Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ...and now Marco Rubio is calling on Barr to resign.
    Along with a few others. And rightfully so.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For the legal experts following along, what are the chances that Barr would actually be prosecuted by the District of Columbia if the full house votes for being in Contempt? I ask because I don't personally know the district's past track record on this kind of thing. So what are the chances of anything really changing, and can the case then go to the Supreme Court if Contempt prosecution succeeds?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    For the legal experts following along, what are the chances that Barr would actually be prosecuted by the District of Columbia if the full house votes for being in Contempt? I ask because I don't personally know the district's past track record on this kind of thing. So what are the chances of anything really changing, and can the case then go to the Supreme Court if Contempt prosecution succeeds?
    It's unprecedented specifically I believe, and in general has only happened one time before.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    The legal experts on MSNBC have been saying there is very little teeth in contempt of Congress, and it would take YEARS before it ever got to to an actual hearing of substance. Calling for (demanding?) his resignation en masse would probably be more successful.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    The legal experts on MSNBC have been saying there is very little teeth in contempt of Congress, and it would take YEARS before it ever got to to an actual hearing of substance. Calling for (demanding?) his resignation en masse would probably be more successful.
    That's pretty much what i had assumed, but, i suppose they have to go through the motions at the very least.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    seems as though Barr has already dug in his heels here though, and I'm sure he realizes this is the final chapter as far as his "legacy" goes. So sure, everyone can call for him to resign, but who's going to force him to?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good question. He is making everyone who thought he’d be a decent straight-shooting jurist (including myself) regret it. He’s now acting like he’s Trump’s personal attorney. He’s not. He’s the COUNTRY’S Attorney General.

His calling Mueller’s letter “snitty” is awful, very unprofessional. He’s been friends with Mueller for years, but kept (disrespectfully) referring to him as “Bob.” Robert Mueller has a PURPLE HEART and a BRONZE STAR. It’s “Robert” when you’re in an official capacity, please.

At the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, some newb Senators kept calling him “General.” He’s not a GENERAL! He’s ATTORNEY GENERAL.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-08-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ends up the circulating video footage of Marco Rubio saying he thinks the AG should resign is from 2012 and he’s talking about Eric Holder.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...orney-general/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    " 'Shoot Them!' Trump laughs off a supporter's demand for violence against migrants"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a45579857daf

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    " 'Shoot Them!' Trump laughs off a supporter's demand for violence against migrants"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a45579857daf
    “Very fine” and “good Christian” people calling for the death of brown people.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ends up the circulating video footage of Marco Rubio saying he thinks the AG should resign is from 2012 and he’s talking about Eric Holder.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...orney-general/
    I feel like I got pranked by an amazing magic trick that skewered my memory.

this just reminds me of how I felt watching that contempt hearing, with all the republicans screaming about how this was all partisan and politically motivated... fuck you guys, like your desperate defense for the man isn’t partisan

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I feel like I got pranked by an amazing magic trick that skewered my memory.

this just reminds me of how I felt watching that contempt hearing, with all the republicans screaming about how this was all partisan and politically motivated... fuck you guys, like your desperate defense for the man isn’t partisan
    If it makes you feel any better, I thought you were actually posting about Rubio in a tongue-in-cheek manner - acknowledging the old call and inferring that he must also want the same for Barr. But yeah, time has lost all meaning and I can never remember what's happened a week ago or a year ago...or at all, half the time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I love how they had to specify that it wasn't a threat - it was a polite, professional request.

I can agree with the first part of that. But there's nothing polite or professional about asking your former counsel to stand in front of the nation and lie about the president's criminal background.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I found a new way to make Russian trolls shut the fuck up and stop blathering nonsense into your feed! Just say “I’m voting for the democrat I don’t care if it’s Charles fucking Manson’s reanimated corpse” and they move on.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I found a new way to make Russian trolls shut the fuck up and stop blathering nonsense into your feed! Just say “I’m voting for the democrat I don’t care if it’s Charles fucking Manson’s reanimated corpse” and they move on.
    Haaaaahahahahaaa!!!

A bunch of us women found a way to shut up Republican Pro-Life dudes on Twitter:

We cite that all unplanned pregnancies are the fault of men. Females can only get pregnant about 2 days per month. Males can impregnate females 365 days per year, from puberty until their dick stops working. Males can buy condoms for cheap but often won’t use them because it depletes their pleasure, opting to trade seconds of pleasure for a female getting pregnant and having to choose between abortion and 9 months of pregnancy. Then the guy may not support the child.

The solution? If a male impregnates a female, causes an unplanned pregnancy, he is arrested, prosecuted, castrated and fined. Further, if a deadbeat dad refuses to support his children, he shall be arrested, and sterilized.

Shuts them up.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    If a male impregnates a female, causes an unplanned pregnancy, he is arrested, prosecuted, castrated and fined. Further, if a deadbeat dad refuses to support his children, he shall be arrested, and sterilized.
    Ah yes. The legally blond argument works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This 1990 article is.......yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...099#post456099

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    This 1990 article is.......yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...099#post456099
    https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/...-marie-brenner

September 1, 1990

It was spring, four years ago. Donald and Ivana Trump were seated at opposite ends of their long Sheraton table in Mrs. Marjorie Merriweather Post’s former dining room. They were posed in imperial style, as if they were a king and queen. They were at the height of their ride, and it was plenty glorious. Trump was seen on the news shows offering his services to negotiate with the Russians. There was talk that he might make a run for president. Ivana had had so much publicity that she now offered interviewers a press kit of flattering clips. Anything seemed possible, the Trumps had grown to such stature in the golden city of New York.
    Yeah, this whole article, WHOA, it’s a classic.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    How close was Florida in 2016 again?

https://splinternews.com/russians-ha...-do-1834768393

I know that the politician briefed says that the FBI says that vote counts were not altered, but we've heard that one before.....

EDIT: Looks like 1-2 counties is enough to flip that state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...ion_in_Florida

29 electoral college votes changing sides isn't enough to flip it on its own though, but this is only whats been confirmed.

I swear, I honestly do not believe that he wont he election legitimately. The polling numbers they way they were leading up to the election he had no chance. I honestly do not think he had the votes to win this thing.
    Last edited by M1ke; 05-15-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I mean, he lost by three million votes. He didn't have the votes to win if it was actually decided by the number of ballots cast.

But yeah, I get your point. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    From wikipedia, citing WaPo and the Senate Intellegency Committee:

In May 2018, the Senate Intelligence Committee released its interim report on election security.[154] The committee concluded, on a bipartisan basis, that the response of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Russian government-sponsored efforts to undermine confidence in the U.S. voting process was "inadequate". The committee reported that the Russian government was able to penetrate election systems in at least 18, and possibly up to 21, states, and that in a smaller subset of states, infiltrators "could have altered or deleted voter registration data," although they lacked the ability to manipulate individual votes or vote tallies. The committee wrote that the infiltrators' failure to exploit vulnerabilities in election systems could have been because they "decided against taking action" or because "they were merely gathering information and testing capabilities for a future attack".[154]To prevent future infiltrations, the committee made a number of recommendations, including that "at a minimum, any machine purchased going forward should have a voter-verified paper trail and no WiFi capability".[154][155]

I don't think he won, and I'm not just saying the popular vote. I'm saying that I think that at least some of the 18-21 states that were penetrated had their vote counts altered by Russian hackers, and that without that he lost the college too.

Any decent federal intelligence agency would know that kind of information was dangerous though, and it would never be made public, even if they had undeniable proof. Can you imagine if that were made public? There would be riots.

His polling numbers, the fact that MAGA chuds still talk about needing safe spaces to admit they like him, there's no way that enough Americans actually voted for him to take the college if these things are real, and they are.

He lost. He knows it. Obama suspected it. Some high level officials at different intelligence agencies know it. And the public will not have that information available for a few decades when it's finally safe to declassify.

I honestly believe that it doesn't matter who you run against him in 2020, what will determine the election is how secure the voting systems are. If they're secure, a democrat wins 2020, if they're not it's Trump part 2.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    From wikipedia, citing WaPo and the Senate Intellegency Committee:

I don't think he won, and I'm not just saying the popular vote. I'm saying that I think that at least some of the 18-21 states that were penetrated had their vote counts altered by Russian hackers, and that without that he lost the college too.

Any decent federal intelligence agency would know that kind of information was dangerous though, and it would never be made public, even if they had undeniable proof. Can you imagine if that were made public? There would be riots.

His polling numbers, the fact that MAGA chuds still talk about needing safe spaces to admit they like him, there's no way that enough Americans actually voted for him to take the college if these things are real, and they are.

He lost. He knows it. Obama suspected it. Some high level officials at different intelligence agencies know it. And the public will not have that information available for a few decades when it's finally safe to declassify.

I honestly believe that it doesn't matter who you run against him in 2020, what will determine the election is how secure the voting systems are. If they're secure, a democrat wins 2020, if they're not it's Trump part 2.[/SUP]
    I mean...are the polling numbers that unbelievable though? He's such a horrible person that I bet people were unwilling to tell anybody - including pollsters - that they were voting for him.

Curious to know what sort of sources there are on who believes the election was actually hacked. Not as in "propaganda got people to vote differently", but as in results literally manipulated by a third party to tip the scales. Not saying it did or didn't happen. This is just one hell of a claim, and if there are trustworthy / credible sources to back it up, I'd be interested in reading more about it.

(And I agree with your assertion that, if true, the info would not be released anyway due to the ensuing chaos)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I mean...are the polling numbers that unbelievable though? He's such a horrible person that I bet people were unwilling to tell anybody - including pollsters - that they were voting for him.

Curious to know what sort of sources there are on who believes the election was actually hacked. Not as in "propaganda got people to vote differently", but as in results literally manipulated by a third party to tip the scales. Not saying it did or didn't happen. This is just one hell of a claim, and if there are trustworthy / credible sources to back it up, I'd be interested in reading more about it.

(And I agree with your assertion that, if true, the info would not be released anyway due to the ensuing chaos)
    I've got no sources, I just find it unbelievable that the Russians would have been able to manipulate voter registration lists, but not the vote tallies.

Maybe we didn't find evidence because they covered their tracks, or maybe we found evidence but can't say it because it's inconclusive, or maybe we have proof and we can't say because it's dangerous.

To me, those seem more likely than the possibility that they could have altered voter registrations lists, but chose not to for some unknown reason and also didn't have the ability to tip the scales.

One of these just seems more believable than the other to me. I still remember watching election night in complete and total shock, not being able to believe what I was seeing on TV. It's still like a bad dream or something, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So now Trump is ORDERING McGahn not to testify tomorrow...

Is it possible for this to go down in a way that looks less guilty?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So now Trump is ORDERING McGahn not to testify tomorrow...

Is it possible for this to go down in a way that looks less guilty?
    It’s like Trump is claiming Executive privilege except McGahn doesn’t work there, anymore, and I don’t know that attorney client privilege is applicable because McGahn’s client is the White House, not Trump. Now there is talk of Federal Marshalls being sent to bring McGahn in if he doesn’t show up but I don’t even know if this is possible.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You guys ready for this fucking moron to lead us into war with IRAN, who could conceivably be backed by China, Russia, and NK?

I've been terrified of war with Iran for decades.

And, they aren't giving up their nuclear program. They don't give a fuck, and they hate us SO much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    God damned Bolton hates Iran. And the Republicans are saying they’re getting “Intel” about Iran that I don’t believe.