Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    (Can't all of you just PM the person who brought it up, instead of asking for PMs? Or quoting images? Just a thought.)

The video was super fucking creepy. Pitchfork implied that it might be the opening titles of the movie? If so, it might be Fincher's best since Seven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone can pick up two extra tickets for the SF screening let me know! I can't take the five hours out of my day since it's the weekend before finals. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, the video ist great!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    apologies if this has been asked before, ive just ordered the CD and selected MAM Rate shipping to the UK. Wtf is MAM Rate?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    (Can't all of you just PM the person who brought it up, instead of asking for PMs? Or quoting images? Just a thought.)
    Yep. No more requests for PM's. Use your PM box and figure out who has it that way because it's cluttering the thread. I'll be cleaning up the messages for those later. Thanks!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    apologies if this has been asked before, ive just ordered the CD and selected MAM Rate shipping to the UK. Wtf is MAM Rate?
    https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the info, ive downloaded the mp3 and track 3 (im assuming its track 3) is labelled as track 2 with different artwork and different tags. anyone else notice this?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    From TR himself:

"Regarding that "for your consideration" sampler you've gotten your hands on. Those are made for various award groups that require having only original music composed specifically for and used in the film put on a disc. There's nothing in there you don't have longer and more listenable versions of with the official release. The titles refer to the cue lists that the editors, director and everyone else uses to refer to scenes."

So all those who are expecting something different from that, you're in for more of the same just shorter edits and less content.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get an Adam Jones vibe (visually, not aurally) from the Immigrant Song music video?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm having trouble seeing the Immigrant Song video (and yes, my Flash player appears to be up-to-date). Is anyone able to rip to Youtube or something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1. congrats ETS team and a huge THANK YOU for bringing back the community i was never a 'prominent' member but always felt ETS was a little home away from other dwellings :P

2. that music video is the best i've seen from these guys since Broken era. such a great cover of that song too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm holding off on watching the "Immigrant Song" video for now. If it's actually the opening title for the movie, I'm doing myself a great disservice watching it like this.

It's bad enough I'm listening to the soundtrack beforehand but then again I held off listening to "The Social Network" soundtrack before watching the movie and amazingly it didn't really make much of a difference.

This soundtrack is definitely better than "The Social Network" soundtrack, not to say "TSN" isn't good because it's great but this is just so much more uhhh engaging. Perfect music to listen to while I read the comics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am really looking forward to this movie. I have stayed in the dark on the story for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I haven't read the book or seen the original movie and I have kept away from interviews about the movie. The only thing I know is that the soundtrack is great and I am a fan of Fincher's movies, so this should be great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    I am really looking forward to this movie. I have stayed in the dark on the story for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I haven't read the book or seen the original movie and I have kept away from interviews about the movie. The only thing I know is that the soundtrack is great and I am a fan of Fincher's movies, so this should be great.
    Same here. I had a chance to watch the original last night, and although pretty tempted said no. I've come this far! Looking forward to seeing this, then maybe check out the Swedish trilogy
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 12-10-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: dun spelt ma wurds rong

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So are any of the website audio streams that I have as mp3 worth keeping?

Or have they all been determined to be tracks from the official release?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So are any of the website audio streams that I have as mp3 worth keeping?

Or have they all been determined to be tracks from the official release?
    I'd have to go through it all, which is over 2 gigs at this point....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Think I'll just wait in that case, lol.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Think I'll just wait in that case, lol.
    yessir, your patience might pay off in this case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    I haven't seen the Swedish movie or read any of the books...and purposely kept it that way despite how tempting it has been to DL them both. I want to go into it with only what I know from the previews that are kinda hard to miss these days if you turn on the TV. I've read a couple of articles/interviews that have been enough to make me want more.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not that it really matters, because the music is incredible, but I don't really care for the album cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    9 times out of 10, the simplicity route is always a winner and this is a perfect example. I love the album cover.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Blooms View Post
    9 times out of 10, the simplicity route is always a winner and this is a perfect example. I love the album cover.
    I think it's the grey and white that does it in for me, for some reason. I like the sampler cover much more.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not that it really matters, because the music is incredible, but I don't really care for the album cover.
    I like the symmetry (or asymmetry) of how it looks beside The Social Network cover.

After the second full listen, it's definitely grown on me. (I liked it to begin with, but you know what I mean.) Looking at the album as three different 13-song acts definitely helps create a proper flow, I think. Trying to just take it in as one piece would be overwhelming, but the three act structure feels right with each disc sorta getting its own climax. Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've never had all 3 programs not work and I'm afraid to use anything else because of transcoding
    I usually use http://www.keepvid.com for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    I usually use http://www.keepvid.com for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?
    jaksta, getflv, and a custom command-line used to demux the .flv, i changed it around to just grab the .flv as a whole

Edit: the command-line uses VLC if it helps anyone figure this out. i'm not sure if it's my computer or what but all of the .flv's i save have a slight pause between 0:01-0:02 of the video
    Last edited by Jon; 12-11-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After a few listens through the soundtrack I believe With The Flies is my favorite track. It reminds me a lot of Quake and I love the way the piano is distorted at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I think it's the grey and white that does it in for me, for some reason. I like the sampler cover much more.
    Okay, I see what you're talking about now although the color scheme stills works for me. The sampler version with black being the overall color scheme is also great but the gray and white makes it unique, just outlining her.

The music in the 8 minute trailer is what excited me the most so when it got to "A Thousand Details", I freaked. Kick ass track.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Here is my results when i try to save the .flv... notice the pause at the beginning of the video?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    To the people who bought the deluxe version. Did you get charged right away? Or are they going to charge you when it gets mailed. Thanks = )