Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
I liked the first one! I remember seeing it when I was itty bitty and being so terrified because I believed it was real. Saw it again years later and thought it was a great entry in the early found-footage days. They could’ve even learned a lot from the first film and built on that in the reboot. But as far as the second one goes, I remember the moment I saw the trailer and that it was gonna do away with the found footage aspect, and completely ignored it. Is it worth the watch? If I find it somewhere I’ll have to check it.
Oh, I know you said you enjoyed it, but I figured that, had you seen it as a teenage horror fan, you would have fucking LOVED it.

The second one, I think it's badass, but it got bad reviews. It's a sort of meta thing about the town being flooded with people who were excited about the first movie, and a kind of shady dude who does guided tours and such. And horror ensues. I loved the first one so fucking much that I ALSO loved the second one. I know that part of it was just that it was a new Blair Witch project movie that came out a few years after the first one, so I already assumed I would love it. I saw it with rose colored glasses and I think I still do. I also remember that my date and I snuck whiskey into the theater , so that probably smoothed any rough edges. Honestly, I'm not so sure it's MUCH better than the most recent one, but id definitely say it's worth a watch if you dig the lore and such.

I hope that, in a few years, someone comes along and just KILLS it with a fourth one.