Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    >release date: 1994
    Again, no shit? I bought it when it came out. It was a point in response to your weird mention about how impossible it was for Cannibal Corpse to ever go to number one; a band that peaked in popularity around the same time.

Sorry, if people want to have a discussion, I should completely drop the you, because you are a special snowflake and tries your hardest to show me that.
    Snowflake? Did you come up with that all by yourself?

By the way, listen snowflake... if you wanna bitch about how you're being unfairly treated so cruelly because you like Linkin Park, I have a pacifier for you.

I should have warned you that you are dealing with a Meme Lord.
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHY didn't you WARN me!!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Again, no shit? I bought it when it came out. It was a point in response to your weird mention about how impossible it was for Cannibal Corpse to ever go to number one; a band that peaked in popularity around the same time.

Snowflake? Did you come up with that all by yourself?

By the way, listen snowflake... if you wanna bitch about how you're being unfairly treated so cruelly because you like Linkin Park, I have a pacifier for you.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHY didn't you WARN me!!?!?!?!
    Do you think CC and Pantera is in the same category? A rhetoric question.

I did not come up with snowflake myself, it's an expression I learned a long time ago, and now I put it to good use! And no one treates me badly for liking two of the most iconic records of the early 2000s (okay, if we take it more seriously, HT is the real shit), just you tried your hardest to plummet me wtih this laughable shit cuz you are a vengeful and hateful person.

And I would've warned you, but you never listen! And here you are, getting memed left and right. The horror!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Do you think CC and Pantera is in the same category? A rhetoric question.
    More or less the same genre, yeah. Fans of one band tend to like the other... just one was more popular than the other for a variety of reasons. BTW, that wasn't a rhetorical question. Keep trying.

I did not come up with snowflake myself, it's an expression I learned a long time ago, and now I put it to good use! And no one treates me badly for liking two of the most iconic records of the early 2000s (okay, if we take it more seriously, HT is the real shit), just you tried your hardest to plummet me wtih this laughable shit cuz you are a vengeful and hateful person.
    Hybrid Theory is definitely shit, yes.

And I would've warned you, but you never listen! And here you are, getting memed left and right. The horror!
    Do you even know what memes are, Meme Lord?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    More or less the same genre, yeah. Fans of one band tend to like the other... just one was more popular than the other for a variety of reasons. BTW, that wasn't a rhetorical question. Keep trying.

Hybrid Theory is definitely shit, yes.

Do you even know what memes are, Meme Lord?
    Well, if fans of one like one another, then it's pretty much the same genre. Flawless logic imo. Don't you mind your factual errors again that they are in fact, represent two different genres, CC being much heavier, you have anecdotal evidence of fans liking one another's band, you don't need anything more.

Maybe shit, but an iconic shit buddy.

Of course I do, but I have to use them sparingly because I understand you don't know all of them. You seem to struggle with some basic shit like numbers to begin with, so I can't just throw you into the deepest of memes.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Well, if fans of one like one another, then it's pretty much the same genre. Flawless logic imo. Don't you mind your factual errors again that they are in fact, represent two different genres, CC being much heavier, you have anecdotal evidence of fans liking one another's band, you don't need anything more.
    So what are the two different genres here? Sub-genres? Do you think they'd be in a different section of even the most specialized record store? Are you even old enough to know what record stores were?

Maybe shit, but an iconic shit buddy.
    Great. It's still shit, and I can have a conversation without talking about shit. The fact that you don't understand this is either evidence of your profound stubbornness and inability to admit that you were making a specious, bullshit point against a straw man, or that you are actually so dumb you don't understand it. I don't know which it is. I repeat: I never said that Linkin Park wasn't a popular band. I'm saying you can have a conversation about music from that year without giving it attention, because it's artistically unworthy. I can already hear you tapping away about how that's subjective, so let me preempt that: yes, it is. A subjective, opinion-based conversation can focus on the positive. For instance, if I wanted to talk about all the good music that came out that year, I wouldn't spend time talking about the bad music, because that would be beside the point.

HOW are you not understanding this?

Of course I do, but I have to use them sparingly because I understand you don't know all of them. You seem to struggle with some basic shit like numbers to begin with, so I can't just throw you into the deepest of memes.
    What exactly is it that you think a meme is, Meme Lord?
    I guess I'd ask what numbers I'm struggling with, but I don't give a shit.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So what are the two different genres here? Sub-genres? Do you think they'd be in a different section of even the most specialized record store? Are you even old enough to know what record stores were?

Great. It's still shit, and I can have a conversation without talking about shit. The fact that you don't understand this is either evidence of your profound stubbornness and inability to admit that you were making a specious, bullshit point against a straw man, or that you are actually so dumb you don't understand it. I don't know which it is. I repeat: I never said that Linkin Park wasn't a popular band. I'm saying you can have a conversation about music from that year without giving it attention, because it's artistically unworthy. I can already hear you tapping away about how that's subjective, so let me preempt that: yes, it is. A subjective, opinion-based conversation can focus on the positive. For instance, if I wanted to talk about all the good music that came out that year, I wouldn't spend time talking about the bad music, because that would be beside the point.

HOW are you not understanding this?

What exactly is it that you think a meme is, Meme Lord?
    I guess I'd ask what numbers I'm struggling with, but I don't give a shit.
    You are a man of contradictions, referring to your last sentences here. A meme is something funny being repeated over and over again, often in different context. To give you a very easy explanation:
    > someone asks you how are you, and your answer is "half past 7"

Now, this is stupid right? Right. But the next day you meet these people, they start meme-ing (copy pasting) your idiotic answer. They deliberately give "half past 7" as an answer to questions to which this makes no sense. Then it gets out of the office, and now the whole town does this, many people does not even know the origins of it. With time, it dies down.

The thing is, more complex things can become memes, like pictures. The hottest meme right now is the black person who points at his head, implying he just said something smart. Memes like this require additional text to make it a complete meme. To this meme, you have to make a text, which tries to sell something idiotic as being smart, but it actually has to be true. Okay, an example:

I'm not even sure if I embedded this right, so here's another example: "If you don't speed, you can't get a speeding ticket". <---- this is a better example btw

Basically memes are global inside jokes, and little or bigger communities can have their own memes, the latter having the chance to break out globally, like Papa Bless from h3h3 production.

Yeah, where were we? Oh yes, you, the manchild still not comprehending what I said. But I told you, I will try to enlighten you as many times as possible. My father teaches mentally disabled children, and since teachers brought their own children to school trips with them, I got to know a lot of them, so I resonate with you in a deep, emotional level. I know you are not a bad person per se, you just have troubles expressing yourself and controlling your urges.
    Okay, here we go: once again, the misunderstanding is coming from you (deliberately or not) assuming I mean everything literally. Like, you think if you put music and 2000 in one sentence, Linkin Park has to be the following next two words. No, little--, erm, big buddy, it's not what I meant. I mean that if you are making a documentary about music as a global phenomenon, and you reach 2000, you have to mention the likes of Linkin Park, Britney Spears and Eminem. Not only because they were the most commercially successful back then, but Eminem was a pretty big anomaly as a white rapper, while Linkin Park "rocked" a relatively new genre to the top. Whether you title this part of your documentary as the "shittiest period of the music industry EVER" or something else, is up to you.

Yes, to my understanding you don't want to make such a documentary. And that's fine. It's just an example. No one tries to violate your right, even though I have short hands too, since I am a small guy (for you - this is a meme for example, from Batman, but it's an advanced one, because the original meme says "big guy - for you" or just "for you"). The tl;dr is that Linkin Park was influential, a pinnacle of a widespread genre, and a huge commercial hit. Those are facts, even if you are free to think their influence was shit, their genre was worthless and commercial success =/= quality. That's fine.

Are we fine there buddy-buddy, or shall I dream up some other ways to try to convey the message to your... normal sized brain? I am gonna go sleepy sleep a bit, so go ahead, think big. I expect nothing less from you, than the level of inadequate where one says CC is basically the same as Pantera.
    Last edited by Volband; 02-17-2017 at 01:37 AM.