Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    To be completely honest, I would absolutely be ok if TR pretty much did ONLY soundtrack work from here on out, with an occasional HTDA record here or there. I'm way down for more NIN obviously but this seems like a natural progression to me,

I think it's incredibly exciting to think about him branching out to work with directors other than Fincher. Tom Tykwer, Gregg Araki, Terry Gilliam, Rian Johnson, Duncan Jones, Aronofsky, J.J Abrams, Quentin Tarantino or even Christopher Nolan are all mindblowing possibilities that would challege TR to go reach new levels of sonic awesomeness. Nevermind thinking about possible colabs with other composers such as Zimmer or even former colleague Clint Mansell, similar to how Zimmer and Howard worked on the TDK soundtrack, etc.

As much as I loved their work on The Social Network score, I thought it was a part of the film that served to make it better and consequently loved the film much more than the score. Nothing against the TGWTD film, but I think long term I'll find I reserve much more respect for this score than its film in this case (there was so much great work not even featured in the film in this case).

So ultimately for me, imagining how TR and AR could grow working with someone else other than Fincher is extremely exciting. Nothing against Fincher though, in fact, if they do end up doing the whole trilogy, I would be super stoked to hear their score for Hornet's Nest, as the nature of that film would lend itself to the exact type of thing TR and Atticus are great at (if you've heard the score for the Swedish version of HN you will likely understand what I mean in terms of its heavy use of glitch and drone).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

getting ready for another oscar?

TR interview in The Hollywood Reporter
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...fincher-273062

upd: oh man, here's heroin mention again. you.. journalists.

HELL YEAH!
    VVVVVVVV
    Last edited by acidpolly; 12-15-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Original Score

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Worth noting that the only other nomination is Rooney Mara for Best Actress.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Yeah, just saw it on the web. Great news...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Just screamed "FUCK YEAH" at work, and got some looks. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Just screamed "FUCK YEAH" at work, and got some looks. . .
    I came pretty close to this, and I work at a bank!
    But I was practically floating on a cloud. I feel so proud of both of them. So deserved!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent news, indeed! It would so very very cool if he could snag back to back oscars, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Best Original Score - Motion Picture

Ludovic Bource - The Artist

Abel Korzeniowski - W.E.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Howard Shore - Hugo

John Williams - War Horse

So how's the competition looking? Anyone listen to any of these other scores?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My guess is that T&A would win because the Globes are all about starfucking (no pun intended), and they still have the glow from winning the Oscar for ​TSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Over at Dots & Dashes, I reviewed the soundtrack as the resident NIN-obsessive. I'd love it if you guys could read my review and tell me what you think?

http://www.dotsanddashes.co.uk/2011/...nt-reznor.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! Them getting the award is a no-brainer. Though the other scores are great in their own fashion, Trent and Atticus bring something different to the plate each time. It doesn't consist of an orchestra playing bullshit showtunes. T+A's music defines an emotion whether it be dark and brooding, wondrous, or exciting. I give good luck to all the nominees, but I'm rooting for Trent and Atticus; not because I'm a fanboy or anything, but because the soundtrack is memorable and defines the vibe of the story.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Awesome for the Globes nomination and more recognition! I don't expect back-to-back years of winning everything, but one can hope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just went out into the garden to smoke a cigarette as One Particular Moment came on my headphones, and it just started snowing. Just as the synth kicked in about halfway through it started snowing really hard. Cool moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't even finished listening to it all the way through (just finished tracks 1-13) and all I can say is wow.. love it. Standout tracks so far to me.. "A Thousand Details" and "Please Take Your Hand Away". Diving into the "2nd Act" now!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Best Original Score - Motion Picture

Abel Korzeniowski - W.E.

Howard Shore - Hugo

So how's the competition looking? Anyone listen to any of these other scores?

Hugo is the only one I've listened to and watched and it was really beautiful. I'm waiting to see TGWTDT before listening to the soundtrack.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The only one that could easily take the award is John Williams, simply because he's John Williams.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post

Abel Korzeniowski - W.E.

Howard Shore - Hugo

Hugo is the only one I've listened to and watched and it was really beautiful. I'm waiting to see TGWTDT before listening to the soundtrack.
    I've not listened to the first two scores/know nothing about them. I have however watched and heard Howard Shore's score for Hugo. I thought it was a great score for a great film, but nothing awards-worthy. And then i took a run-through of what John Williams did for War Horse, and thought it was a rather well-built yet slightly boring/usual orchestrated score. I just hope there isn't any biased bullshit about not wanting to give somebody an award twice in a row. You never know.

I do feel like there's much more breathing space this time. Remember who they were going against last year (Danny Elfman/Hans Zimmer/Alexandre Desplat)? And you could have EASILY argued a win for either of the three nominees. Well...easily if not for Rossnor.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 12-15-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    John Williams hasn't done an original score in 17 years, why does he still get nominated? smh

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And who is this Abel Korzeniowski? Why did he get nominated over someone like Alexandre Desplat or Cliff Martinez? Who did Madonna have to suck just to get this guy a nod and herself one over the Muppets? What an aging bitch!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And who is this Abel Korzeniowski? Why did he get nominated over someone like Alexandre Desplat or Cliff Martinez? Who did Madonna have to suck just to get this guy a nod and herself one over the Muppets? What an aging bitch!
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0466851/
    His score is actually pretty good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome suit but all of those photos a a little... 'posey'? (is that a word?)

Awesome new on the GG nomination!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, congrats on the nom!

I also just learned how to play "Parallel Timeline With Alternate Outcome" in honor of Christopher Hitchens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Awesome suit but all of those photos a a little... 'posey'? (is that a word?)

Awesome new on the GG nomination!

I'm sure if he had a choice between spending time with his family, working in the studio, or meeting with the press to pimp his work, the press would stay at the absolute bottom of the list. But he's doing his part to promote his work and the movie, and that may include the occasional goofy photo. It's part of the biz, unfortunately.

I guess what I'm saying is, he's probably about as excited with how that photo came out as you were.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    is anyone going to scan taht Hollywood Repoter article or is it an online magazine only? would be highly apprecaited I guess.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I finally got around to listening all 39 tracks. Good stuff overall to be sure. About three quarters of what I heard I would consider background music, meaning I don't think I'll be actively re-listening those tracks, except if I'm commuting, working etc. The rest range from very good to great and I look forward to seeing how some of them will be incorporated in the film. The track that so far stands out the most to me is Great Bird of Prey. It's all kinds of kickass! Hypomania is also one of my favourites.

Sidenote: Trent's voice in Is Your Love Strong Enough reminds me of Peter Gabriel for some reason.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 12-16-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    is anyone going to scan taht Hollywood Repoter article or is it an online magazine only? would be highly apprecaited I guess.
    When I looked the other day, they had an option of ordering back issues, but since the one with him on the cover is the most recent, it's not available yet (or wasn't as of a day or two ago).

I might order a copy if they don't sell out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    based on how many times the Immigrant Song video switched positions on the Pitchfork home page (including becoming a top story during the weekend, and then back and forth), i really wonder how much influence the studios have on them. this isn't just ads playing in ad space, it's deliberate promotion of the scale i haven't witnessed on that site.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Trailers are everywhere on YouTube.