Page 74 of 154 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Nightcrawler was FANTASTIC. I went in with relatively low expectations and was very happily surprised at how great it was. I had no idea where that movie was going. So good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Wire: starring every black actor you've seen in anything in the last 10 years.

I'm only half an hour in, and I'm diggin' it so far. Keep hearing that season 1 takes some time, but I'm usually pretty patient with that kinda stuff.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    The Wire: starring every black actor you've seen in anything in the last 10 years.

I'm only half an hour in, and I'm diggin' it so far. Keep hearing that season 1 takes some time, but I'm usually pretty patient with that kinda stuff.
    I got through season 1 and part of 2 and had to put it aside. It's like drinking from a fire hose, at least for me it was.

Saw the series finale of Two and 1/2 men. Meh meh, however I appreciated the very last scene.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Watched 20,000 Days On Earth yesterday and found it really compelling, offering a unique version of Nick Cave and feeling like it exists outside of fiction/non-fiction. It may be all fictional yet it's all true if that makes any sense. It definitely made me feel really artistically inspired, made me want to write more and just felt like a great watch for anyone interested in the creative process.

I just finished watching A Coffee In Berlin and enjoyed it. It's a German film about a college drop out in Berlin, taking place over the course of a single day as he tries to get a cup of coffee (I'm over-simplifying beyond belief, but really, had he owned a drip pot or French press this would have been very short). It had flaws for sure but at its best was very good. I've been really fascinated lately by films set in a single day or so or that just attempt to offer a sense or feeling of life rather than some grand narrative, and this was another good example of that type of film.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Whiplash was absolutely stunning. I still need to see Birdman before really judging but at the moment I'm surprised that didn't get more Oscars. It's one I can tell I'm going to see several more times and be thinking about for a while. The editing, lighting, use of music and just raw acting all came together and did their jobs perfectly. I can usually have complaints about most films even when I really enjoy them and I'm having a tough time thinking of anything I could really say bothered me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally saw John Wick. Watching it again now. Pretty much everything one could want in an action flick. I don't care if the story's been told a million times over, I still love it. The soundtrack is quite good as well.

Oh, and I can unequivocally say that I would do the same thing if someone killed my dog.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that film. Pretty much for the same reasons.

Just finished Hannibal season 2. I Fucking Love this show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Just a bunch of hunks

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just finished this. Stop what you're doing and watch it immediately.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In the last week due to being iced in here, I've watched:
    John Wick (really impressed with this one)
    Bad Boys II (old favorite, cheesy goodness.)
    Valkyrie
    Pacific Rim (Finally got around to watching this, can't wait for the sequel)
    And a lot of That 70's Show and Family Feud.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd really like a sequel to John Wick. In an interview the directors said they'd want to do it and they could, without a doubt, top the action in the first one. The thing is the movie made its money back, but wasn't a megahit or anything. Hopefully they can go it a go, because after people see this at home they'd be down to show up for the sequel. I'd like to see Keanu try new and unique ways of pulling off headshots.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just watched this trailer and HOLY SHIT do i want to see this film!

and then i get to the end of the trailer and it's written & directed by ryan gosling? FUCK YEAH!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just watched this trailer and HOLY SHIT do i want to see this film!

and then i get to the end of the trailer and it's written & directed by ryan gosling? FUCK YEAH!
    I've heard some bad things about it but I still want to see it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale, it was SO good.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Kingsman: The Secret Service was so much fun to watch. Had nothing but a good time with it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Burning Love is so god damn hilarious, can't believe I'd never heard of this show before. It's a perfect parody of The Bachelor with a stacked cast and some amazing dialogue.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Burning Love is so god damn hilarious, can't believe I'd never heard of this show before. It's a perfect parody of The Bachelor with a stacked cast and some amazing dialogue.

Aaaaand I just finished the first season and it was amazing. Starting season 2 now and it looks even better.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cuban Fury

based on an idea by and starring nick frost as a former salsa dancer. it was fun, funny, and adorable. the supporting cast were all fantastic, rashida jones was charmingly dorky, and chris o'dowd was great, but it was really hard to see him being such an a-hole.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Finally jumped on the Arrow bandwagon.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    we just binge watched this dope ass mini-series called The Red Road on netflix...6 episodes straight through.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Amazing!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Its a great, hilarious, laught out loud kind of show, but sometimes its missing something and thats hard to put my finger on. Sometimes the humor is really bizarre. Still a great new show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Its a great, hilarious, laught out loud kind of show, but sometimes its missing something and thats hard to put my finger on. Sometimes the humor is really bizarre. Still a great new show.
    I watched three episodes of this the other day. Quite like it. Its co-created by Tina Fey, and the 30 Rock feel to the humor is something I've been missing.

Just saw Enemy, the Jake Gyllenhaal starring film. Great stuff. It has some nice David Lynch and Momento influences, and it pulls off being ambiguous without seeming entirely like artsy wankery. Spoiler: The ending fucking freaked me out. Like many folks, I'm a bit of an arachnophobe and had to deal with a facehugger-sized monstrosity in my house the other day. That spider at the end(which represent the guy's fear of female intimacy) was pretty damn realistic CG, and the suddenness of its appearance and its movement really gave me the heebie jeebies. It was pretty awesome, thinking about it now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just watched starring Leland Orser (you know him from a lot, but most likely Se7en) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. It is fucking terrific. Among many other things, it is consistently yet subtly funny, absurd, creepy, claustrophobic, etc. Orser's one of those actors who's good in everything but he finally gets a chance to take center stage with a seriously meaty role and he doesn't waste a single opportunity. I hope he wins real recognition for this performance. Winstead matches Orser easily, and the two of them make a great, bizarre pair.

It's in select theaters, and also on VOD, iTunes, etc. See it, see it, see it, see it, see it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy shit! That looks awesome. I'll leave my thoughts after I see this. Looks like my kind of movie.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Went to see Fifty Shades of Grey last night, wow that was a bad film. It actually seemed better than it was at first, just because I thought they'd have some annoying voice over of Anastasias voice saying 'oh my' or 'holy crap' all the way through, but they didn't and that made her a lot less irritating, but it was still shit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rewatched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I liked some elements of it, but as a whole...*sigh*. It just doesn't have the vibe of the book. I'm usually not inclined to remakes or reboots, but this would be welcome, especially as a TV show with a good budget. With the quality of a decent chunk of TV today being pretty high, they could do a nice job with this, and won't have to compress stuff for a movie runtime or leave things out. Pretty please, HBO?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just saw Prisoners (2013) with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, and wow. I couldn't imagine watching it if I had kids. Incredible film, but just so emotionally heavy. I knew nothing about the plot going in and am glad but was just really taken off guard by how difficult of a watch it is emotionally. Dying to see Enemy now.