Page 171 of 353 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 10575

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

loving this whole album, but faves are this one..great soul..and insomnia (yeah, yeah "in sarnia" my aunt fanny lol)...
    i fucking LOVE great soul..but can't find it on youtube.
    go listen to this album. now. repeatedly.

oh gods, yeah...MAN and MACHINE...fucking perfect open and close tracks. hayzeus kristo, i fucking love this damned album.

so @botley and any other hip fans: this album is creeping on my tied for first albums, "trouble at the henhouse" and "world container". and you? any hip fans care to weigh in on their fave album and tracks?
    fwiw: new orleans is sinking (westwind AND killer whale tank), highway girl (with double suicide rant), world container and 700 ft ceiling are my all time fave hip tracks.
    Last edited by Lew; 09-06-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: it's getting..it's getting..it's getting kinda hip-py

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post

so @botley and any other hip fans: this album is creeping on my tied for first albums, "trouble at the henhouse" and "world container". and you? any hip fans care to weigh in on their fave album and tracks?
    fwiw: new orleans is sinking (westwind AND killer whale tank), highway girl (with double suicide rant), world container and 700 ft ceiling are my all time fave hip tracks.
    Huge soft spot for Phantom Power, the soundtrack to many cottage vacations. Yeah, the last two albums are great but there's something about the 90s stuff...
    Last edited by botley; 09-06-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A lot of En Esch related stuff. Some older kmfdm.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Im listening to "Ultra" tomorrow, but today it is:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Huge soft spot for Phantom Power, the soundtrack to many cottage vacations. Yeah, the last two albums are great but there's something about the 90s stuff...
    i am just getting into phantom power. i have yet to fully ingest 'day for night', 'phantom power' and 'in between evolution'.
    isn't it funny, i love their 00's stuff far more (on balance)...world container/we are the same/now for plan a/man machine poem.
    as mentioned 'trouble at the henhouse' is my fave 90's album of theirs, but i really love 'up to here' and 'road apples' as well.
    i loved 'fully completely' but not as much as the rest of canada did...to me it is not their definitive album (though i guess sales records would disagree).
    the hip, to me, are the embodiment of this dude who used to turn up at all the bluegrass festivals when i was a kid: captain canuck. whenever i have seen the hip live i always want to scream "captain canucks, mofo's".
    anyway, thanks for engaging, mr. botley.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

There was one. Bore witness to the rays of the sun. Synthesized in her own image. Photo negative. Shun. The development of Parliament. The phallic bop gun. Thus, the mother-ship connection spawned the birth of the drum. Ancient drum begat drum. Kingdom go, kingdom come. Ancient sector of the scepter risen up to the Sun. Hidden hand of man begat patented clone of the drum. Boom Bap strapped into a wire, tightly coiled, and re-spun. Trigger sound. Trigger gun. Drum machine. Machine gun. Bodies piled. Carefully filed under beats that were once reprogrammed to become: unplugged concert of Sun. Every ray with sample clearance. Every two begat one. Boom bop hard as a gun. White cross-trainers, unstrung. Let these suckas know the cost of making Harriet run. Let the North Star be your guiding post when turned from the sun until knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Just the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Metallica goes HARSH NOISE

I can finally listen to this album without fearing BOREDOM!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New Cult Hidden City isn't bad.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

...and pretty much all of their songs

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    sad the vinyl got delayed, but i'm going to try to wait until i have it to listen. how is it!?!?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sad the vinyl got delayed, but i'm going to try to wait until i have it to listen. how is it!?!?
    It's good. I like it better than everything but Act I. It does have a lot of the theatrical elements of IV though. (All of them are theatrical but IV was the largest offender.)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It's good. I like it better than everything but Act I. It does have a lot of the theatrical elements of IV though. (All of them are theatrical but IV was the largest offender.)
    i mean, with a multi-album concept arc, it HAS to be theatrical (and i love that about it). not sure if you were positing that as a negative or just describing it haha. really looking forward to hearing it. my friend justin said that it "sounds like casey listened to a bunch of porcupine tree before he wrote this one" so that's extremely intriguing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, with a multi-album concept arc, it HAS to be theatrical (and i love that about it). not sure if you were positing that as a negative or just describing it haha. really looking forward to hearing it. my friend justin said that it "sounds like casey listened to a bunch of porcupine tree before he wrote this one" so that's extremely intriguing.
    I felt IV was a little too heavy with that element. Never heard Porcupine Tree so I am unable to speak on that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Fuckin' Westworld made me want to listen to some Roy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Surprised to find I dig this band...put a few of their songs on my phone for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Never heard Porcupine Tree
    Fix that, like right now.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Listening to Warcraft: The Beginning OST by Ramin Djawadi. If you are not familiar with him, he currently composes music for Game of Thrones.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Can't get enough of these fuckers, lol...

Speaking of:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Why do I love this song so much.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Skepta. Winner of this year's Mercury prize. It's kinda hard compare grime with music of Bowie or Radiohead, but it seems to me Bowie should have won this year. Especially when I really don't hear anything special in Skepta's new album

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Can't get enough of these fuckers, lol...

Speaking of:

Same, unsure if you seen it in the thread of the band but I'll be buying a ticket to see them in November.

Love that video/song!

New EP rules, it came out today.