Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Indeed, my friend. And after that: more D'Onofrio: Adventures in Babysitting for Thor D'Onofrio, Men in Black for Bug D'Onofrio and Full Metal Jacket for Your-mind-will-be-blown D'Onofrio.

For dessert: Law and Order Criminal Intent for Ultimate D'Onofrio and, in later seasons, a bonus: Delightful Jeff Goldblum.

Digestif: The Magnificent Seven with Quirky D'Onofrio, Fantastic Ethan Hawke and God Denzel.
    You've left out one of my favorites, though: Steal This Movie! for D'Onofrio as Abbie Hoffman in a shoestring budget indie film about the Yippies D'Onofrio.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-13-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    As for me, I can't stop fucking watching YouTube. It starts with the morning news (from like eight sources.)

Then, maybe a true crime vid.
    By then, the time that's over, there's more news.

Then it's time for Religion for Breakfast and other PhD level deep dives into theological history.

And Oh, look! Whang/Wavywebsurf/Disrupt has a new video about some weird piece of internet history.

And, fuck me, there's MORE news.

And I've got to see all SIDES of the news.

And then, I'll be damned: another great true crime doc is up!

And then I pass out.

Then I wake up, and it's time for the news...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I'm in the last season of ST:TNG. I've started going through all the ST, and it's going to take a while, but there's a little dent.

That animated original series is something
    My beloved partner and I have been slowly going through all the ST as well. We had re-watched Enterprise and then decided on chronological from there out, so TOS and animated (but that's not really considered canon), TNG and we're like 5 episodes into DS9... I mean, we only really watch like 10-15min at a time so it takes a while.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    My beloved partner and I have been slowly going through all the ST as well. We had re-watched Enterprise and then decided on chronological from there out, so TOS and animated (but that's not really considered canon), TNG and we're like 5 episodes into DS9... I mean, we only really watch like 10-15min at a time so it takes a while.
    There's so much to do. I might skip things like Lower Dreck though. Discovery might look better by the time I get there, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm in the last season of ST:TNG. I've started going through all the ST, and it's going to take a while, but there's a little dent.

That animated original series is something
    I started TNG during lockdown and I'm currently up to season 6. I've noticed that since I started they've pulled all of the series from Netflix/Amazon/Hulu except TNG and DS9 to be exclusive to Paramount+. I'm worried they're going to pull TNG and DS9 before I get the chance to finish them (especially TNG). I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but I haven't heard when. Wouldn't be surprised if it's this year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Are the TNG seasons those crazy remasters? The little things you see in those episodes now are priceless. "That dude is totally not Data." "You can see where the makeup ends." "There's scuffs all over the consoles."

There's also fan remasters of DS9 and Voyager out there, and those look pretty OK, too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Are the TNG seasons those crazy remasters? The little things you see in those episodes now are priceless. "That dude is totally not Data." "You can see where the makeup ends." "There's scuffs all over the consoles."
    My favourites are picking out the "Stunt Riker [Data, Worf]" and the fake facial hair. Like, if we can see the hair follicles sticking to the tape...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The shot/reverse shots where it's behind their heads and only about a third in frame, and then that wonderful ADR.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Nightmare Alley was awesome

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    See, I liked it better when it was called "Matchstick Men".

I dunno what it was about the movie but it felt so lifeless and at the same time rushed. He learned mentalism so quickly that I thought there had to be something else to the story but no, that was it. And I've seen almost universal praise for it so I know it's a good movie to a lot of people but it just wasn't for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Outlander season 5!

Prepping for season 6 coming out on March 6th.

I totally don't like romances at all. Nope, never watch them, not my thing. I just watch it for the scifi time travel and the historical aspect.

(So excited for more Jamie and Claire!)

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Maɬni – Towards the Ocean, Towards the Shore

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm on vacation this week, and since I can't watch actual baseball because of the stupid lockout, I've gone on a bit of a baseball movie and documentary marathon. Watching Field of Dreams now, and I think I'm gonna wrap it up after that. It's the 14th movie in the marathon, plus all 22.5 hours of Ken Burn's Baseball.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I'm on vacation this week, and since I can't watch actual baseball because of the stupid lockout, I've gone on a bit of a baseball movie and documentary marathon. Watching Field of Dreams now, and I think I'm gonna wrap it up after that. It's the 14th movie in the marathon, plus all 22.5 hours of Ken Burn's Baseball.
    ah, ken burns. that man makes magic.
    I LOVE Ken Burns' Baseball, and I don't even fucking LIKE baseball.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ah, ken burns. that man makes magic.
    I LOVE Ken Burns' Baseball, and I don't even fucking LIKE baseball.
    It's good. It's just a shame how much misinformation is in it that he hasn't made an effort to correct. He really goes in on Ty Cobb, telling all these stories about how racist he was. All of those stories were based on his biography, and the writer of it straight up made them up. Cobb may have been an asshole, but there's no evidence that he was racist other than those made up stories.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I started TNG during lockdown and I'm currently up to season 6. I've noticed that since I started they've pulled all of the series from Netflix/Amazon/Hulu except TNG and DS9 to be exclusive to Paramount+. I'm worried they're going to pull TNG and DS9 before I get the chance to finish them (especially TNG). I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but I haven't heard when. Wouldn't be surprised if it's this year.
    And sure enough, I went to watch an episode of TNG on Netflix today and it says "Leaving April 1". Welp.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I started watching The Tragedy of Macbeth and it's basically great but there are too many times where it feels like an actual stage production instead of a film. It's really weird to watch because of this but I think that if I just get my head in the right space for it it'll be fine. And if this was an actual directorial intent then that's great but it's just a little jarring.

But the scene with the Fates? That was pretty brilliant. The two in the water are ostensibly the past and the future and since you cannot actually see either of these things neither can Macbeth. It's a very interesting idea.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This is good and I recommend. Made me think of Black Swan, The Machinist, Enemy, St. Maude.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    SyFy is not available is Canada so I watch it on a Canadian channel called (and I kid you not) CTV Sci-Fi. It seems to air on the same night as SyFy so I guess I watch it live.

An octopus has never been this funny,I tell you!
    we've been watching it on Peacock and caught up to the latest episode. it's still good but also it's got some serious Second Season "We Must Learn About the Secondary Characters" vibes/issues. I understand that you can't focus on just the main characters but there are a lot of times this season where I'm like - why do we care about this right now? The pregnancy thing, for example. Which I just realized is a twin story to Harry having a baby of his own. oh geez.

Also something that really killed Suits (the lawyer show) is that everyone eventually knew the secret. there's just no way to keep suspense going if it turns out that there's nothing to be suspenseful about.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just watched Jackass Forever, now that it's on Paramount+. Those movies still make me laugh.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This is good and I recommend. Made me think of Black Swan, The Machinist, Enemy, St. Maude.

SO good.

Some people like the big jumpscares, and that's fine. This ain't that.
    But if you wanna see horror flix of the unsettling, thought provoking, atmospheric style,, this is one of THOSE.
    It's seriously one of the best in a few years.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-24-2022 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I guess it's telling that I could only find one post talking about Wheel of Time?

Finished the show last night and I don't know how there are people who read the books and also liked the show. I don't know how there are people who didn't read the books and liked the show! There were just too many parts where they would say or do or show something with zero pretext - or post text! - and I'd ask my wife "was that something from the books" and she'd say yes. But then she'd also be crowing about "that's not how that happened!" when other things happened.

Doesn't help that I read an interview with the showrunner who said, "I can do whatever I want". Which, with this pedigree, maybe he should stfu?
    Rafe Lee Judkins (born January 8, 1983, in Salt Lake City, Utah) is an American showrunner and television personality best known as the showrunner for the Amazon original series The Wheel of Time, based on Robert Jordan's book series of the same name and also for appearing as a contestant on the 11th season of Survivor, which took place in Guatemala. He is now a working TV and travel writer with credits on other shows such as My Own Worst Enemy, Chuck, and Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Finally saw this. Incredible. I'd love to see it on the big screen. I love how Herzog is able to move the story along so fluidly, and the beautiful shots of people just doing things while the camera pans around.

I think that I will re watch Fitzcarraldo tonight.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    F1 Drive to Survive. Most excellent. I don't have Netflix so I have to rely on other people's kindness ( thank you @elevenism ). Been getting into F1 pretty heavily. I have a goal of being healthy (&wealthy) enough to go to the first Vegas Grand Prix. Thanksgiving weekend 2023.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Parallel on Disney+.

Similar in theme to Dark, but not quite as...dark, for lack of a better word. It's French, but D+ defaults to English dubs. So if live action dubs annoy you as much as they do me, I recommend switching to the original French with subtitles.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    F1 Drive to Survive. Most excellent. I don't have Netflix so I have to rely on other people's kindness ( thank you @elevenism ). Been getting into F1 pretty heavily. I have a goal of being healthy (&wealthy) enough to go to the first Vegas Grand Prix. Thanksgiving weekend 2023.
    I knocked that out REAL quick this last week.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just watched Jackass Forever, now that it's on Paramount+. Those movies still make me laugh.
    It's the simplest premise possible yet makes me laugh more than any other movies. Whenever I think of the hardest I've ever laughed in a theater, Jackass 2 is always the first to come to mind, with 3 not far behind. I watched Forever last week and they haven't lost a step.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was a pretty solid slasher flick.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

This was probably better than it had any right to be. Brad Pitt was excellent and I'm glad it was more than a cameo for one scene. Also there were a lot of jokes that sounded real instead of written, if that makes sense. if you're watching Resident Alien you'll know what I'm talking about because I noticed it a lot there as well. Jokes that just feel better than other ones. It's weird to describe, but it's like "oh that was funny, yes, I enjoyed that" compared to "omg what" kind of jokes.

If I had a complaint it would be that there were a lot of ADR lines just to throw more laughs in. I mean it was funny enough but then you have a 10-15 second scene where clearly no one is talking but you have lines coming from them? There was also one point where the CGI seemed to have been taped in like the OG Star Wars where you could see the tape on the film. It was jarring but thankfully was fixed quickly. It was almost like when you're streaming something and the bitrate takes a hit.

Anyway, it's easily the most fun movie I've seen lately.