Page 44 of 155 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Making A Living.

1915 will be tough: The Tramp or The Birth of a Nation
    Went with The Birth of a Nation for 1915. Halfway through. To be honest, I find sitting through a 3-hour slient movie, a bit of a challenge. Movie is good so far.
    1914 ended up going to Between Showers.

Will likely watch The Rink for 1916.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jeremiah Johnson - I feel like getting my mountain man on tonight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A friend recommended a Danish comedy called KLOWN today. Described it as a really funny Curb Your Enthusiasm style ting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just finished House of Cards (US).

There's a reason I tend to wait for a few seasons to come out before I get into a show. Fucking brutal cliffhanger!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sharknado might be the greatest movie I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Sharknado might be the greatest movie I've ever seen.
    my friend DVR'd it and is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. i am so fucking excited. i want to make some kind of sharknado-themed foodstuff, but i'm not sure how to do that...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my friend DVR'd it and is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. i am so fucking excited. i want to make some kind of sharknado-themed foodstuff, but i'm not sure how to do that...
    Whatever you use, bring an industrial fan with you. Make it that much better.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just watched it tonight and it was fucking glorious. I had to pause it a few times because I was laughing so hard, mainly every time he used a chainsaw.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I HAVE to finish Sharknado. I only managed to see the part with the shark in the house and the school bus.

But anyway, I finally started Twin Peaks. And you guys were right. It's weird as fuck. But you know what? I fucking love it. (I've also been watching a play-through for Deadly Premonition, before I even started the pilot episode, and that shit really IS just Twin Peaks: The Game.) So awesomely weird.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finished Supernatural, season 8 - so yeah, that wasn't me being a total monomaniac at all. Brilliant show though.

In also - finally - saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (fun movie, ace Simon Pegg) and Jack Reacher (actually a pretty good movie, I was expecting Cruise doing Cruise but it was really interesting). And re-watched Rock of Ages with a friend yesterday - really silly but fun. So, there's definitely a theme there

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alrea View Post
    i have to finish sharknado. i only managed to see the part with the shark in the house and the school bus.
    oh my god finish it it gets so much worse and/or/ funnier

*edit* can we please do something about this no-all-caps thing? I'm dying here.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    There was never a greater need for all-caps than after the emergence...of Sharknado.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, watching sharknado last night in a room full of drinking/drunk people (i was drinking "shark juice" which was really just Bacardi Zombie...it looked and tasted like a blue kool-aid kool-burst) was amazing.

we were ALL throwing out ridiculous puns and one-liners trying to one-up the movie. i got one good one but, for the life of me, i can't remember it.

i think the best was when Spoiler: john heard killed a shark with a stool and someone said "have a seat."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just started watching The Mighty Boosh after seeing an episode of Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy. Truly fantastic what-the-fuckery.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. I read a couple of reviews that it was good. Two episodes in, I like it so far. I promised the BF we'd watch it together. I hope I don't Netflix cheat on him. :P

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I'm probably going to start that this weekend. I keep hearing really good things about it.

Also, I finally got around to watching an episode of Black Books on my friend's recommendation. The first episode was...ok. But I'm going to stick with it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Black Books is great!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the best part is when manny pops up with pigtails. oh man...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Dig yesterday for the first time ever, Don't know why it took me so long to watch this movie.... Really enjoyed it.

I know The Dandy's have sorta distance themselves away from this film because of how they feel it came out and portrayed both bands specially The Brian Jonestown Massacre in such a bad light but man can't say some of the stuff the DW's were saying were not true.

Anton Newcombe just came out looking like a self pretentious junkie prick, who was obsessed and jealous of Courtney and the Dandy's. There is no denying the man has talent he is just full of himself, I think one guy in the film said it best (not an exact quote mind you) "If Anton could clone himself and be the whole band he would", like Anton wouldn't have been that dis-likable if he would have some sense of reality. Saying that though in my opinion he wasn't the worst, Joel Gion oh man that dude just annoyed me the entire film, nothing likable about that dude seems like all he has ever done is just ride Anton's coattails. I honestly just wanted to punch that dude in the face that is how much he bothered me. Didn't like Matt Hollywood either but at least he seemed normal and willing to stand up to Anton. Peter Hayes was like Fuck it don't need this shit.

It was cool to see the different paths two bands took and how it affected their friendship and rivalry. The story obviously was a little bit more centered on Newcombe and his band. But it also showed the struggles of bands in the indie scene and even in the corporate scene. Man that Anton...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just resaw Summer Rental. Goddamn John Candy was the man

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Just resaw Summer Rental. Goddamn John Candy was the man
    I totally miss John Candy. The dude was just simply one of the great comedy actors out there and he had the chops to do drama. I think if he is still around. He would have a career similar to what Bill Murray has with Wes Anderson. Plus, if John Hughes was also still alive. He and Candy would've made more films together though I'm not sure if that sounds promising considering the family film direction that Hughes was going for at that time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. I read a couple of reviews that it was good. Two episodes in, I like it so far. I promised the BF we'd watch it together. I hope I don't Netflix cheat on him. :P
    4 more episodes left to watch - I agree with one review I heard that almost all the characters are fully vetted. Edit: done. Characters were good. I never watched Weeds but I'm guessing the balance between humor and hard reality is similar hear.

Need to go catch up on my Longmire.
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Trying to give Justified a shot. About midway through the first season. Not sure what I think of it yet... I usually try to finish at least the first season before really judging it. But, i'm not really feeling it so far. Does it pick up? Because it progresses kinda slowly, if you even want to call it progression.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Did anyone else (in the UK probably) watch the When Bjork Met Attenborough show? I was so excited to watch it when I first saw the previews cause I love both of them and it was pretty interesting but it felt like half the time Attenborough was just talking at Bjork, telling her about her own music. Obviously she wasn't very engaged and looked bored half the time. What a disappointment!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've just been watching it. I don't know if Bjork looked bored so much as... shy? Confused? Still, the doc was largely about the making and inspiration of Biophilia, and I found it rather fascinating. Some great sounds and melodies in there, I'll definitely be picking it up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Yeah, I've just been watching it. I don't know if Bjork looked bored so much as... shy? Confused? Still, the doc was largely about the making and inspiration of Biophilia, and I found it rather fascinating. Some great sounds and melodies in there, I'll definitely be picking it up.
    I really enjoyed it over all but was a bit confused as to why they were talking about Biophilia like it hadn't been released yet when it's been out for a couple of years now. Did give an interesting look at an album I really enjoy I suppose. The tesla coil as a bass line bit was especially cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Trying to give Justified a shot. About midway through the first season. Not sure what I think of it yet... I usually try to finish at least the first season before really judging it. But, i'm not really feeling it so far. Does it pick up? Because it progresses kinda slowly, if you even want to call it progression.
    Yes it does! The first season was kinda weird because if I remember correctly specially in the first half of it there was a lot of stand alone episodes and it didn't really come together til towards the end, the main storyline they were trying to convey. The second through fourth season have done a way better job of doing that, granted there are a few episodes in there that at times divert from the main focus of that seasons story. Season Two is phenomenal btw, was very happy when Margo Martindale got her Emmy for her part in it. I recommend to at least try to get there and maybe that'll give you a better picture of the show.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 07-28-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Yes it does! The first season was kinda weird because if I remember correctly specially in the first half of it there was a lot of stand alone episodes and it didn't really come together til towards the end, the main storyline they were trying to convey. The second through fourth season have done a way better job of doing that, granted there are a few episodes in there that at times divert from the main focus of that seasons story. Season Two is phenomenal btw, was very happy when Margo Martindale got her Emmy for her part in it. I recommend to at least try to get there and maybe that'll give you a better picture of the show.
    Yeah, it's been nothing but standalone episodes so far. I'll keep going.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Les Miserables - better than I thought it would be
    Stoker - weird but nicely styled
    For A Good Time Call - funny
    The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - fell asleep half way through and Jim Carey's character was very annoying
    Identity Thief - not bad
    Last edited by miss k bee; 08-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.