“drinking is serious business for Josh Homme”

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    All that ankle twisting action sure makes you lose some good weight. I'm curious about how the new drummer will play the old stuff.
    i have no doubt he'll destroy them (in a good way). Theodore was one of the main reasons the first three Mars Volta records kick so much ass, for me at least — he doesn't do especially wacky crap, but that's part of the appeal. he's got incredible clockwork, works the snare better than all the average powerhouse drummers out there, and has such a great and clean style. i've missed his work in quality rock bands!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love his drumming in De-Loused in the Comatorium. I'm dying to see more performances of the band with him,QOTSA are by far one of my favorite live bands. They take the live performances to another level and in my opinion, sound better live than the studio stuff. (Duh,I know).

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    That song is a grower, but I'm still not digging the overall sound. I would have wished for a little more stoner sound to the guitars, but other than that the guys are in top form!
    "Overall sound"? It's a webcast video, you dingus, one where the guy doing the live mix clearly had his finger up his ass to boot.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I know that this is probably a long way off to what we will be hearing on the album, but I didn't just listen to the new song so I think you can make assumptions on how it might sound compared to the other tunes we all know. The new song sounds very much in vain of EV songs meaning they come across as high pitched rather than the muddy SFTD sound that I prefer. I'm not a musician nor do I know anything about mixing etc, so I can only rely on my limited vocabulary regarding that subject.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^ I actually can't help but hear a little bit of *everything*... Lullabies, lately. It's interesting...

This is relevant about the new song video: I see Gary Oldman as Zorg (The Fifth Element) when I see Troy up there. lol

I love the verses...the section where he quickly curves a high note to a lower one.

The song is quite good.

Definitely a lot of hope for the album...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I find this song stuck in my head a lot lately. Ill just randomly start humming it or drumming on my legs to it. I've only listened to it 3 times. I can't wait for the album.

also it's nice to hear the drummer be able to keep time. Something that's been missing since Dave stopped performing with them. Joey was cool and all but he was awful live.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 04-03-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^ Really @ Joey's time live? I guess I didn't notice before...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He plays everything so sped up and it just sounded bad to me. I know some people like it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    He plays everything so sped up and it just sounded bad to me. I know some people like it.

As a bass player I have to agree, Joey was all over the map, good drummer but very loose player time wise. listening to him drum on songs for the dead live was very tough.

Jon sounds good in these videos, right in the pocket, but his playing is a little stiff. I'm sure after a few more gigs with the boys he'll loosen up.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Josh goes one step further than me in describing Theodore as a fucking monster! As always, "Misfit Love" totally destroys.

Now THIS is what a live mix should be. Troy's guitar gear goes squirrelly at the top of "Go with the Flow" (probably the rain — you can see Josh telling his tech not to worry about wiping down the pedals 'cause "it's too late") but otherwise this is phenomenal. Can't wait for more!
    Last edited by botley; 04-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "My God Is The Sun" studio version premieres on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 Show on Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for that botley. The band is sounding really tight. That's the best they have sounded in a long time. I can't wait to hear some more of this record.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was about to say it. The way Josh sings sounds so perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Heal Them – With Fire From Above"

http://www.mygodisthesun.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good to have em back. For those who can listen, Zane's interviewing Josh for the next 30 mins on Radio 1.

Last edited by The Reason Being; 04-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. Keep Your Eyes Peeled
    2. I Sat By The Ocean
    3. The Vampyre of Time and Memory
    4. If I Had A Tail
    5. My God Is The Sun
    6. Kalopsia
    7. Fairweather Friends
    8. Smooth Sailing
    9. I Appear Missing
    10. …Like Clockwork

HD artwork

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    maybe it's the mixing but the drums sound so CLEAN (in the pepsi music argentina video)!! I love it. And the new song is awesome.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anyone know who did the artwork for this album? reminds me a lot of TCV.... red background + black & white character.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn..Josh had initially approached Trent to produce the album, but he was already working on "the Nine Inch Nails record".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Anyone know who did the artwork for this album? reminds me a lot of TCV.... red background + black & white character.
    Boneface is responsible for the cover art.