Page 117 of 155 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 4625

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cat mom View Post
    i don’t know, the guy is like a cyborg, jeopardy must be shitting their pants as to how long this guy can go; on the other hand, the viewer numbers are the highest in history, so the ad revenue is increased, too. I think it would be historic to be on with james!
    @ickyvicky @elevenism

OH SHIT TODAY IS GONNA BE A BAD DAY FOR JEOPARDY JAMES!!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm hearing there's a rumor going around....

What I would like to happen is for him to lose and let Ken keep his record. I think that would be a neat ending.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    @ickyvicky @elevenism

OH SHIT TODAY IS GONNA BE A BAD DAY FOR JEOPARDY JAMES!!!
    James ruined it for me. Don't look at his Twitter. I'm surprised he would tweet something like that so early in the day. I know there's news articles already out, but still.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The UK House of Cards series (all three) and the UK Traffik series (now 30 years old!).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    James ruined it for me. Don't look at his Twitter. I'm surprised he would tweet something like that so early in the day. I know there's news articles already out, but still.
    He totally sandbagged that final Jeopardy bet. Word is his daughter wanted him to lose, and was in the audience.

The UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LIBRARIAN is awesome!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey, so, I was thinking: this show is taped in advance- weeks in advance, from what I understand.
    Everyone signs NDAs.

Now. I saw a headline several days ago, about it being predicted that June 3rd would be the day James took Ken's record down.

People were betting on this shit. There were Vegas odds.

SO, with all of the people who knew what happened in advance- the audience, the production staff, and any friends or family of anyone who privately broke the non disclosure agreement, it wouldn't surprise me if SOMEONE sold that information, or, FALSE information.

It sounds like a way for criminals to make a whole lot of money. And, honestly, with the number of people who knew the outcome, it would surprise me if somebody DIDN'T sell the information.

It sounds like something that organized crime groups might would orchestrate.

Idk, maybe I'm crazy, but that just occurred to me when they said Alex was resting until next season, when he did the second to last interview, I think. I knew they filmed multiple episodes at a time, but, I didn't realize there was THAT much lag

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah, they record two episodes in a day.

He was totally weak with that bet, he should of put it all in - Vegas style.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yeah, they record two episodes in a day.
    From what I understand, they record FIVE a day, for several days. I got to thinking about this when they mentioned that Alex Trebek was currently resting up "between seasons," several days ago.

But, I heard that sports books wouldn't take bets on jeopardy, because of this, so my thought didn't amount to much.

That bet at the end: I figured he knew the lady got it right, and decided to bet a number that was special to him, like I would bet $1111?
    Idk. That was odd.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That bet at the end: I figured he knew the lady got it right, and decided to bet a number that was special to him, like I would bet $1111?
    Idk. That was odd.
    He's a professional gambler. Here's what he said about his final bet. (Ya gotta wonder if January 3, 1999 is a special date. He was born in 1984.)

There's this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Polar_Lander

Regarding the final Jeopardy question, a great reckoning in a little room: http://marlowe-shakespeare.blogspot....owe-and_6.html
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    He's a professional gambler. Here's what he said about his final bet. (Ya gotta wonder if January 3, 1999 is a special date. He was born in 1984.)

There's this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Polar_Lander

Regarding the final Jeopardy question, a great reckoning in a little room: http://marlowe-shakespeare.blogspot....owe-and_6.html
    maybe it's the day he lost his virginity (i'm not even kidding )

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    maybe it's the day he lost his virginity (i'm not even kidding )
    Could be, except he seems kind of religious.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So, I saw Us, and it was pretty damn cool.
    I would definitely recommend it. It wasn't like, frightening, to me, but I LOVE movies that have a huge subtext, where catching the subtext is kind of the point, and Us sure is one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching Good Omens on Amazon Prime. I think it's great. Funny and quirky and savage in all the right ways. Created and written by Neil Gaiman, who is an undeniable force of our age.

It's just right for our times.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Could be, except he seems kind of religious.
    ah, i only caught one episode he was on so i had no idea. seems weird to be religious and a professional gambler, but i guess lots of people are full of cognitive dissonance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ah, i only caught one episode he was on so i had no idea. seems weird to be religious and a professional gambler, but i guess lots of people are full of cognitive dissonance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I am one such person, I guess? I mean, I'm here, and I swear a lot, and I played guitar for the church here.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm watching that Chernobyl, now. Like, right now. I need to put this fucking tablet down.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I am one such person, I guess? I mean, I'm here, and I swear a lot, and I played guitar for the church here.
    yeah but you're a complex human being with multiple facets to your personality, and i was oversimplifying to make a point haha

i just always find it odd how many religious people are like "pro-life" and "yay jesus" but they are so filled with hate for anyone who isn't part of their little group. anyway, i digress...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Watched Rocketman yesterday with the lady. Hada blast! While some musical numbers started off a little criny, especially when Elton John was young and still Reggie, the movie picked up big time after that. Loved it! But jesus, why is Bryce Dallas Howard famous again?

Kudos to Taron Egerton, that's Oscar material right there. Forget Bohemian Rhapsody...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just watched Brightburn. I enjoyed it: A tight 90 minutes with an interesting concept. I'm surprised nobody explored it before, on film.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Watched Rocketman yesterday with the lady. Hada blast! While some musical numbers started off a little criny, especially when Elton John was young and still Reggie, the movie picked up big time after that. Loved it! But jesus, why is Bryce Dallas Howard famous again?

Kudos to Taron Egerton, that's Oscar material right there. Forget Bohemian Rhapsody...
    We saw Rocketman yesterday. I had NO idea it was going to be a fantasy musical, so at first I was, like, WTF! Lol.

Having been a huge fan through most of EJ’s career from the early-70s through to Island Girl caca, the timeline incongruity sometimes bugged me, and certain inaccuracies / fibs stood out, but I suppose only EJ and Taupin purists like me would notice or care. Plenty of it did distract me by making me wish I could Google in the theater. The director admits to having focused primarily on EJ’s rehab stint (my husband and I had NO idea that EJ was THAT fucked up on alcohol, drugs, etc.) and then spun his life around it, not necessarily in chronological - or factual- order. Like, I don’t think he really ditched sold-out MSG shows to jump into a cab and go to rehab.

The theater was filled with gray-haired old people with canes, so the almost-graphic gay sex scene made me wonder if they were gonna have grabbers, but my husband and I heard pretty much all of them saying how much they LOVED the film as they were leaving.

I agree that Targon Egerton did a super job.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-12-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    A movie I watch every 5 or so year to see if I still like it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    this is fantastic! part documentary, part piss take. the enigma continues...

image thing didn't work. talking about "rolling thunder revue" on netflix (& some theaters).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I fucking LOVED The Beach Bum. I love Harmony Korine in general

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the original Karate Kid... and you know what, this is a really cute movie. Sure, it's about how a racial stereotype teaches a brat how to be the alpha male in his high school, but this is some fun shit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    rewatched gremlins and gremlins 2 this week (after showing my best friend who's in town the key & peele gremlins 2 sketch). definitely didn't remember that the first movie gets almost as ridiculous as the second one (especially that whole long scene in the bar). both are still fun and silly, and the first one actually has some genuinely scary music. also, they should have brought billy's mom in for the second one, because she single-handedly killed three gremlins in the first movie. she knows how to get shit done.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Gremlins 2 is underrated, it just embraces its core silliness more completely than the original