Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that fake ass setlist has absolutely no flow whatsoever of a normal manson show. *shrug*

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So...we've ALREADY established that the setlist came from VERY close to the band.

Probably someone soon-to-be-if-not-already formerly associated with the new tour.

And it's NOT a normal Manson show, like he's said it wouldn't be, so that just speaks to its authenticity.

Furthermore, its flow is overall fairly similar to past shows, huge-shocker of an opener notwithstanding.

The instrumental cover of "Antichrist Superstar" has been introductory music at the start of shows before, just the same as they've also performed the song as the first song of encore sets before. This is just a variation on those themes.

"Disposable Teens" has been a second song in the set before, particularly recently.

"The Love Song" has generally come early in sets after the GGG tours.

Same goes for "Little Horn" since it's reappeared.

"The Dope Show" and "Rock is Dead" have almost ALWAYS been paired together like that.

"Sweet Dreams..." generally comes towards the end of the main set.

"1996" has frequently ended the main set in near utter chaos...probably what that "If needed" is alluding to, lol.

"Angel with the Scabbed Wings" opened the entire tour during the only tour it was played, starting the encore sets with it is simply a variation on that theme.

And "The Beautiful People" almost always ends their shows these days.

So.

I'm sorry...you were saying?

:P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We were saying he's going to spend 2/3 of the show crouching and out of breath and will probably still sound like ass live.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Anyone who can back up the reasoning behind each place a song falls on a Manson setlist in great detail has waaaaaay too much free time on their hands!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I wish!

Just a good memory, decent typing skills, and not even five minutes to think about it and write it out, thanks.

:)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Strange that there's nothing from THEOL. Though that album didn't translate that well live anyhow.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hey! A person close to Trent just a leaked a setlist for one-off secret NIN show to be played in early march! Here is it:

pinion
    wish
    terrible lie
    discipline
    march of the pigs
    closer
    burn
    gave up
    something i can never have
    reptile
    suck
    survivalism
    dead souls
    the head that feeds
    head like a hole
    -encore-
    immigrant song (with mq)
    is your love strong enough (with mq)
    hurt

They've been using similar setlist structure for ages and I swear the person who leaked it is as close to trent as anyone could possibly get. Pretty sure it's legit!
    Last edited by fillow; 02-23-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Riiiiiight.

Let me make this easy:

Photo is plausible, but no one here can say yes or no.

Going by previous photos, it clearly comes from a source who would have access to a setlist like this. And in the touring world, yes, setlists exist before the concerts actually happen. That said, while it certainly could be authentic, it could just as easily be someone in the Manson camp with a sense of humor who decided to print out a fake setlist just to get people all hot and bothered.

So there you have it, fellas. The setlist is definitely real, maybe.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    We were saying he's going to spend 2/3 of the show crouching and out of breath
    Where's that on the setlist?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn the trolls are out on force.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I don't think it's trolling. The guy used to be amazing and now he's the epitome, in my opinion, of washed up. The thing that gets me is he managed to bring along the majority of his fanbase for the ride down the hill and they can't get enough. He could release a new song called 'This is A Turd, and You're Retarded For Liking It' and within hours you'll have essays on forums of how it's 'art' and 'people just don't get it'. Maybe the guy's a genius after all if he knew this would happen the entire time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm excited for Born Villian, I hope it does pretty well. Other than that, it's pretty funny watching all of you arguing over stupid stuff.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripe(withdecay) View Post
    I'm excited for Born Villian
    I find that funny too!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    There's a difference between straight up trolling and having an opinion on an artist who has just hit rock bottom. Rose and Manson are perfect examples. I'm sure a good 80% of people here love(d) Manson at one time in their life, but it is quite funny to see people still obsessing an hanging on every word for an artist who hasn't done anything good in 14 years (12 if you were one of the people not disappointed in Holy Wood, but that's where I draw the line). How does anything in anyone's personal life have anything to do with jealousy over Manson? It's not like I'm craving pork pockets and entering a sham marriage (or two, or a sham relationship) unlike some people who are still making albums and wearing silly makeup.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Get some thick skin man. It's not like he's just made one bad album, he's made at least three of them that were bad, he's a lousy live performer, and stays in the new by being ridiculous with bad music, questionable relationships, and even more questionable business decisions. Again, this is why it's a message board, so people can voice their opinions ( like you "imo", seriously dude just spell it out). Like the opinion of him peaking in 1998 or the numerous lineup changes to keep his music mainstream and getting rid of most of his artistic integrity. Dude, I like plenty of bands that are washed up, but come on you're taking this personally. Oh well, to each their own right? Man, fuck it. I can't wait to see Phantasmagoria though. I think it's released on the same day as Chinese Democracy 2.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    NEWSFLASH: If you get defensive when people mention TROLLS and assume they're talking about YOU...

THEN YOU ARE A FUCKING TROLL.

Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-28-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Gah, that's too big. RE:EDIT: It was as big as the OPTIONS allow, and DON'T edit my shit by BUTCHERING it, thanks. -_-

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All bickering from both ends in this thread...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh, we get it...you like to use big fonts.

In other news, I actually kinda dug Holy Wood. Sure it had its beyond shitty lyrics here and there, along with shit songs like Disposable Teens but I dug the themes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy Wood is great. Only down side is it's the beginning of Manson's "let's just keep repeating the lyrics over and over" phase.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Coma Black > Coma White

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    NEWSFLASH:

HAZEKIAH, YOU ARE A FUCKING TROLL.
    Fixed.

As for Holy Wood. It's okay. I don't know I'm in the camp that thinks Mechanical Animals was his best work. Up until "President Dead" I think it falls apart. To me it's just a bunch of bitching and complaining at the media...yada yada yada. Lyrically it's a turning point for him becoming the joke that he is now.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 02-23-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Haha, okay...sure.

So anyway, if anyone in the Texas area wants to see Manson at the House of Blues in Houston there's a pre-sale on right now and the password is: electronic.

www.livenation.com

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Fixed.

As for Holy Wood. It's okay. I don't know I'm in the camp that thinks Mechanical Animals was his best work. Up until "President Dead" I think it falls apart. To me it's just a bunch of bitching and complaining at the media...yada yada yada. Lyrically it's a turning point for him becoming the joke that he is now.
    I agree with that. The latter half had some moments. But other than that, yeah.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Holy Wood is great. Only down side is it's the beginning of Manson's "let's just keep repeating the lyrics over and over" phase.

^
    HW is amazing when Death Song, Born Again and Burning Flag were dropped from its tracklisting. Perfectly flowed hour of music right there, cuts off all the filler.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I gave holywood a spin the other day for the first time in about 10 years, and It didn't sit with me as well as it did back in the day. There is alot of filler on it.
    this was definatly the begining of a downward spiral in his career. It all began with the firing of John5, everything kind of went downhill after that.

After revisitng HW, the only songs I found I enjoyed were:
    Target Audience
    The Nobodies
    The Death Song
    Born Again
    Coma Black
    The fall Of Adam

The rest I didn't care for. So I guess there's a nice 6 song EP There.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    ^
    HW is amazing when Death Song, Born Again and Burning Flag were dropped from its tracklisting. Perfectly flowed hour of music right there, cuts off all the filler.
    What! Burning Flag's one of my favorites!

@manburning: John 5 wasn't fired until after TGAOG was already out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    apparently manson cancelled all (professional) photography for tonight's gig

obviously he read this board and got defensive about his weight

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Last edited by jezstyle; 02-24-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Last edited by jezstyle; 02-24-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Last edited by jezstyle; 02-24-2012 at 08:56 AM.