Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    sorry for double post, but in lieu of working, part of my daily routine is to scour the internet for supernatural horror films that are actually scary.

i'll go for a little gore, but i got so used to blood and gore working as a nurses assistant in a wound care hospital that it doesn't do much for me.

can anyone turn me on to some movies that i am missing here?
    Others have already given a few great titles like The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone; in my other post I talked about The Changeling which is truly creepy.

Here's a list of ghost story movies I've seen that haven't been mentioned yet; some are good, some are just okay but you may like them:

Dark Water (2005)
    White Noise
    1408 (I really like this one; John Cusack gives one hell of a performance in this)
    Shutter (2008)
    Drag Me to Hell (Sam Raimi can do no wrong in the horror genre)
    The Haunting in Connecticut (based on a supposedly true story that doesn't have much in common with the movie itself)
    The Woman in Black (2012) (this one I really liked too)
    Saint Ange (2004) (a little French thing that's not too bad)
    The Entity (1981) (another one "based on a true story"; it's quite good)
    What Lies Beneath (2000) (I've always had a soft spot for this one; even more so now that I know that the script was written by Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) himself )

And as was said earlier: Session 9 is a must see.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Others have already given a few great titles like The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone; in my other post I talked about The Changeling which is truly creepy.

And as was said earlier: Session 9 is a must see.
    The copy I got had no sound and I never bothered to get another copy. Added it to my watchlist so I don't forget.

Has anyone seen The Awakening?
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 07-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.