Page 24 of 155 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    So is anyone getting tired of How I Met Your Mother? This season has been pretty underwhelming so far. Tired, repetitive jokes. They overuse Barney. I just want to find out/meet the mother so that this show can end.
    Yeah, the show's kinda out-lived itself. Barney is really the main "ace in the hole". Its been eight years now. Time to put it down. There's still a few funny moments, but for the most part, it's certainly lost its steam.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Per recommendation from marodi, watching the first two series of Wallander.
    I hope you liked them!

This series is so amazing. It's one of my favorite thing of the last few years. I need to get the third series and I've heard that there'll be a fourth and final one. The books upon which they are based are also excellent, by the way.

I want to move to Ystad so badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Finished watching the extended Return of the King today. I liked it better than when I first saw it. The Two Towers is definitely the weakest of the three, but I still love the Gandalf vs. Balrog scenes.
    The Mouth of Sauron is one of the creepiest character I've ever seen on film. And I've seen a lot of them.

As for myself, I've recently watched The Changeling and its almost namesake. Vastly different movies but I greatly enjoyed them both.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yes, it's a great show but my god, Wallander is such a head case.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

Indeed he is and I think that it's part of what's making the series so great. Wallander is a very complex character and Ken Branagh is playing him perfectly.

Don't you love how Martinsson is his favorite souffre-douleur?
    Last edited by marodi; 10-16-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: It's one of those days where I can't make sense even to myself.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Hahaha yes!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Season 7 of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". I want to play CharDee MacDennis.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just saw Sinister, in theater.

It is far better than I was expecting it to be. There are scenes in it that I found genuinely disturbing. It's one of the best horror movies I've seen in the last few years. And I need to get my hand on the score (which was written by Christopher Young); it's one of the best part of the movie and it's truly disturbing at times. Perfect for Halloween!

I recommend this one!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just watched Masters of the Universe...ah memories. So cheesy but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll be interested to see what they do with the new version that is in the works.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Midnight Express. What a film. Some scenes are so immensely powerful simply on how well filmed they are. Up there with anything Kubrick did.

Its even better than The Shawshank Redemption. Which in my opinion was a movie for bedwetters. Word of mouth got out of hand with that one its was just dank.
    This film somehow extracts beauty from Brutality, .John Hurt is now my favourite actor ever.
    That actor Brad Davis was so good in this such a shame he went off the rails and never became a household name.

Totally forgot on Sanctified Trent sampled the letter scene from it. And on Purest Feeling demo there are i think a few more samples from Billy's voice.
    This film seriously fucked people up when it was released. But its a masterpiece too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Luther--a good show but bloody depressing to watch.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    "The Aggression Scale". Kinda like "Home Alone", but with a lot more brutal violence and less heartwarming antics.
    The kid in it is creeping me out, he looks like a 12 year old Malcolm McDowell.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 10-23-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Carl Theodor Dreyer's Leaves from Satan's Book. Shit, that was intense. Especially for a silent film from 1921 as it has themes that are still relevant to this day. I would recommend this to anyone interested in the works of Dreyer.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    "Wrong Turn 2: Wronger Turn"? Cant remember the subtitle... Anyway, why do inbred cannibal mutants always have super strength? Shouldn't they be rendered helpless with mental and physical defects, like kings and queens from the 1400's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched Haywire last night. Gina Curano can kick my ass any day of the week.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    "Wrong Turn 2: Wronger Turn"? Cant remember the subtitle... Anyway, why do inbred cannibal mutants always have super strength? Shouldn't they be rendered helpless with mental and physical defects, like kings and queens from the 1400's?
    Wrong Turn 5 was just released on DVD. FYI.
    I haven't seen it yet...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Frankenweenie was awesome.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^^
    I agree. I saw it tonight and was quite pleased...... it was better than I expected. I'll be buying it when it's available.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wrong Turn 5 was just released on DVD. FYI.
    I haven't seen it yet...
    If it's anything like 2, you're better off just putting hot spikes in your brain than watching it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Boss 2nd season. Hoping it'll be as good as the first.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    old episodes of Tales of the Gun on youtube, and Ken Burns`the Civil War on the `flix

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Call The Midwife I come from a long line of Irish women who spit kids out no problem and am quite sure this story is exactly how my great grandmum pushed out 8 boys to the streets of lower Manhattan. I could never be midwife though...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just watched Nagisa Oshima's Empire of Passion for my Halloween marathon. Man, that was intense. A film about a late 19th century couple who are having an affair where they conspire to kill the woman's husband and three years later, his ghost appears wreaking havoc.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Antichrist. Just watched the opening sequence... that was absolutely brilliant

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It get weird. You're gonna have phantom pains. YOU'LL know what I'm talking about!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Gonna watch "Bronson" again! Such an awesome Tom Hardy performance. Fucking balls-to-the-wall crazy! Also working my way through season 4 of Fringe. <3

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The Hollow Crown: Richard II.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finished Season 1 of Game of Thrones last night, and I loved it. I'm seriously considering reading the books now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Film, Octane = good actors but shit film!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm in a masochistic mood lately so I (finally gave up and) watched 2012 (yes, the Roland Emmerich movie) and holyjesustittyfuckingchrist what did I just watch? No, seriously. I can't believe this one actually made +700mil. The acting was terrible, storyline was awful, "You can download my blog".. what?? The effects were.. ok.
    And while I was in same masochistic mood I decided to give me another handicapped celluloid handjob by watching the 3D version of Journey 2. I can't believe I'm going to say this but here's the thing: this movie was way better than 2012. It still sucked large donkey testicles but was somehow more enjoyable than the apocalyptic extravaganza.

While I'm at it, time to catch up with the latest episodes of Crime Scene Investigation (and I wouldn't be surprised if me and Saturnine are still the only ones on ETS watching this show).