Thread: Random Tech Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hey, all!

I'm running a Blue Yeti microphone on a 2012 MacBook Pro into Logic Pro X to record a podcast. For the first couple weeks or months I had no problems whatsoever. Lately, the issue is in the recording itself: it's always distorted and skipping all over. To be clear, I have no problem plugging in and monitoring my vocals, but when I playback the recording of my voice, it's completely shot to hell.

I'm pretty stumped since this problem came out of nowhere after a decent amount of time with no issues at all. There was even a brief period where it just seemed to just go away on its own but came roaring back.

The Yeti works no problem on other computers (which has been my solution to recording lately), but it's always distorted/skipping when I'm recording into my laptop. My fear is that I might have to update my OS, but this computer is getting so old and that seems like such a shot in the dark that it might not even work even if my computer survives the update. I'm currently running High Sierra – Version 10.13.3

Any help or direction anyone could provide would be awesome. Thank you!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Hey, all!

I'm running a Blue Yeti microphone on a 2012 MacBook Pro into Logic Pro X to record a podcast. For the first couple weeks or months I had no problems whatsoever. Lately, the issue is in the recording itself: it's always distorted and skipping all over. To be clear, I have no problem plugging in and monitoring my vocals, but when I playback the recording of my voice, it's completely shot to hell.

I'm pretty stumped since this problem came out of nowhere after a decent amount of time with no issues at all. There was even a brief period where it just seemed to just go away on its own but came roaring back.

The Yeti works no problem on other computers (which has been my solution to recording lately), but it's always distorted/skipping when I'm recording into my laptop. My fear is that I might have to update my OS, but this computer is getting so old and that seems like such a shot in the dark that it might not even work even if my computer survives the update. I'm currently running High Sierra – Version 10.13.3

?????

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
    Last edited by allegro; 04-23-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Hey, all!

Just a shot in the dark; I haven't used Logic since 8...

Check/increase the I/O Buffer Size and make sure the I/O Safety Buffer option is enabled.