Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hey guys, im not sure if the HTDA live in chicago ever had an actual physical DVD with case/artwork but if anyone has a copy they would sell i would love to buy it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    hey guys, im not sure if the HTDA live in chicago ever had an actual physical DVD with case/artwork but if anyone has a copy they would sell i would love to buy it
    Seconded
    I'd pay the cost/shipping for it

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    Seconded
    I'd pay the cost/shipping for it
    Let me add this to the queue of things I want to get done in the coming months.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Let me add this to the queue of things I want to get done in the coming months.
    Add that as a patreon tier!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Thematically I think Welcome Oblivion fits 2017 so much better than it fit 2013. It's really resonated with me in a way I don't remember it doing at release or in the years since. Strings and Attractors has got to be one of the most beautiful things Trent's worked on. He and Mariqueen's vocal harmony in the chorus is flawless stuff, and I hope her mention of next year potentially bringing more HTDA ends up being accurate -- the themes of apocalypse, digital detachment, noise as language and language as noise and the exploration of feeling like we're on the edge of losing our individual identities are all very fitting to right now and I'd love to see them explore more of this headspace and sound.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    HTDA confession: it took me five (well, almost) years to discover that Unintended Consequences was a thing. I'm kind of addicted to it now. Wish there was more stuff like this and the Conversation With demos around.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    HTDA confession: it took me five (well, almost) years to discover that Unintended Consequences was a thing.
    It took me until this very second

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    what is unintended consequences???

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    what is unintended consequences???
    Pretty sure it was one of the songs exclusive to the vinyl tracklisting since I have it on my hard drive ripped from the white label CD but I honestly don't know the standard CD tracklisting.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I mentioned a while back that I’d love to see HTDA cover “How Soon is Now?”

I still stand by that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I mentioned a while back that I’d love to see HTDA cover “How Soon is Now?”

I still stand by that.
    Damn that would be amazing! It’s a long “circular” song, the structure fits perfectly with the way HTDA structures their music.

One can only wish.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    some humour: friends of mine had a band called the aquanettas (were sort of like the bangles) & somehow they were booked to open for NIN in the early days i think in florida. predictably, that sort of music didn't go over real well. my friend's said it was like being in "children of the corn", haha.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I would've loved this project more if it didn't feel like such a Trent Reznor carbon copy. At the end of the day, the lyrics ... production ... vocal arrangements ... it had the Nine Inch Nails blueprint and formula all over it.

It would've been more exciting to hear Trent's version of garage rock or even something along the lines of FKA twigs style r&b ... something COMPLETELY outside of the wheelhouse of Nine Inch Nails to test what he was capable of musically along with Mariqueen's vocals. But ... when I hear a song like this ...

... I'm sorry, that's just straight up 2005 - 2008 Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It's catchy as he'll tho

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It's still great music IMO, but agreed. Does very much feel like recent NIN or TR/AR with Mariqueen's vocals, particularly that initial EP.

I'd really like to see Trent outside his comfort zone with a more analogue band, playing less rigid structures. Absolutely no looping of anything, live instruments, messing around with dynamism, progression and time signatures, maybe even no synths. More garage rock as you say @thefragile_jake .

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'm over the whole "It sounds too much like Nine Inch Nails!" argument. Anything that Trent plays a major part in creating is going to sound like Nine Inch Nails, and I'm totally fine with that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    To be honest, I'm over the whole "It sounds too much like Nine Inch Nails!" argument. Anything that Trent plays a major part in creating is going to sound like Nine Inch Nails, and I'm totally fine with that.
    Oh for sure, I think that's just the realization that you have to come up with at the end of the day ... but I was trying to revisit some HTDA material recently and found myself just getting a little bored. I just think that this project would've captured my attention if it didn't feel too familiar is all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly a part of me just wish Trent said fuck it, this is Nine Inch Nails and not go under another name. I think he did it because he anticipated some fans would have bashed him for having his wife on vocals and cry about it like those John & Yoko kinda bashing types out there. It sounds like NIN, just make it be NIN. Especially now that Mariqueen joined him on Not The Actual Events. Just say fuck it and let her be on NIN tracks. If you got a problem with that, then fuck off. This is Nine Inch Nails now, deal with it. Mariqueen can show up whenever she and Trent like to have her on a track.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Just say fuck it and let her be on NIN tracks. If you got a problem with that, then fuck off. This is Nine Inch Nails now, deal with it. Mariqueen can show up whenever she and Trent like to have her on a track.
    God no.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't think he made it a separate band just because of Mariqueen though. I believe he even mentioned in an interview that he wanted to do something where he wasn't the only one in charge, hence why Mariqueen and Atticus and eventually Rob were part of it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.
    I only JUST got into HTDA and I would love a new album sometime soon too. Mariqueen's vocals are really lovely, frankly, I would just like to hear more of her in general.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I want another HTDA t-shirt.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Listening to HTDA again for the first time in what feels like years. Fuck, I missed this song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    is this band still a thing or no?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Everything is a thing if you think about it hard enough.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I hope so. Welcome Oblivion was fantastic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.
    I imagine that if they wanted to do more HTDA then time wouldn't be a problem. They'd just work on it instead of NIN for a little bit.