Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sorry for double post, but, yeah.

Big ups Golden State. I'm always down for the west, and the Warriors have been my champions a few times.

It's not REALLY fuck GS at all.

I love the Warriors.

But don't get too comfortable: wasn't Dallas in third place for about a week?
    And what's the winning percentage, now? .64 vs .63?
    It’s not about win percentage, it’s about experience. Curry, Klay, Dray and Loon have done this 5 times before. Now that they are finally healthy at the same time in 3 years you can see why they are back in the conference finals. Trust me, I don’t underestimate any team. If you do that, then you have what happened to the suns. The Mavs have a great chance at winning, both teams are really good all around. I’m just saying GSW is a different beast than the Suns and Jazz. Let’s have a fun series and hopefully great games.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    fuck Golden State, fuck California, fuck anyone named S. Curry who didn't play for Dallas, fuck Thompson if it ain't Hunter S., fuck Pool unless it's an Infinity Pool,.

And most of all, as my great grandmother used to say, "Fuck You, We're From Texas,"
    Lmao, now that's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    It’s not about win percentage, it’s about experience. Curry, Klay, Dray and Loon have done this 5 times before. Now that they are finally healthy at the same time in 3 years you can see why they are back in the conference finals.
    See, now this is what I was getting at when I compared GS to the 07 Spurs. I don't think they are unbeatable but that experience is why I never for a second considered the Suns as a better team than them. Their whole regular season seemed to be about making sure they were healthy come playoff time. Regular seasons matter so little in pro sports nowadays I can't even watch the games. Baseball is worse but basketball is getting there.

This is also why no matter the outcome, this is kinda a win for the Mavs too. The NBA has always been about dynasties. Every decade has one or two teams that run that decade and then the torch gets passed to a new group. The 80's was Lakers/Celtics, 90's Bulls, 00's Lakers/Spurs. And now Warriors.

Back in 2013 the Spurs beat the young Warriors and I think it was that series the Warriors learned how to win, from the Spurs. Maybe the Mavs are already there and pull this off, but if not they are going to watch GS and how their winning comes from moving the ball as much as possible, the same way the Spurs used to do.

People forget, but I always felt that Durant, as good as he is, actually took that style of play away from GS and now its back. The whole cast is still there with the exception of Iggy who hopefully gets in some of these games at some point. Wiggins is an upgrade over Barnes. Looney is a beast now. And then there's Poole. Like Elevenism said, when they fire on all cylinders, they're a scary team. They're a team that has won 3 titles. But even that's a bit deceptive. If KD and Klay don't both tear ligaments there is 0% chance the Raptors win in 2019. And if Draymond doesn't get suspended for standing up while LeBron is standing on top of him, I'm not so sure the Cavs make their comeback. The point is nothing is going to rattle them and that's invaluable in the WCF.

But the Mavs are going to adjust and put up a fight and I think the lesson from game one is they have to hit their 3's. And I say this as a UNC fan, Reggie Bullock needs to either get his shit together or just pass up those looks. Those 3's he missed in the 1st half were as open as it gets. He should have made all of them he was so wide open. Those go down and that first half looks a lot different.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 05-20-2022 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker!

Yeah, DAL looked scared. Idk what happened to the confidence.

And I DO love golden state, just like I loved Kobe's LAL.

Again, I don't think Dallas expected to be here. And, no, they DON'T know about winning yet.

But damn. I'm honestly more excited about the NEXT few years. Could this DAL team be the next LAL/GSW?

I hope so, for my old mom's sake. She sleeps under a Mavs blanket and wears mavs nighties, and she's been a super fan for like 40 years.

Edit: also, @burninglard , it isn't ALL about experience. I think this will be interesting: young upstarts vs seasoned vets. I sure hope Dallas takes the next one.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-20-2022 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker!

Yeah, DAL looked scared. Idk what happened to the confidence.

And I DO love golden state, just like I loved Kobe's LAL.

Again, I don't think Dallas expected to be here. And, no, they DON'T know about winning yet.

But damn. I'm honestly more excited about the NEXT few years. Could this DAL team be the next LAL/GSW?

I hope so, for my old mom's sake. She sleeps under a Mavs blanket and wears mavs nighties, and she's been a super fan for like 40 years.

Edit: also, @burninglard , it isn't ALL about experience. I think this will be interesting: young upstarts vs seasoned vets. I sure hope Dallas takes the next one.
    You think Dallas looked scared? I think they have the Dubs right where they want them. Lose the next one and then win out. Isn't that what they do? lol

Honestly I think they were spent from their 7 game series. They knew going in they need to steal one on the road so they tried to outshoot them by attempting an ungodly amount of first half 3's. Their shots weren't falling at all so they punted, on to game 2.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    You think Dallas looked scared? I think they have the Dubs right where they want them. Lose the next one and then win out. Isn't that what they do? lol

Honestly I think they were spent from their 7 game series. They knew going in they need to steal one on the road so they tried to outshoot them by attempting an ungodly amount of first half 3's. Their shots weren't falling at all so they punted, on to game 2.
    I mean like...you're saying come back from 0-2? That's a batshit crazy anomaly.

But, yeah...I guess that's what we're doing these days.

Dude. Btw.

Burnmotherfucker! ?
    Seriously?

Now that you've become a regular, I mean...

Idk. I could change mine to DieBitchdie! In solidarity

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I mean like...you're saying come back from 0-2? That's a batshit crazy anomaly.

But, yeah...I guess that's what we're doing these days.

Dude. Btw.

Burnmotherfucker! ?
    Seriously?

Now that you've become a regular, I mean...

Idk. I could change mine to DieBitchdie! In solidarity
    I'm not saying they should but they've made it work so far. I just figured that was their plan all along. The ole rope a' dope. lol

What are you saying you want me to change my username? It was supposed to be a NIN themed thing. Idk if I even can change it can I?

And while I'm on the topic whats the eleven about? I'm sure I should know already...
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 05-20-2022 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was a great game tonight. 2-0!!! This series will be competitive. Like I said though... we ain’t the Suns. I expect a wild game on Sunday. Mavs fans I know will be loud and crazy in their house.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Mavs came out swinging and had control of the game until Chef Curry showed up at the right time. Refs are so inconsistent that it makes me furious. But I certainly do not think the Mavs have them where they want them; no team wants to be down 0-2 hahaa.

Draymond Green doesn't get a tech, but Finney-Smith does for NO reason after he didn't like Bullock (Who is not scared of him at all) run into him. He started the entire altercation, so instead of throwing him out of the game, they just let him run his mouth egregiously, along with Poole yelling in Bertans face for 10 seconds... I guess taunting isn't a thing unless it's against the Warriors.

Mavericks are not scared lol... They are just being pummeled on the glass and that is where the Mavs cannot capitalize. Even when they mopped up the Suns, they only out-rebounded them by a handful. When they lose, they are 10 to almost 18 rebounds under... Those battles they constantly lose in the paint, while not being able to generate a lot of plays in the paint is what is killing them.

They should have won last night.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-21-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The Mavs came out swinging and had control of the game until Chef Curry showed up at the right time. Refs are so inconsistent that it makes me furious. But I certainly do not think the Mavs have them where they want them; no team wants to be down 0-2 hahaa.

Draymond Green doesn't get a tech, but Finney-Smith does for NO reason after he didn't like Bullock (Who is not scared of him at all) run into him. He started the entire altercation, so instead of throwing him out of the game, they just let him run his mouth egregiously, along with Poole yelling in Bertans face for 10 seconds... I guess taunting isn't a thing unless it's against the Warriors.

Mavericks are not scared lol... They are just being pummeled on the glass and that is where the Mavs cannot capitalize. Even when they mopped up the Suns, they only out-rebounded them by a handful. When they lose, they are 10 to almost 18 rebounds under... Those battles they constantly lose in the paint, while not being able to generate a lot of plays in the paint is what is killing them.

“Should of Won” isn’t a thing. Got to play a full 48 minutes. Draymond was asking for ejection, lol. We won in spite of him, Looney has been the hero of this series so far along with Steph. Otto is giving big minutes. Loved that Moody got time. Mavs played a great first half. But if you live by the 3, you die by the 3. They also have no interior defense so the Warriors are getting to the rim at will. I expect both teams to make adjustments in Dallas.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    “Should of Won” isn’t a thing.
    What? It DEFINITELY is a thing. Tell that to Shaq or Chuck and see what they say to you lol...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-21-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What? It DEFINITELY is a thing. Tell that to Shaq or Chuck and see what they say to you lol...
    No it’s not a thing. You can always say “if, should of, would of, etc.” At the end of the game all that matters is the final score. You HAVE to play the FULL 48 minutes. I’m tired of hearing media and fans bitch and moan. Making excuses when there teams don’t win. And Chuck is a straight up Warriors hater. Shaq on inside the NBA never gives any deep basketball analyst. Because he was so physically dominant. That’s why once he started slowing down it really showed.
    Last edited by burninglard; 05-22-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The Spanish Grand Prix was worth watching. Plenty of competition. Tough track.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here. Those calls were awful. I saw it the same way you did. Draymond was acting stupid and the Mavs did no wrong on those plays. Draymond shouldn't have that long a leash with the officials. I actually think his first half is why the Warriors played so poorly. Maybe Kerr maybe at halftime Kerr reminded him they were playing the Mavs and not the refs?

And yeah, they need to work on rebounding and defensive effort. Curry had 8 rebounds last game for chrissakes. You don't have to be a great defensive player but you do have to give effort on defense.

The Mavs are in trouble again and tonight is pretty much an elimination game for them. If it goes 3-0 it's pretty much over so it's must win. Hopefully their guys play well at home.

And as far as you and @burninglard 's "should have won" argument. I think ya'll are arguing two different ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that the Mavs should have won that game because they were up 19 and if they just play that game with more fundamentals they have a great chance to win. In other words it's the type of game that will haunt them should they not advance.

And, burninglard, I think you are saying that GS should get credit because they played that second half and took that game back. And I agree with you there. They never gave up on the game. That's what you've been saying when you say they're not the Suns. Now you guys can hug it out. lol

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    We gotta get these shots to.fall, damnit, or this is pretty much the end of.the season.

And GSW has that third quarter magic.

Come on, guys.
    @burnmotherfucker!
    Eleven is many, many things to me. It's my graffiti name, (and some of my old graff crew friends still call me Eleveno), but it became THAT because I just saw it everywhere all young life: 11:11, I mean.
    22 is my life path number in numerology. 11 was a key number in my ritual magic days.
    As far as what it all MEANS to me, spirituality, well...I could write you an essay.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-22-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    What sucks about this game is that if Maxi Kleber OR Dorian Finney-Smith OR Luka had hit their normal shooting percentage, the score would look quite a bit different going into the fourth quarter.

Idk if it's an emotional thing or what. Like, we've had SO many great plays and looks, and SO many shots, especially from beyond the arc, that these guys usually make.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    We gotta get these shots to.fall, damnit, or this is pretty much the end of.the season.

And GSW has that third quarter magic.

Come on, guys.
    @burnmotherfucker!
    Eleven is many, many things to me. It's my graffiti name, (and some of my old graff crew friends still call me Eleveno), but it became THAT because I just saw it everywhere all young life: 11:11, I mean.
    22 is my life path number in numerology. 11 was a key number in my ritual magic days.
    As far as what it all MEANS to me, spirituality, well...I could write you an essay.

What sucks about this game is that if Maxi Kleber OR Dorian Finney-Smith OR Luka had hit their normal shooting percentage, the score would look quite a bit different going into the fourth quarter.

Idk if it's an emotional thing or what. Like, we've had SO many great plays and looks, and SO many shots, especially from beyond the arc, that these guys usually make.
    That's interesting about your name. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to anything like numerology or ritual magic if I'm being honest. I just haven't seen the evidence, but of course that doesn't mean there's not something to it. I am however, a Grant Morrison fan and I could listen to that dude talk about ritual magic for hours. If it works for you can you make my neighbors shut the fuck up with it? lol
    I guess this isn't the thread for all this so...

Come the fuck on Mavs! It's not over yet!

A min ago I saw Bullock was 0-9. There's the difference in the game right there. If I'm Cuban I'm looking to upgrade him to a 3 & D guy who can knock down some of those.

No shame, I just want to see them fight the rest of the way.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Now he's 0-10. Sigh.
    @burnmotherfucker!

Well, goddamn. It's been a good season.

That last mavs 3. Goddamn. Wish we'd shot like that the whole game. Or like, for 3-5 more min of it, even.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-22-2022 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Welp.

Somebody's gotta be the first team in history to come back from 3-0...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Welp.

Somebody's gotta be the first team in history to come back from 3-0...
    Yeah. I just want one, at least. Motherfuckers better not come back in there looking like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

Wrt the other thing, Ritual Magic is VERY fucking real, and you generally don't WANT to see any evidence of it. I've seen and experienced quite a fucking bit of it.
    I damn sure don't worship dead Celtic gods these days; I've been balls deep into.Christian mysticism for years.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah. I just want one, at least. Motherfuckers better not come back in there looking like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

Wrt the other thing, Ritual Magic is VERY fucking real, and you generally don't WANT to see any evidence of it. I've seen and experienced quite a fucking bit of it.
    I damn sure don't worship dead Celtic gods these days; I've been balls deep into.Christian mysticism for years.
    The Mavs need to reload next year. Upgrade Bullock, get a rim protecting big that can run the floor (these are hard to come by, Hornets need one too), and try and find a star guard to pair Luka with. Brunson has punched above his weight these playoffs but it's the eye test thing. He's just not going to be that guy. Oh, and Luka has to focus on defense.

So, Elevenism the Christian mystic and ex practitioner of ritual magic. And here you thought burnmotherfucker! was a weird name, mine is just a NIN lyric. lol I kid

My attitude on that is similar to what Kubrick once told Stephen King. Any evidence of the supernatural is positive because its evidence there is a possibility of being something after this. Me personally? I've seen none. My experience is not yours though so I'll take your warning under advisement.

Have you ever seen the horror film "A Dark Song"? I think you would very much like that movie. I wouldn't want to spoil any of it, but yeah.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Another weird game in the Calgary vs. Edmonton series... Edmonton won 4 - 1 but the first period was scoreless.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here. Those calls were awful. I saw it the same way you did. Draymond was acting stupid and the Mavs did no wrong on those plays. Draymond shouldn't have that long a leash with the officials. I actually think his first half is why the Warriors played so poorly. Maybe Kerr maybe at halftime Kerr reminded him they were playing the Mavs and not the refs?

And yeah, they need to work on rebounding and defensive effort. Curry had 8 rebounds last game for chrissakes. You don't have to be a great defensive player but you do have to give effort on defense.

The Mavs are in trouble again and tonight is pretty much an elimination game for them. If it goes 3-0 it's pretty much over so it's must win. Hopefully their guys play well at home.

And as far as you and @burninglard 's "should have won" argument. I think ya'll are arguing two different ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that the Mavs should have won that game because they were up 19 and if they just play that game with more fundamentals they have a great chance to win. In other words it's the type of game that will haunt them should they not advance.

And, burninglard, I think you are saying that GS should get credit because they played that second half and took that game back. And I agree with you there. They never gave up on the game. That's what you've been saying when you say they're not the Suns. Now you guys can hug it out. lol
    Well... That didn't go well.

And I wasn't even trying to argue or take credit away from the Warriors... But "Should have won" is literally one of the most uttered words in all of sports, so I was a bit perplexed lol; it's all good.

The Mavs are lucky if they can squeeze out one game. I thought for sure they were going to take this game over! When I checked the score on my way home from work, saw they were up 8 around mid second quarter, I was excited. But little did I know, the tides would turn...

And then this happened:

Offensive foul, or not... HOT DAMN was this a dunk for the books. Unless the Mavs don't make some miracle happen, I'll have to become a Heat fan .

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well... That didn't go well.

And I wasn't even trying to argue or take credit away from the Warriors... But "Should have won" is literally one of the most uttered words in all of sports, so I was a bit perplexed lol; it's all good.

The Mavs are lucky if they can squeeze out one game. I thought for sure they were going to take this game over! When I checked the score on my way home from work, saw they were up 8 around mid second quarter, I was excited. But little did I know, the tides would turn...

And then this happened:

Offensive foul, or not... HOT DAMN was this a dunk for the books. Unless the Mavs don't make some miracle happen, I'll have to become a Heat fan .
    Yeah that game was hard to watch. At the end of the day though there's no shame for the Mavs. They're early in their rise and GS just has way too many offensive weapons. I think the Mavs organization will learn from this and they'll reload and come back better. As long as Cuban puts down the money of course, they've got a few years window they can win.

And that dunk was sick. And where did Wiggins come from? I never thought he was a trash player or anything but I've also never seen him play like this.

I can't go with you to the Heat fandom. I think of the 4 teams left they're my least favorite. I can't bring myself to root for Boston either, even though I like the way they play the game. I just can't root for teams led by dukies. So, unless the Mavs do the improbable, I'll be for GS in the finals. I think they've got a lot to prove. They want a 4th title. And even though they'd never say it out loud, I think they want to be able to say to Durant, we won before you got here and we won after you left.

But I go down with the ship so right now its still Go Mavs!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    here you go @elevenism . i kid, i kid!!!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    here you go @elevenism . i kid, i kid!!!!!

Yeeeeeeah, fuck that dude. I'm pretty thick skinned about this stuff, but, seriously, there's something wrong with that dude. I wish he'd disrespect my city like that to my face. I'd love to see him try to walk through Oak Cliff or Five Point.

Also, hey! We got one!

I want one more. 4-2 looks a lot better than 4-1.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-25-2022 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also @burnmotherfucker! , I'm with you.
    Unless Dallas pulls off the impossible, it's GSW all the way.

Edit: also, I was just breaking your balls about the burnmotherfucker! bit. It's just a little intense, compared to what you post here: that's all.
    As far as elevenism, well, I'm not exactly active anymore, so it's safe to say (hell ive already been locked up for.it) that I AM Eleven, of DWI Worldwide- aka Eleveno, Evo, Eve, Pure, Pure 11:11, Pure Won.
    I'm known as Eleven to a lot of people.
    You might see DWI up from LA to Texas to NYC to Ireland to Russia, no shit. There are at least a couple hundred of us.
    And it all started with 4 cats in Dallas, me being one of them.

ANYWAY.

Let's get one more at least, Mavs!
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-25-2022 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Yeeeeeeah, fuck that dude. I'm pretty thick skinned about this stuff, but, seriously, there's something wrong with that dude. I wish he'd disrespect my city like that to my face. I'd love to see him try to walk through Oak Cliff or Five Point.

Also, hey! We got one!

I want one more. 4-2 looks a lot better than 4-1.
    Haha, I'm just teasing you. I watch Stephen A most mornings. Pretty good entertainment.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Also @burnmotherfucker! , I'm with you.
    Unless Dallas pulls off the impossible, it's GSW all the way.

Edit: also, I was just breaking your balls about the burnmotherfucker! bit. It's just a little intense, compared to what you post here: that's all.
    As far as elevenism, well, I'm not exactly active anymore, so it's safe to say (hell ive already been locked up for.it) that I AM Eleven, of DWI Worldwide- aka Eleveno, Evo, Eve, Pure, Pure 11:11, Pure Won.
    I'm known as Eleven to a lot of people.
    You might see DWI up from LA to Texas to NYC to Ireland to Russia, no shit. There are at least a couple hundred of us.
    And it all started with 4 cats in Dallas, me being one of them.

ANYWAY.

Let's get one more at least, Mavs!
    One down. Put them brooms up!

And, yeah I figured you were just talkin shit. But also, for the record, I went into my profile to see if I even could change it and I don't think I can. Maybe in retrospect I should have left the exclamation point off haha. I also never intended the name to be towards people reading it or anything like that. I just like the catharsis in that song, that's what it means to me I guess. Baptism by fire, starting over, something like that. I also didn't put more than a few seconds thought into it nor did I expect to post here very much. Fuck it, it is what it is.

And dude, you're from Dallas, Texas. That has 11 letters. I' starting to see it now. You really are ​11!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Haha, I'm just teasing you. I watch Stephen A most mornings. Pretty good entertainment.
    I watch clips from those type guys sometimes and I find them hilarious. Stephen A. and Skip Bayless are the best. You just have to learn to watch them from a certain point of view.

Ever seen Eastbound and Down? In the last season there's a storyline about sports anchors on those types of shows and ever since I watched that it's how I see all these guys now. It's comedy gold really.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 05-25-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    For the record @chuckrh , that's the ONLY dude that gets on my nerves with his hatred of all.things dallas.

I've got a shirt that say DALLAS VS EVERYONE, another with DALLAS: WE RUN THE SOUTH, I've got a hoodie with an AK that says DEFEND DALLAS. I have a Dirty Dirty Dallas hat (aka Triple D- that's what triple D means, btw).

I'm just really, REALLY down for my city, that's all. That dude seems to have a problem with the CITY.

I'm not a gangbanger, but I came up as what people call a tagbanger.

Sports talk is fine, but that dude disrespects the city and the people who live there.

And he does it on purpose, and thinks it's funny.

You know what? I bet he wouldn't say "fuck everyone in Chicago, or Atlanta," now, would he?
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-26-2022 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    For the record @chuckrh , that's the ONLY dude that gets on my nerves with his hatred of all.things dallas.

I've got a shirt that say DALLAS VS EVERYONE, another with DALLAS: WE RUN THE SOUTH, I've got a hoodie with an AK that says DEFEND DALLAS. I have a Dirty Dirty Dallas hat (aka Triple D- that's what triple D means, btw).

I'm just really, REALLY down for my city, that's all. That dude seems to have a problem with the CITY.

I'm not a gangbanger, but I came up as what people call a tagbanger.

Sports talk is fine, but that dude disrespects the city and the people who live there.

And he does it on purpose, and thinks it's funny.

You know what? I bet he wouldn't say "fuck everyone in Chicago, or Atlanta," now, would he?
    Really the only thing about Dallas he can't stand is Cowboys fans. I think he has some buddies who are obnoxious about it. He says nice things about Luka. I really can't stand the Cowboys from a NFC rival perspective. I think they are the most over hyped franchise in the NFL & I just get sick of them. The problem is Jerry Jones. All the money in the world doesn't make you a competent GM. I'd have a lot more respect if he got out of the way & hired someone who knows football. I think once his son takes over things will improve. Example: hiring Mike McCarthy was a really dumb move. As far as the Mavs go, I like them because I like Mark Cuban & Luka. I've been to Dallas & wasn't impressed. I got stranded there overnight when my flight from the Caribbean was delayed & we missed the connection. I did enjoy Austin when I went there for SXSW & I hear good things about San Antonio but haven't been there. We won't talk about Houston....