Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    El-P
    He did a remix of Only.

James Murphy
    There was a DFA remix of The Hand That Feeds, but I have no idea if he was involved with that or not.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    He did a remix of Only.

There was a DFA remix of The Hand That Feeds, but I have no idea if he was involved with that or not.
    Did you forget that this is HTDA discussion, not NIN?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Did you forget that this is HTDA discussion, not NIN?
    Always wanted Alec Empire to remix some stuff of Trent's... also A Place To Bury Strangers, El-P, Four Tet, Death Grips, James Murphy, Aesop Rock or/and Shabazz Palaces, please.
    Notice that they said "some stuff of Trent's", not "How To Destroy Angels". I also don't think I'm out of line for bringing up those remixes in here. When 3/4ths of the band is made up of people who are involved with Nine Inch Nails, there's going to be some bleedthrough. (no pun intended)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Regarding Murphy's Involvement in said Remix: I think it's pretty obvious he's been involved since he's one half of The DFA. Also:

"I'm really happy with the [Nine Inch Nails] remix we just did. It's one of my favorite things we've done. I have a lot of fun making remixes, and I like the way we did this. We did all these things separately at the same time, making dubs then editing them together. It gave it a different feel. More like disco edits, which I really like. It doesn't feel like other people's remixes."
    http://pitchfork.com/features/articl...-james-murphy/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Notice that they said "some stuff of Trent's", not "How To Destroy Angels". I also don't think I'm out of line for bringing up those remixes in here. When 3/4ths of the band is made up of people who are involved with Nine Inch Nails, there's going to be some bleedthrough. (no pun intended)
    That's fair. I was looking at someone else's post when I decided to reply to you (Deadpool had specifically mentioned HTDA and I thought you were replying to them, not r_z), my mistake. Didn't mean to jump down your throat on that one.

Am I the only one here who doesn't care about remixes?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Always wanted Alec Empire to remix some stuff of Trent's... also A Place To Bury Strangers, El-P, Four Tet, Death Grips, James Murphy, Aesop Rock or/and Shabazz Palaces, please.
    An Alec Empire remix is long overdue. Good call. Wouldn't mind seeing something from A Place To Bury Strangers, either.

Four Tet is also a cool suggestion: I think an uplifting extended mix from him could be nice. Of course we all know the greatness El-P is capable of, so enlisting him again certainly wouldn't be the worst idea.

Final Destiny, I understand your ambivalence toward remixes - most of the time (and this goes for every artist) they're forgettable - but once in a while, some really pop up. All the people I listed have made special ones if you ask me. I don't think I'm alone when I say my favorites often include brand new vocals: White Sea does this on practically every remix she does with amazing results. M83 ( /Midnight Juggernauts, 'Suffer Well'/Depeche Mode, 'Fall'/Daft Punk), Wild Beasts ( /2:54), and Chromeo ( /Tiga) have done this, too, and they truly make them their own in the best way.

I'm also throwing SebastiAn into the pot. I'm a big fan of both his solo + , and I think Trent is, too (I remember "Ross Ross Ross" being on one of his Spotify 'Driving' mixes).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's kind of hard to hear Fur Lined's chorus without hearing Trent's voice. I kind of chuckle every time I hear it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, am I missing any?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The amount of times i've been on my iphone and typed "How To Destroy Angela" is ridiculous. Poor Angela.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My friend just texted me this

"If she's Mariqueen, does that make Trent the Mariking?"

I'm not sure how to respond.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Remember back when The Fragile was being recorded, and Trent Reznor talked about Tom Waits in a few interviews? I think that seed's finally borne musical fruit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Remember back when The Fragile was being recorded, and Trent Reznor talked about Tom Waits in a few interviews? I think that seed's finally borne musical fruit.
    What? Do you happen to have links to those interviews. I've never seen them.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'd like to just add that I'll eat my words: a few weeks back, I said something like I didn't want HTDA to release any instrumentals, because we were saturated with such things. But TSORPM (acronyms baby) is really good, and a departure from the standard sound I'd come to expect. Q's whispered vox really add to it too, without being so over the top to force it into "song" status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I think it showed on The Fragile already. With all the percussion stuff going on...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed that after Trent and co. went independent back in 2007, there had been no leaks of any NIN/HTDA/TR-AR material? Yet, once they signed to Columbia, An Omen leaked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Immigrant song did leak, iirc

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wasn't aware An Omen had leaked prior to it being on Hype Machine?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wasn't aware An Omen had leaked prior to it being on Hype Machine?
    I think it was just the reference to the vinyl being sold a week early. There was the potential for a leak there.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Eh, The Slip was in stores before physical release day too - if you want physical products to go on sale the same day as digital, it's nigh on impossible to prevent a leak, no matter how unsigned you are.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Back to the remix discussion, I'd like Belong to remix HTDA. A nice, drony, dreamy thing. Also, Foetus. Yes, he was involved on Fixed, but I want to hear his interpretations here, too. I agree that Alec Empire, Alessandro and Big Black Delta should do some stuff, as well as:

Simian Mobile Disco (Trent loves them, BTW)
    Raymond Watts of Pig
    Lustmord
    Tobacco (also a Trent favorite)
    Massive Attack (yeah, why not?)
    Bassnectar
    Steven Wilson
    Dälek
    Modeselektor and/or Apparat
    Mostly every band who has toured with NIN, especially HEALTH, Crystal Castles and Does It Offend You, Yeah?

EDIT: Oooh, and Giles Corey. His ultra-creepy music would be great with Q's vox.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So, am I missing any?
    is there a difference between the soundtrack and film versions of IYLSE?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The soundtrack version is [better] quieter, more reverb, almost no instruments until the chorus kicks in and generally more toned down - better for an end credits and better as a track, to me. It's a straight rip of the end credits' audio btw, not from somewhere special.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    My friend just texted me this

"If she's Mariqueen, does that make Trent the Mariking?"

I'm not sure how to respond.

"quit clownin me nigga"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The soundtrack version is [better] quieter, more reverb, almost no instruments until the chorus kicks in and generally more toned down - better for an end credits and better as a track, to me. It's a straight rip of the end credits' audio btw, not from somewhere special.
    Does this exist somewhere? I don't have the technology to rip from the bluray myself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It does somewhere... The link that I had is dead now. Maybe someone else has a different place where it lives.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i totally forgot that i have a GDT dvd, still need to watch this sucker. knowing all the plot it'll be easier to follow the music i guess. maybe not. might as well rip that song from credits

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trizzle Rizzle is apparently doing an AMA on reddit later today, via HTDA's twitter so I assume about the band

First person to ask about Tapeworm wins