Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [We don't like] Death Grips

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Trent bought into it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is it just me or is everything related to this band as far as live performances go a massive, useless shitstorm?

I never liked this group. I liked one song due to the beats (The Fever) but overall felt this group was extremely overrated. I'm not surprised by this declaration of resignation. Joke really.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Naw dude, not fucktards. Death Grips was never a "Band" but rather an art instillation. Their ability to cancel shows, I feel, was genuinely PART of the music. It was PART of that band's image. They just didn't give a fuck. Live shows are about promotion, they didn't give a shit. Death Grips was my #1 band I wanted to see at Pitchfork, but I can't help but smile over the cancelation. What's a more Death Grips way of performing at Pitchfork at 3 in the afternoon than to just not play.
    I suppose you wouldn't mind if they shit in your mouth either just as long as they called it art? Come on man, no matter how hard you try and excuse this it is not art to cancel shows. It might be "art" but certainly not true ART! By your logic Axl Rose isn't an asshole either! I love GNR too but musicians who disrespect their fans suck!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Don't get the wrong idea. I wasn't defending what these guys did. It was a dickish move and as a huge fan of both DG and NIN, I'm beyond bummed out. I'm just going through those mourning phases.

Why now, guys?

Why now
    Last edited by nobies; 07-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    LOLOLOLOLllll

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This is what Isis did and it pissed me off.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Dudes always seemed to have trouble handling upgrades in exposure, they just never cop to this weakness until after they commit. Maybe it was edgy a few years ago, but at this stage in their career it's foolish and wasting the time of literally anyone who has anything to do with them - whether you're buying their albums or booking their shows.

I tried multiple times to find something in their music I could latch on to, and concluded that if I were hitting any shows on this tour, I had no reason to get there early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerLondon Skywave View Post

Big Black did this too many years ago, just when Songs about Fucking was about to come out they split after just 3 years. no one understood why.
    Big Black didn't break up because they thought that they were too good tho, they broke up because they all got jobs and they couldn't get time off to tour for what little money they made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ...and I don't even know why I bothered to wander into this thread after taking a hiatus from ETS for God knows how long.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    ...and I don't even know why I bothered to wander into this thread after taking a hiatus from ETS for God knows how long.
    You might want to get that checked out, because you're also posting in threads without actually contributing to them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Look how much I don't care. I was too broke for a napkin so I made use of USED TP!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    that's way gross.

fuck this "band."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post

Look how much I don't care. I was too broke for a napkin so I made use of USED TP!
    Yawn. Nice shit, bro.
    Last edited by nobies; 07-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Irony...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury View Post
    I'm going to assume richardp's post is sarcastic because no real human being would say that and mean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    That was seriously the worst post I've ever read on ETS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You might want to get that checked out, because you're also posting in threads without actually contributing to them
    flying grey poop

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Bale is so fuckin' noided.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The least they could do if they had any real sense of appreciation or respect for fans would be to ride out the tour, give it a farewell type effort, and then hang it up; signing onto a tour with two other major bands and allowing fans to buy tickets, only to back out mere weeks before the tour simply on the basis of, "Man, we're just TOO great!," is amazingly selfish and childish. Are they offering any type of refund deal for people who were buying just for DG? As far as I know they aren't, which just lifts it up to a whole other level of shit.

I was really getting into them recently, too, and now I'm just incredibly glad I didn't throw any money at them aside from concert tickets that they'll now probably get nothing from. I'm honestly quite surprised that there are quite a few people who all seem to view this as "cool" or "art," because if being a douchebag is art then there are a whole lot of artists in the world.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The least they could do if they had any real sense of appreciation or respect for fans would be to ride out the tour, give it a farewell type effort, and then hang it up; signing onto a tour with two other major bands and allowing fans to buy tickets, only to back out mere weeks before the tour simply on the basis of, "Man, we're just TOO great!," is amazingly selfish and childish. Are they offering any type of refund deal for people who were buying just for DG? As far as I know they aren't, which just lifts it up to a whole other level of shit.

I was really getting into them recently, too, and now I'm just incredibly glad I didn't throw any money at them aside from concert tickets that they'll now probably get nothing from. I'm honestly quite surprised that there are quite a few people who all seem to view this as "cool" or "art," because if being a douchebag is art then there are a whole lot of artists in the world.
    Seriously though, given their history which their fans would know, anyone who paid $100 JUST for Death Grips in that amphitheatre setting surely is too stupid to be a fan of theirs and I would have thought that DG fans would pride themselves on their intelligence. Reading fan reaction on twitter over death grips, there's a lot of superiority complexes going on

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Maybe we'll just get lucky and NIN/SG will just have longer sets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    'The Money Store' is one of the best LPs of the 2000's but it doesn't excuse their shit attitude about the shows.
    2010s, you mean?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Maybe we'll just get lucky and NIN/SG will just have longer sets
    99.999999% chance this will not be the case.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    99.999999% chance this will not be the case.
    Uhhhhhh, that probably depends on the venue actually, and whether or not they have a curfew.

I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl show (no brainer since it's practically a two minute walk from my apartment), and to be honest I'm hoping they don't nab a new opener. When I saw Nick Cave play there, he had Cat Power and Spiritualized open. Despite the fact that both openers had relatively quick sets, Nick Cave only managed to squeeze in about 45 minutes before he had to shut off for the curfew.

Considering that Soundgarden and NIN are basically co-headlining this thing, no opening act would actually probably allow them both to put in longer sets, at least at the Hollywood Bowl.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Uhhhhhh, that probably depends on the venue actually, and whether or not they have a curfew.

I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl show (no brainer since it's practically a two minute walk from my apartment), and to be honest I'm hoping they don't nab a new opener. When I saw Nick Cave play there, he had Cat Power and Spiritualized open. Despite the fact that both openers had relatively quick sets, Nick Cave only managed to squeeze in about 45 minutes before he had to shut off for the curfew.

Considering that Soundgarden and NIN are basically co-headlining this thing, no opening act would actually probably allow them both to put in longer sets, at least at the Hollywood Bowl.
    Do they let you bring in your own alcohol to the Hollywood Bowl? Or did they ever do that?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Do they let you bring in your own alcohol to the Hollywood Bowl? Or did they ever do that?
    Depends on the show... for classical and jazz they are cool with it. For this? Probably not.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    If anyone's wanting to snatch up some Death Grips LPs before they are LONG out of print and the price gouging starts:

No Love Deep Web:
    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/deat...-records.shtml
    Dude, that's a way cheap price. I think I paid somewhere around $35 for my copy and I went looking for it everywhere because it sold like hot cakes right when it was released. I am proud to say that I have both NLDW on cd and vinyl. @thefragile_jake Jump on that shit before you can't find it anywhere.
    I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl show
    I'll be there too. I should park at your place! lol

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I should park at your place! lol
    bbq pre-party?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    bbq pre-party?
    I'm so down!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by Aladdinsanity; 07-10-2014 at 02:29 PM.