Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck, yiu are both correct. R/NIN show s a toxic fucking cesspool.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Fuck, yiu are both correct. R/NIN show s a toxic fucking cesspool.
    Why, because people are not agreeing with you on the HTDA thing you keep insisting didn’t happen? Hate to break it to you but you’re part of the problem in that sub...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I think Mariqueen with Massive Attack would be a most interesting collaboration. Of course, Trent is more than welcome to pitch in, too!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Ok, so, regarding the NIN/HTDA argument: I've seen it here. I've seen it all over facebook. And it's going down on reddit.

Wouldn't it sort of be a lot more cooler if we like, stopped arguing about it? That would be great, wouldn't it?

It's kind of like a riddle for Zen meditation. It's KIND of like the Ship of Theseus paradox, too, innit? It's a fucking METAPHYSICAL question.

Anyway, why are people getting so worked up over this? Like, does it matter?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok, so, regarding the NIN/HTDA argument: I've seen it here. I've seen it all over facebook. And it's going down on reddit.
    Where did you see it here? I've been avoiding those other sites like the plague. I know a couple of people in the tour review threads here were bummed out at the Palladium shows because they hate Mariqueen or w/e (IT SHOULDA HAVE BEEN MEEE)...

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Anyway, why are people getting so worked up over this? Like, does it matter?
    Do you mean whether NIN played covers of HTDA with Mariqueen, or HTDA reunited in the middle of a NIN concert? Is that seriously what people are arguing about so intensely over there? No, that doesn't matter (but it's the first one :P).

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Where did you see it here? I've been avoiding those other sites like the plague. I know a couple of people in the tour review threads here were bummed out at the Palladium shows because they hate Mariqueen or w/e (IT SHOULDA HAVE BEEN MEEE)...
    You just reminded me of the two girls I stood next to in FL during the Wave Goodbye shows...*ugh*...both had on shirts that said something to the effect of "WHY TRENT!? HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO ME!!!??" and the whole time the both bitched about how he had recently married and how pissed they were about it. Sometimes I hate being a NIN fan...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You just reminded me of the two girls I stood next to in FL during the Wave Goodbye shows...*ugh*...both had on shirts that said something to the effect of "WHY TRENT!? HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO ME!!!??" and the whole time the both bitched about how he had recently married and how pissed they were about it. Sometimes I hate being a NIN fan...

Maybe a year ago I stumbled across some fanfic on Tumblr (I basically just follow all NIN-related tags), and read it out of morbid curiosity. The author definitely wrote a story where Mariqueen died and Trent was back on the market. Of course, the author was the new love interest in the story.

I definitely had a "kill it with fire" moment with the internet that day.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Maybe a year ago I stumbled across some fanfic on Tumblr (I basically just follow all NIN-related tags), and read it out of morbid curiosity. The author definitely wrote a story where Mariqueen died and Trent was back on the market. Of course, the author was the new love interest in the story.

I definitely had a "kill it with fire" moment with the internet that day.
    That has Carol Reznor written all over it...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    It could be worse.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    It could be worse.

Man, the 90's were a gold mine for fancringe. I wish I had some of my internet adventures saved from that time period, I'm sure I would die of embarrassment but also get a good laugh.

I think a lot of girls go through this when they are young, I certainly did. Obsessing and dreaming over the looks and talent of a celebrity that they will never meet, who sings them (and everyone else) love songs from afar is a safe way for young girls to start working through their sexuality and desire for romance. Most of us grow out of it once we start having real relationships with people we actually know.

But some don't, and it's kind of frightening. I remember some of the internet chatter when Trent and Mariqueen got engaged. Some of the comments from full-grown women were scary. It's a bummer that the Reznors pulled back from social media a lot after that, but I can't blame them.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

Do you mean whether NIN played covers of HTDA with Mariqueen, or HTDA reunited in the middle of a NIN concert? Is that seriously what people are arguing about so intensely over there? No, that doesn't matter (but it's the first one :P).
    yes, the "did nin play covers of htda or did htda reunite. " I've seen people get REALLY worked up over it.

It should have been you, @botley , because you could do better than that? Because you would avoid wearing a bipperty boppity hat?

Edit: to be fair, WE kept it civil HERE, at least. I was talking about the online NIN fandom in general.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-23-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I for one can't wait for more HTDA <3 Mariqueen and Trent together!!!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    “the sleep of reason produces monsters”

How I adore that title. I know it’s taken from another source of art, but I love its use in HTDA nonetheless.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    a surprise new HTDA record would certainly help take away some winter doldrums

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Has anyone done a "We Fade Away" mashup with "A Minute To Breathe" yet?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Has anyone done a "We Fade Away" mashup with "A Minute To Breathe" yet?
    Not that I know of, but now I'm tempted to try it out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not that I know of, but now I'm tempted to try it out.
    Please do, my mind says it will work but I'm not good enough at music to make it work

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?
    oh, absolutely. i was a little bummed mariqueen's voice never popped up haha.

i listened to welcome oblivion last month (first record i spun for "quarantine jams") and i still love it. i also still think it's better than hesitation marks (and i only compare them because they came out a few months apart).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    With no new HTDA since the debut album (unless you count the Bowie cover) I've often wondered if we'd ever see some solo music from Mariqueen.

A bummer that it's been so long, I guess it's enough being a full-time mom with the number of kids involved... priorities and what not.

Maybe she makes music for herself and chooses not to release it? who really knows.. all i know is I'd love to hear something from her if not the band at large.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-27-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I can't shake the feeling that Intriguing Possibilities (from Social Network) reused and slightly altered piano motif from A Drowning. Anyone else hearing this?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think its about time for a nice boxed collecting things together...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    After listening to James Blake's newest track I've realised (mainly because JB uses a bunch of droning synths in that track) that I really want a James Blake & HTDA collaboration. Probably won't happen, but if it ever did...
    This would be pretty awesome. James Blake is amazing on record....AND live.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    My money is on at least a four year wait.

TR will tour the shit out of NIN for the next year, then probably take the better part of a year to decompress. Maybe a film score if there are offers; shouldn't the sequel to TGWTDT be ready in a few years? Then maybe new HTDA, if he doesn't decide to keep rolling with another NIN album.

The unfortunate thing is they could probably drop HTDA altogether and nobody outside of us hardcore fans who follow his every move would care much.
    That assumes Trent is the driving force though - another album could drop sooner than that if he's less involved, and even if TRAR do another score (though Atticus is doing a couple solo atm), it's not like Mariqueen (and maybe Ally) can't write music by themselves.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Highly doubt that's going to happen without Trent, but that's just my opinion. Really, who would care if it was Mariqueen and Atticus, but no TR? Curious NIN fans, yes, but beyond that...?
    The unfortunate truth is, "mainstream" won't care about HTDA without Trent. I mean, look at the articles about HTDA, making sure to mention "Nine Inch Nails front man Trent Reznor... and the guy he did soundtracks with, and his wife..."
    No matter how much Trent tried to stand back, how much he emphasized Q and the others, most media outlets only cared that he was in HTDA. If he isn't a part of the next album/tour, even being signed to a major label won't be enough to make non-fans care.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    The unfortunate truth is, "mainstream" won't care about HTDA without Trent.
    No way to tell what would have happened, hadn't Reznor been involved in any way. It put HTDA in the spotlight, sure, but also raised the expectations quite a bit, and harmed HTDA's identity by making the comparisons to NIN unavoidable. Maybe the mainstream (whatever that means) would have noticed that new band and its first releases, or it could very well had been totally ignored.
    Trent Reznor's presence, anyway, has curved that project's trajectory, for better or worse.
    And all that talk about "only the nin fans are interested" is a bit irritating. I'm pretty sure NIN fans check out other bands, once every few decades...
    HTDA may have been on our radar anyway, with or without Reznor...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakdoo View Post
    I've lurked on this forum for 8 years. You're not telling me anything I don't know.
    It doesn't take a genius to hear that, intentionally or not, Mariqueen uses a lot of the same lyrical phrases that Trent does.
    they should get married or something