Can someone with experience with the Tinder app explain it to me? I don't think mine works.

I have a specific question related to the app actually. I'll use an example to better portray my question because I have searched high and low on the internet for the answer and it is never discussed.

Let's say person #1 swipes right on a profile they are interested in and then they move onto the next profile. No match.
And then person #2 comes across the profile, and they swipe right as well, triggering a match.

Will Person #1 ever be notified that there was a match with the person they originally swiped on, or will person #2 be the only one to get the notification that there is a match?

I ask because, I have used this thing for a bloody week and I have not gotten any notifications of matches. 1 of those people MUST have swiped right to match with me. I find it impossible to believe otherwise. Not that I'm just blindly swiping on everyone. But I generally know the kind of girls I have a chance with (alternative / metal /goth / nerd / weirdo types) I must have swiped right on at least a couple hundred profiles.

Well, there was 1 match... but I think it was a bot. The profile was pretty bare bones and they never responded when I sent a chat message. But even then so... 1 match in 7 days of using it? That doesn't seem like very high odds of actually meeting someone.

I've become so fed up with this stupid app, I just started swiping right on everything tonight just to see what'll happen. Still nothing.