Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
I'm pretty sure they didn't, unfortunately. I've really hoped that someday there'd be a full-on US tour for HTDA, and hopefully they'd get to do a lot more, although I know if that ever did happen they'd be on a new album, with even more material competing for a slot in the setlist, so I doubt it'll happen at this point.

That rhythmic chanting at the end is just so incredible, the vocal harmony on the line "I am the end of it alllllllll" was one of the first times where I really felt like HTDA was a totally worthy and unique thing, not just a side project to me.

Not to mention it's one of the several songs that lyrically deals with spiritual/religious imagery and destruction (The Believers, And the Sky Began to Scream, etc.), and does it fabulously. It's always reminded me a whole lot of YZ, with "all my arms will stretch across the sky, and you will see the glory of it all" and "this is the place, this is the time, I am the end of it all" sounding so much like The Presence. I know that's probably unintentional, but it's something else to see the sort of ghosts of YZ's story pop up in different things from Trent ever since (Letting You, Satellite, etc.).

Oh and while I'm on more random thoughts and relating stuff to Year Zero, BBB always sounded like those lyrics could've been on YZ 2 had that been a thing. It has that whole "authority dominating the majority" aspect: "Get down, on the ground, Don't move, make a sound," "Listen to the sound of my big black boots." Always gives me flashes of the Survivalism video.

A lot of fans seem to totally rule out the possibility that anything is connected to YZ outside of YZ, but consciously or not I've always gotten the impression that there are a whole lot of nods and references to it ever since, and HTDA doesn't seem immune to it. I've really liked the thought of them continuing that universe through HTDA, it would be the first time I can think of where a concept album's universe went beyond one band and into another and would really magnify that scope and scale of the project that the ARG added to it.
its cool that you're enjoying it, but it's not connected