I do think captain Marvel did a good job of being inclusive... Probably it's strongest metric, but I think feminism is done injustice by not demanding that women headline better movies than Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel, Black superheros need stronger movies than Black Panther, and I think that one was really good. Both still could have reached stronger levels of story telling and to some extent spectacle. And consistency of course, it needs to happen regularly enough that it's not a watermark to just put out a representational superhero movie. As I finally dig into actual comics, I'm struck by the number of female characters front and center in the X-Men series, it's not like that as much in the movies... The diversity is a lot more whole in those books.

The incels crowd does to some extent push me into seeing movies like this. They have to lose and I'll put money on an average marvel movie to help that happen... Even if I still can't make it all the way through Thor 2, and probably wouldn't bother with Dr. Strange again.