Thread: The Batman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    What other villians would translate well to screen?

Clayface?
    The Phantasm?
    If done right: Mad-Hatter
    Also Zasz, Ventriloquist, Anarchy, Hugo Strange, The Court of Owls...

I'm sick and tired of the Joker, TBH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    If done right: Mad-Hatter
    Also Zasz, Ventriloquist, Anarchy, Hugo Strange, The Court of Owls...

I'm sick and tired of the Joker, TBH
    Zsasz would be really good if they go with a psychological crime thriller styling à la Se7en.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 06-15-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Zsasz would be really good if they go with a psychological crime thriller styling à la Se7en.
    Yeah, i don't get why they only used him once in the Nolan-trilogy and he was barely a footnote.

You can make a movie with him in a more active role, maybe not as the main villain, but as a top-threat for Batman to stop during the "bigger" storyline.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Also Zasz
    He was perfect in Gotham though

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't know about perfect. He was fun, though.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't know about perfect. He was fun, though.
    Basically that's what I meant lol. Not familiar with his comic book or any other versions.
    (If he was in Nolan's films then I forgot all about it)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Basically that's what I meant lol. Not familiar with his comic book or any other versions.
    (If he was in Nolan's films then I forgot all about it)
    Haha. Yeah, in the comics, he's pretty psychotic. Whenever he kills a victim, he cuts a tally mark on his body. I can't recall any onscreen performances that have incorporated that yet.

Never saw Gotham, gotta check it
    You definitely have to go into that show with an open mind because they take a lot of their own liberties with characters, their origins, and overall personalities. I personally enjoyed it, but there are many people that couldn't get past that it wasn't always depicting characters accurately.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 06-18-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You definitely have to go into that show with an open mind because they take a lot of their own liberties with characters, their origins, and overall personalities. I personally enjoyed it, but there are many people that couldn't get past that it wasn't always depicting characters accurately.
    Going to... I wasn't much interested when i first saw it, but i know it's a different "universe"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you def. do not. It's terrible. I gave it two seasons and had to move on.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you def. do not. It's terrible. I gave it two seasons and had to move on.
    The first two seasons are a little rocky. It definitely gets better, subjectively, after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    How much do you guys think fans would look down on the DC uni if they followed the same format that Marvel did?
    Was that not what they were trying to do beginning with Batman v Superman? Everything was connecting and then Justice League got released and fucked that all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    ... And yes, Gotham sucks. I couldn't even get past the first 5 episodes and that show takes itself wayyy too seriously.
    That's a bit of an unfair assessment. They realized their formula wasn't working and changed it up entirely by the third season. Some shows just have a rocky start. It's unfortunate that people decide to just write it off without giving it another chance later on. It lasted 5 seasons and you only saw 5 episodes.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 06-22-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Was that not what they were trying to do beginning with Batman v Superman? Everything was connecting and then Justice League got released and fucked that all up.
    Huh? We didn't get any solo movies with Ben Affleck's Batman, no Flash, no Cyborg... only Superman. They were all crammed into one movie and then they tried to play catch up after that. Oh, we got Wonder Woman.. big deal. I shouldn't have to explain what Marvel did, but we got Hulk, Iron Man 1&2, Captain America 1&2, Thor and the other characters we got in between were not front and center... OH! And we got Green Lantern that had no affiliation of course... The DCEU was over before it even started, that is why I asked how it would feel if DC just decided to do that format instead of the trash we got with Batman v Superman and Justice League. Shit, even Aquaman came out AFTER Justice League...

Edit: Oh! And we got a terrible Suicide Squad movie
    Come on now...

That's a bit of an unfair assessment. They realized their formula wasn't working and changed it up entirely by the third season. Some shows just have a rocky start. It's unfortunate that people decide to just write it off without giving it another chance later on. It lasted 5 seasons and you only saw 5 episodes.
    I really didn't want to go into too much depth about such a terrible show, but I have seen later episodes due to my little cousin liking it and I can say that ok, they added some other characters that may or may not have made it more watchable, but I cannot stray away from bad acting and terrible dialogue. Sorry but this show does nothing for me.

More of an unfair statement from you when literally two posts above, someone only watched 2 seasons and gave up, so I think my assessment is just fine.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-22-2020 at 07:50 PM.