Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Yes, but civil suits don't involve prosecution though is my point.
    They couldn’t even arrest him because of the old statute (pre 2006, see link below).

DNA doesn’t help prosecution “logistics.” It just helps (or doesn’t) convince a jury. OJ Simpson, for instance.

Juries are the key in both criminal and civil. Except criminals have the option of a bench trial in criminal. But I digress.

This particular case is a defamation case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...te-ncna1077321
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, you used the words “prosecuting logistics” and I didn’t know why.

DNA doesn’t help prosecuting logistics, it just helps (or doesn’t) convince a jury. OJ Simpson, for instance.

Juries are the key in both criminal and civil. Except criminals have the option of a bench trial in criminal. But I digress.

This particular case is a defamation case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...te-ncna1077321
    I literally never used the phrase "prosecuting logistics." I was just pointing out that they could not prosecute (criminal charges) because of the statute of limitations. However, I did see that they extended the statute of limitations for certain instances of sexual assault in New york in 2019, so I'm not sure of the qualifications for that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I literally never used the phrase "prosecuting logistics." I was just pointing out that they could not prosecute (criminal charges) because of the statute of limitations. However, I did see that they extended the statute of limitations for certain instances of sexual assault in New york in 2019, so I'm not sure of the qualifications for that.
    Sorry, I am reading on an iPhone and this convo is moving way too fast in a weird direction and I didn’t grok. You were right, he misused the term “prosecuting.” I was editing as I was trying to understand who said what and why. In between the silly DNA-stealing stuff.

Trump won’t even give up his financials or tax returns. I suspect he’ll only give up his DNA under penalty of death.

But it sure is hilarious seeing the possibilities.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sorry, I am reading on an iPhone and this convo is moving way too fast in a weird direction and I didn’t grok. You were right, he misused the term “prosecuting.” I was editing as I was trying to understand who said what and why. In between the silly DNA-stealing stuff.

Trump won’t even give up his financials or tax returns. I suspect he’ll only give up his DNA under penalty of death.

But it sure is hilarious seeing the possibilities.