Page 152 of 160 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Literally nothing in that original post was well thought out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm okay with people griping, it's fine, but if you are going to gripe, expect to be disagreed with here.

Do i enjoy the score work as much as NIN? Sometimes. Watchmen for sure. Vietnam War had some tracks I really connected with. I respect the Hell out of it all - Mank? BLOWS MY MIND what they have done there. they have proven they can do it all. Good for them. Good for everyone who loves every bit of their score work.

Is NIN "part-time"? What an insult. We just had 3 amazing EPs, like yesterday. Like some of the very best work they have EVER done. It is not unsual to have some time in between.

If NIN never makes another album again, I have nothing to complain about. It has all been an incredible, live-giving journey. If they do - by all means, PLEASE wait until you feel like it. Please wait as long as you need to until you are truly inspired and excited about a story you have to tell. I'll be here.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I'm okay with people griping, it's fine, but if you are going to gripe, expect to be disagreed with here.
    I’ll play devil’s advocate here- kind of. This is the “controversial” thread, you know what you’re getting into when reading posts in this ONE particular thread. They may not be popular among the people who can’t find fault in NIN/TR and they’re going to be critical of NIN/TR. It’s critiquing on a fan forum. If people get bent out of shape and/or have issues with others opinions, stay out of the thread.

I’ll stick up for Bill on this one. He’s dead on when he called out a member on here for stalking, and even somewhat harassing others for unpopular opinions. It’s ok to vent about dumb things- wether it’s your favorite sports team or a band or a movie franchise, etc. There’s some that take it too personally.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    He’s dead on when he called out a member on here for stalking...
    For fuck's sake. I'm not stalking him and I'm not obsessed with him. I'm simply tired of seeing his whiny, "the sky is falling because I'm not getting my way!" posts all the time, and I don't mind telling him so. It's not about a difference of opinion either. I've disagreed with others on here in a much more civil way. He purposely makes hyperbolic and antagonistic posts so people will get mad about it, then tries to play the victim. It's ridiculous and it clutters up the board.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ I have you on the ignore list (you’re the only one I think I’ve ever put on that list), so IDGAF what your post says. Peace.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ^^^ I have you on the ignore list (you’re the only one I think I’ve ever put on that list), so IDGAF what your post says.
    I mean, you apparently care enough to rush to Billy Boy's defense, but whatever...

Right. Controversial opinions. Um...Trent & Atticus are right to not give a fuck what we think of them or what they should do with their careers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Counterpoint: I want them to give a fuck about what we all want. They're automatons who are expected to do everything we want at a second's notice. All the time, every time.

/sarcasim

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The only great soundtrack is the social network soundtrack. Everything else is forgettable.
    The only bad release nin has ever released is bad witch.
    Year Zero is better than The Downward Spiral
    With Teeth is better than Broken
    The Deep video is the best NIN video

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    For fuck's sake. I'm not stalking him and I'm not obsessed with him. I'm simply tired of seeing his whiny, "the sky is falling because I'm not getting my way!" posts all the time, and I don't mind telling him so. It's not about a difference of opinion either. I've disagreed with others on here in a much more civil way. He purposely makes hyperbolic and antagonistic posts so people will get mad about it, then tries to play the victim. It's ridiculous and it clutters up the board.
    Yo.

Zip it. Take it off the forum. I know the block function here isn't perfect, but if you're not already using it, use it.

Anyone else who uses this thread to share opinions about other forum members is going to get a weeklong mute.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think I come to a point where I agree with these, especially the Year Zero one, it's definitelly at least equal to the quality of The Downward Spiral.

My controversial opinion in regards to Broken is that NTAE is a better EP which is also heavier and darker.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Also, Running, The Lovers and With Teeth are the best tracks on their albums.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Also, Running, The Lovers and With Teeth are the best tracks on their albums.
    Definitely not, maybe, no.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The only great soundtrack is the social network soundtrack. Everything else is forgettable.
    why-ah you gotta break-ah my heart, tony? WE COULDA MADE A PIZZA PIE TOGETHER AND YOU-AH SPIT IN MY FACE!?

love you anyway

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why-ah you gotta break-ah my heart, tony? WE COULDA MADE A PIZZA PIE TOGETHER AND YOU-AH SPIT IN MY FACE!?

love you anyway
    WE CAN STILL MAKE A PIZZA PIE.

We just can't listen to bad witch while making it.

I'D RATHER LISTEN TO HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN THAN BAD WITCH.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Puts pizza in the oven with tony and waits with him for it to be cooked

"I WRITE SONGS TO FIGHT AND TO FUCK TO"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    With Teeth is so fucking cool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Definitely not, maybe, no.
    lol Running lol

lol

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    WE CAN STILL MAKE A PIZZA PIE.

We just can't listen to bad witch while making it.

KILL4ME almost salvages that entire album......Almost

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    KILL4ME almost salvages that entire album......Almost
    The title track is the only stomachable song on that record for me lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    lol Running lol

lol
    It's good, don't be mean.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I don't know if I've posted this before, but I don't like the song "Burn" even though it seems to be a fan favorite. The lyrics bug me, it's like somebody took the "we live in a society/bottom text" meme and turned it into a song.

On the flipside, I don't dislike "Big Man with a Gun" at all. I know some folks have accused it of being corny, but in this decade it reads like an incel's internet manifesto before he shoots up a yoga studio or something. When I listen to it with that narrative in my head, the song doesn't sound cheesy but actually sort of terrifying lol.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I just checked out my Spotify year end wrap and want to share that apparently Everything was my number one streamed song from nin (who of course was my number one band.)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I don't know if I've posted this before, but I don't like the song "Burn" even though it seems to be a fan favorite. The lyrics bug me, it's like somebody took the "we live in a society/bottom text" meme and turned it into a song.

On the flipside, I don't dislike "Big Man with a Gun" at all. I know some folks have accused it of being corny, but in this decade it reads like an incel's internet manifesto before he shoots up a yoga studio or something. When I listen to it with that narrative in my head, the song doesn't sound cheesy but actually sort of terrifying lol.
    Eh, I remember when that came out...it was before memes existed, so I don't find it as corny. That said, Burn isn't one of my favs, but I don't have a knee-jerk reaction.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the main reason I love Burn is that bonkers evil percussive synth (or whatever it is) that opens the song and permeates throughout. That and the NBK association of course.

Plus how about the part when almost everything else falls away & we're left with Trent screaming "...Whole World Dowwwwn". You ever see them do Burn live? That part makes me want to murder everything. Or how about when he belts out "Swallowed Up In Fiiiiiire"?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's almost like industrial Neil Young guitar fuzz. But that could be for hours of sleep slash morphine slash pain at the moment.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    1. No. Social Network is definitely top tier but Watchmen is by far the greatest TR&AR work. Gone Girl rules too. I highly recommend giving those two a shot.

2. It’s on the low end. “Ahead Of Ourselves” and “Over And Out” are fantastic though.

3. Also no. TDS is the best NIN album but I love YZ too.

4. True.

5. Interesting. I actually like “Deep;” the song and video. I think the “Closer” video is damn near perfect. For years I wanted that holey tattered sweater Trent wears in it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-12-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    1. No. Social Network is definitely top tier but Watchmen is by far the greatest TR&AR work. Gone Girl rules too. I highly recommend giving those two a shot.

2. It’s on the low end. “Ahead Of Ourselves” and “Over And Out” are fantastic though.

3. Also no. TDS is the best NIN album but I love YZ too.

4. True.

5. Interesting. I actually like “Deep;” the song and video. I think the “Closer” video is damn near perfect. For years I wanted that holey tattered sweater Trent wears in it.

@tony.parente and @Swykk , I'll settle this for the both of you...

1. Nothing is forgettable.

2. Trick question, there are no bad releases.

3. Are the two of you out of your fucking mind!?! The Fragile

4. False

5. Look, I understand 2020 has been tough for all of us and isolation can make us delusional, but Deep is not the best video. The best video are the ones that have been shelved and not released. The ones we never saw.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i've been a hardcore NIN fan since Broken, since i was twelve.

And i hate to be the contrarian or whatever, but, i actually feel some of what Bill @Helpmeiaminhell was saying.

I'm happy that TR/AR are kicking ass making soundtracks, but like, i only listen to those soundtracks when i'm watching the movies or shows for which they were made. I don't turn those records on and listen to them actively: i do not listen with a fox. I do not listen in a box.

i DON'T think that NIN is giving up on NIN, though: rather, T-Rez is just getting older. I think we'll get more NIN when he feels inspired to make more of it.

And that's ultimately fine and fucking dandy. If i wanna hear early, or golden age, or career defining fan fave, or experimental, or return to form NIN, well, we've got ALL that.

All you gotta do is turn it on.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm happy that TR/AR are kicking ass making soundtracks, but like, i only listen to those soundtracks when i'm watching the movies or shows for which they were made.
    That's not really a bad thing. I think people just need to separate the two. It's clear as time has gone on that Trent & Atticus have learned a lot about scoring films, and they feel more comfortable working outside of the NIN box that their early scores fit more comfortably in. Not every score they do is meant to be some aggressive sonic banger that you can play in the car. Film scores are, first and foremost, meant to serve the picture. They serve a different purpose than NIN music, and I think a lot of fans simply don't understand that.