Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    You can author the WAV files as an embedded LPCM stream at 96/24 in a DVD-Video container such that it will work on every player under the sun. I don't know exactly what tool is best for this but you'd probably need more than one DVD for it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    You can author the WAV files as an embedded LPCM stream at 96/24 in a DVD-Video container such that it will work on every player under the sun. I don't know exactly what tool is best for this but you'd probably need more than one DVD for it.
    It'd probably fit on one bd-r if one has access to a Blu ray writer.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yes. Apparently HD-Audio Solo Ultra will do this (haven't tried it myself).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoottofill View Post
    Don't think this has been covered yet, but my Blu Ray player won't play the .FLAC's directly from the USB. Anyone know the easiest way to make a DVD-AUDIO disc? I use mac and have DVD studio pro 4. Couldn't find it in any of the documentation, but I could be looking for the wrong terms.
    Probably the easiest thing to use is Toast. Use the "Music DVD" option. You can even use the settings to downsample it to 24/48 while burning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I forgot how badass "Oraculum" is. For real.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Probably the easiest thing to use is Toast. Use the "Music DVD" option. You can even use the settings to downsample it to 24/48 while burning.
    Be careful if you're downsampling. Most software does each track separately, which can screw up the track boundaries and introduce an audible click between songs that crossfade into each other.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just got mine today (purchased through ebay) I got 1741/3000. It was unopened too, maybe I'm an idiot, but where is the chain for the razor?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    In a little felt bag that should be in it

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    In a little felt bag that should be in it
    thanks bro, I missed it in the box

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

NEVER thought I'd get my hand on one, let alone a relatively low number.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    ...let alone a relatively low number.
    Not to be a jerk or anything... but 1741 is closer to the end of the run than the beginning... What counts as "low" for you?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, I was expecting something like 2853 basically the high 2k's

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    To me, low is under 350ish :P. My deluxe set is arriving from amazon.ca on Wednesday, finally.

What I've wanted this whole time is an original print of that black/white uncensored (Craig holding her from behind, with visible nipple/piercing) poster.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I watched the movie on DVD this weekend, and didn't realize certain tracks were actually in the film like "Under The Midnight Sun" and "Please Take Your Hand Away" (during one scene I thought I was hearing an odd mix of both pieces together).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally sitting down to listen to the vinyls after them sitting there for a month awaiting for me to find time to play them. On 'She Reminds Me Of You' atm. These vinyls sound fantastic. Rich and clear.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got it today from Amazon.ca, #654. Mine was in a large box with a lot of paper stuffing, about 1.5' x 2' x 2'. Was really lucky that UPS left it on my back deck, rather than out front. Also very lucky that the package wasn't delivered during some extreme rain we had here the other day!

USB works, listened to 1A but I got hungry. Sounds great so far, will continue listening to the other 11 sides later. Did someone bother creating a table to track numbers/usernames/locations, like when The Slip came out?
    Last edited by blassster; 06-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was one of the people that had a deluxe package that was completely missing a USB flash drive. The last I heard from Topspin (back on June 6th) was that they were going to be reshipped by Null corp... well I still haven't gotten mine. Has anyone else received theirs yet?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I see that you can still pre-order the boxset from nullco.com. Has anyone successfully ordered one? I kinda wish I hadn't cancelled my order now....

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Topspin has real-time inventory, so if you're able to add it to your shopping cart, it's still in stock.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Holy, the Amazon.ca price shot up to $401. Pre-order was initially $297, then changed to $360ish after a bit. They still have a couple in stock... though they're not the best deal up here anymore if any Canadians here were thinking of pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by blassster; 07-05-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I bought my boxes for the vinyls
    My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...
    After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    First confirmed news (as far as I'm aware) re the sequel. No mention of whether Trent and Atticus are involved at this stage. Pleased for confirmation that it's defo in the works though, although it did seem to be the case from the Blu Ray extras on TGWTDT.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/th...delayed/281557

The sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will not be released in cinemas in 2013 as originally planned.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the script for the follow-up, titled The Girl Who Played With Fire, is still a work in progress and production cannot move forward until it is finished. The sequel is being written by Steven Zaillian, who also scripted The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Released in 2011, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo starred Daniel Craig as journalist Mikael Blomqvist and Rooney Mara as computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, characters made famous in the crime novel of the same name by Swedish author Stieg Larsson. The US adaptation was directed by The Social Network's David Fincher and grossed $232 million worldwide (£146 million), which makers MGM later described as a "modest loss".

However, a source close to the production is said to have told Entertainment Weekly that the sequel is "still definitely moving forward", though the film's makers "are not in a rush". Both Craig and Mara are locked in for the sequel. Fincher has yet to sign up as director, but he remains MGM's first choice.

Larsson's trilogy of 'Millennium series' novels featuring Blomqvist and Salander have now sold more than 65 million copies worldwide. Each of the three novels - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest - has already been made into a Swedish-language film starring Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tangentially: the pilot to CBS' Elementary leaked the other day. I doubt it's the final version to air, but in the leak they're temping in TGWTDT tracks for most of the soundtrack, during the crime scenes in particular (I know the first one was Pinned and Mounted, but didn't keep track after that). Cute.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Drunk and listening to "What if we could?" Good times. . .

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dumb question but why order the deluxe on Amazon since it is still available on nullco.com/GDT ??

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Dumb question but why order the deluxe on Amazon since it is still available on nullco.com/GDT ??
    Because some people prefer buying from amazon, or may only be able to buy off of amazon, or may just not know nullco even exists.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I know I'll often make the choice to buy something expensive from Amazon because their return policy is pretty kickass.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It might also avoid huge international shipping charges

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It might also avoid huge international shipping charges
    nullco is sending from uk too to europe

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    5/25/12
    I bought my boxes for the vinyls
    My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...
    7/24/12
    After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"
    My waiting succeeded.
    Look what the postman brought this morning. Even a low numbered version.
    I thought I only would get a set of new vinyls...
    FYI, it's from the UK order I did.
    After all, good service.

vvv NO vvv
    Last edited by witte; 10-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.