Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I can never get IG links to work.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEDATiSl...d=nh338u5terdq
    Last edited by allegro; 12-03-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This has been up since 2009 but only has like 4K views:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the distortion at the end sounds a bit like hyperpower lmao

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tha my would be awesome. Tease the intro to Home then surprise play Hyperpower!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus name drop on Colbert last night:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Yeah, it’s showing up on Chrome News.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, it’s showing up on Chrome News.
    That's where I saw it when I read it last night in bed!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    here's the link for the LP https://amzn.to/3oFRV3d
    I’m waiting for the CD which is supposed to have both scores on it. We do have a record player but just an ancient one my husband had growing up so vinyl is not for me

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m waiting for the CD which is supposed to have both scores on it. We do have a record player but just an ancient one my husband had growing up so vinyl is not for me
    I'm a CD person too, but lately most NIN releases skip it...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    I'm a CD person too, but lately most NIN releases skip it...
    I have actually just ordered this from Norman Records in the UK. It does say it has the TRAR score plus songs inspired by Soul from Jon Batiste - so hopefully it will be! (In the link. the CD description and ordering thing is at the bottom of the page and I was able to pre-order it)

https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

CD £11.99 8747893

CD on Disney. Includes the Original Score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross + Music from and Inspired by Soul by Jon Batistie.

Pre-order. Due in on 18th December 2020 but delays are possible. May arrive after Christmas.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-11-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have actually just ordered this from Norman Records in the UK. It does say it has the TRAR score plus songs inspired by Soul from Jon Batiste - so hopefully it will be! (In the link. the CD description and ordering thing is at the bottom of the page and I was able to pre-order it)

https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

CD £11.99 8747893

CD on Disney. Includes the Original Score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross + Music from and Inspired by Soul by Jon Batistie.
    Pre-order. Due in on 18th December 2020 but delays are possible. May arrive after Christmas.
    Cool, thanks! I'll check their shipping rates for Costa Rica.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And the score may just fit on one CD since the vinyl's appear to be so much cheaper than usual.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's where I saw it when I read it last night in bed!
    Or Google news or whatever TF it’s called

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    it’s funny coz it’s true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ant from Ten Second Songs did a weird cover of Closer

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    5:08 - March of the Pigs CD single on top of the computer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am re watching the X Files from start to finish and in season 3 episode 22, "Quagmire", there is a van that is covered in band stickers including 3 or 4 NIN stickers. Not a 2020 spotting but I got excited anyways. I forgot how much I love this show, and the 90's.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A Netflix special on the Mank score showing some of the players recording it. (I couldn’t find this on Netflix actually which is a bit weird)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    I am re watching the X Files from start to finish and in season 3 episode 22, "Quagmire", there is a van that is covered in band stickers including 3 or 4 NIN stickers. Not a 2020 spotting but I got excited anyways. I forgot how much I love this show, and the 90's.
    I love the X Files as much as the next person but I have to admit to holding it a teensy bit responsible for the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories / theorists. I do have the entire box set though and will look this up

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Heard that Billy Corgan did some shitting on Trent during his interview with Howard Stern this Tuesday. I wish I had more specifics but I'm not about to wade into a conversation between those two insufferable narcissists.
    A buddy works for Howard so I tracked down the interview & clipped out the portion where Billy talks about how he doesn't get along with Eddie Vedder & Trent. As has been said already, he does not get into real specifics, but it sounds to me like the bad feelings at least partially stem from "behind the scenes" issues as he puts it, most likely re: touring/booking drama & that being related to their managers as well. Talks about Marilyn Manson too, and gets much more detailed on their relationship:

https://soundcloud.com/user732289948/bchstrevmm-12-1-20

Worth the listen. What I felt was worthy I trimmed to 11 or so minutes above. It's so cringey listening to Howard talk about Trent. Yes he acts like some big fan, but his mentality is still stuck in 1995. Howard is absolutely terrible with music, strictly surface level/singles etc so there's no way he's checked out or paid attention to anything NIN related after The Fragile except for maybe THTF. To describe Trent the way he does in the year 2020 to one of his contemporaries is hilarious. Such a moron.

The point Billy keeps coming back to is how these two are perceived as very nice & caring people by the public, but Billy knows the real Eddie & Trent that we don't see, and that they aren't as good or altruistic as we all see them. And Billy is just too honest & real to go along with that adoration for their public personas maaaan.

Who knows how far back his beef goes. Any 90's stuff with these 3 could be completely off the wall considering how wild their lives were back then. I could see his issues related to touring/shows being related to festival booking drama since he brought the Pumpkins name back in 2007.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    A buddy works for Howard so I tracked down the interview & clipped out the portion where Billy talks about how he doesn't get along with Eddie Vedder & Trent. As has been said already, he does not get into real specifics, but it sounds to me like the bad feelings at least partially stem from "behind the scenes" issues as he puts it, most likely re: touring/booking drama & that being related to their managers as well. Talks about Marilyn Manson too, and gets much more detailed on their relationship:

Worth the listen. What I felt was worthy I trimmed to 11 or so minutes above. It's so cringey listening to Howard talk about Trent. Yes he acts like some big fan, but his mentality is still stuck in 1995. Howard is absolutely terrible with music, strictly surface level/singles etc so there's no way he's checked out or paid attention to anything NIN related after The Fragile except for maybe THTF. To describe Trent the way he does in the year 2020 to one of his contemporaries is hilarious. Such a moron.

The point Billy keeps coming back to is how these two are perceived as very nice & caring people by the public, but Billy knows the real Eddie & Trent that we don't see, and that they aren't as good or altruistic as we all see them. And Billy is just too honest & real to go along with that adoration for their public personas maaaan.

Who knows how far back his beef goes. Any 90's stuff with these 3 could be completely off the wall considering how wild their lives were back then. I could see his issues related to touring/shows being related to festival booking drama since he brought the Pumpkins name back in 2007.
    thanks for this. You're right about your assessment with Howard regarding music. I feel like he's always just known "the hits" of people. Can't say I'm too surprised though, that goes for most radio people. Also agree that he latches on to artist's image in the 90s.

With that said, I'd still love for him to interview Trent.

And a weird, alternate timeline, I'd love for Trent to sit in with Beetlejuice.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wow thanks for diving in and making that available, if only to further illustrate what a couple of dicks they are!

It's so cringey listening to Howard talk about Trent. Yes he acts like some big fan, but his mentality is still stuck in 1995. Howard is absolutely terrible with music, strictly surface level/singles etc so there's no way he's checked out or paid attention to anything NIN related after The Fragile except for maybe THTF. To describe Trent the way he does in the year 2020 to one of his contemporaries is hilarious. Such a moron.
    Extremely accurate. When The Hand That Feeds came out I remember people on here making note of his dismissive reaction and when Hesitation Marks came out he stumbled across it and talked about how good he thought it was, but mostly talked about how he missed skinny tortured goth Trent and how Trent's current appearance, which if I recall correctly he compared to Bane, was not as good a rock star "image" because obviously that's what is really important. Doubt he even knows Nine Inch Nails put out three new releases and toured between 2016-2018 and honestly that's fine. Stern is a scumbag - a family member is a long time listener so I've heard quite a bit of the show by proxy. Talk about a insulated, pampered prick who spends the lion's share of his time now cataloguing his "problems" as one of the disproportionately wealthy (which has grown worse and even more tone-deaf during the pandemic), who will never retire because his narcissism demands a platform that allows him to believe every stupid opinion he has is important.

Trent would never go on the show with how much he prefers to keep private, and even if he did Stern would pull a Rock Hall and act like everything after the mid 90s never happened or wasn't worth talking about. Not worth it on multiple counts.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    pull a Rock Hall and act like everything after the mid 90s never happened or wasn't worth talking about.
    Bah! Haha!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Maybe Billy's still sore about the 'Starfuckers, Inc.' video? He seems like the kind of guy to hold onto something like that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Didn’t one of the plates have Trents own face on it though? It’s clear to me the video was taking a pop at celebrity at a general level (in the video anyway even if the song was more specific)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Didn’t one of the plates have Trents own face on it though? It’s clear to me the video was taking a pop at celebrity at a general level (in the video anyway even if the song was more specific)
    Yup, Trent smashed his own likeness as well. I don't want to say we're all smarter than Billy Corgan...but...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This reminds me, did anyone ever make a list of all the faces in that video? And all the records thrown in the toilet? (I only remember Mechanical Animals)