Thread: The Boys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I liked it, too, especially its dark sense of humor. Visually it reminded me a lot of what Zach Snyder did with his Watchmen movie.

In terms of the characters I felt Homelander was terrifying and his actor probably gave the best performance on the show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I thoroughly enjoyed this show, everything about it. Started watching without really knowing what its premise was and it immediately hooked me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I liked it, too, especially its dark sense of humor. Visually it reminded me a lot of what Zach Snyder did with his Watchmen movie.

In terms of the characters I felt Homelander was terrifying and his actor probably gave the best performance on the show.
    Yeah, I love the tension with his character and his interactions, like "This motherfucker can annihilate me and anyone in his path at any moment."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This show is fun but Spoiler: why didn't they just drown the invisible guy?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    the cynical answer is b/c the writers wanted the visual they got by doing it the way they did. Drowning would have been boring.

Quite the cliffhanger they left us on at the finale.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm late to things here, but that whole scene kept making me say "why don't they put poison in the glass of water... why would he be stupid enough to drink a glass of water they give him? Also, you could drown him, gas him, suffocate him..."

Though this is not really a show that needs to be called out on a realistic level. I'm five episodes in now and I'm loving it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm late to things here, but that whole scene kept making me say "why don't they put poison in the glass of water... why would he be stupid enough to drink a glass of water they give him? Also, you could drown him, gas him, suffocate him..."

Though this is not really a show that needs to be called out on a realistic level. I'm five episodes in now and I'm loving it.
    Poison or gas, possibly.

About drowning though...

Well, remember, Spoiler: they were keeping him in a shielded room hoping Homelander couldn't see him. They kept him caged to not be in the same space as him. How do you drown a caged man? How do you drown someone you don't want to be in the same space in? How do you drown this guy with Homeland spying around? They would've had to move him to drown him if kept in a cage. They had to knock him out to even insert the explosive. They would've needed a place they could throw his cage in to drown. They wouldn't want to take the chance of him waking up while drowning him by hand. He could easily fight them off and disappear.

But it was mainly to drive home the moment of Hughie's choice.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-16-2020 at 12:05 PM.