Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    dude the popcorn is AT LEAST $10 for a large in texas, more like $12

A large drink is $6 or 7
    Truth is that I haven't seen a movie in a theater in a couple years. Last I saw was Evil Dead but I didn't buy food or a drink.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Truth is that I haven't seen a movie in a theater in a couple years. Last I saw was Evil Dead but I didn't buy food or a drink.
    it may be different in Canada.
    Tickets here are still like $9 for 2D and $14 or so for 3d.
    i can't BELIEVE that $20 dollars plus for 2 D in australia.
    @Deepvoid , btw, you should really get out and see PA5 in 3D. I think it would be worth it.
    I got lucky because, like i said, it was only at select theaters here and for some reason they selected a dollar theater...still trying to figure that one out....and it was only $7 for 3d.

but i would have paid more. this one makes pretty damn good use of the 3d and i would DEFINITELY regret not catching it.

In fact that goes for all of y'all, IF you are a PA fan.....unless you live in australia i guess, fuck that shit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    good gawd.

i saw it in 3d and i thought it was fucking INCREDIBLE.

i think that they should only allow horror fans to review horror flix.
    I saw it on the 3D and I believe it was meant to be seen in 3D. Matter of fact I saw it in 4D where the chairs move and blow on your neck, like the Back To The Future ride in disneyland. The 3D effects were really awesome and I really enjoyed it for the fun factor and the graphics.

Also, I relly enjoyed the green inferno, I really dont understand the bad reviews.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    dude the popcorn is AT LEAST $10 for a large in texas, more like $12

A large drink is $6 or 7
    holy balls. it's $6 for a large popcorn here (and a free refill on your way out!).

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I saw it on the 3D and I believe it was meant to be seen in 3D. Matter of fact I saw it in 4D where the chairs move and blow on your neck, like the Back To The Future ride in disneyland.
    Wow...where in the hell did you see that?!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Holy Molly! How much is the popcorn? $10?
    Its ridiculously pricey.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    roll with a chick (or two) who has a big purse, and only buy a big ass soda at the theater. i've been doing it for years.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I just saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre about a week ago for the very first time. What a film. Hansen was fucking awesome. He will be missed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre deserves its status. More than many other regarded classics. Its a deeply frightening film.
    I like many see Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a psychological horror film more than anything. There is virtually no gore. Its sometimes called the first slasher movie though.
    The whole film is incredibly tense, anxiety inducing and just creepy. Especially the first hour when they break down and are lost.

I still think the hitch hiker scene in the van is an incredibly made scene. Everything about that scene is disturbing and so well done. Being stuck in a confined space with a dirty redneck murderous deranged psycho! And how it builds up.
    Cant believe Tobe Hooper was only 23 when he made it. Thought of ever going to Texas after seeing this scared the crap out of me.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre deserves its status. More than many other regarded classics. Its a deeply frightening film.
    I like many see Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a psychological horror film more than anything. There is virtually no gore. Its sometimes called the first slasher movie though.
    The whole film is incredibly tense, anxiety inducing and just creepy. Especially the first hour when they break down and are lost.

I still think the hitch hiker scene in the van is an incredibly made scene. Everything about that scene is disturbing and so well done. Being stuck in a confined space with a dirty redneck murderous deranged psycho! And how it builds up.
    Cant believe Tobe Hooper was only 23 when he made it. Thought of ever going to Texas after seeing this scared the crap out of me.
    dude those type of things don't like regularly go down in texas

Although, we do have our share of murderous rednecks.
    We had The Railroad Killer, the Candy Man, the Eyeball Killer, and Henry Lee Lucas who MAY be one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, if his claims are to be believed.

But at the end of the day, South Dallas (or south central LA) is a hell of a lot more dangerous than any rural area.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just saw that Neil Marshall is set to direct the Troll Hunter remake. Loved the original. Could be interesting, The Descent being one of my favorite horror movies.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i want to see 'goodnight mommy' so bad. has anyone here seen it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    dude those type of things don't like regularly go down in texas

Although, we do have our share of murderous rednecks.
    We had The Railroad Killer, the Candy Man, the Eyeball Killer, and Henry Lee Lucas who MAY be one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, if his claims are to be believed.

But at the end of the day, South Dallas (or south central LA) is a hell of a lot more dangerous than any rural area.
    My partner was born in Houston dont worry i get it!!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    it may be different in Canada.
    Tickets here are still like $9 for 2D and $14 or so for 3d.
    i can't BELIEVE that $20 dollars plus for 2 D in australia.
    @Deepvoid , btw, you should really get out and see PA5 in 3D. I think it would be worth it.
    I got lucky because, like i said, it was only at select theaters here and for some reason they selected a dollar theater...still trying to figure that one out....and it was only $7 for 3d.

but i would have paid more. this one makes pretty damn good use of the 3d and i would DEFINITELY regret not catching it.

In fact that goes for all of y'all, IF you are a PA fan.....unless you live in australia i guess, fuck that shit

two tickets for my partner and I to see Spectre tomorrow in VMAX is $52

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    two tickets for my partner and I to see Spectre tomorrow in VMAX is $52
    Wow Ryan.
    And are aussie dollars about the same as US dollars?

I don't think i would even go to the movies if it cost that much here.

I saw Paranormal Activity and i will go see Star Wars. But 99% of movies, i just catch them when they are available online

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    There was a time when they were alike, but Aussie dollars are pretty shit lately compared to USD.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i want to see 'goodnight mommy' so bad. has anyone here seen it?
    my local film critic said it was gratuitous and snuffy. i want to see it really bad too. it's no longer playing at my local indie theater, so i'll wait for a movie channel release (TMC seems the most likely, since they have "splatterday" <3)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism your private message quota has been reached. Time to delete some!

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @elevenism your private message quota has been reached. Time to delete some!
    i'm a pack rat. but i got rid of some/ hit me up.

The Hallow was pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    cough cough...

Where is everybody? (in the fast voice from the telefon tel aviv version)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I watched 'Final Girl' (revenge horror/thriller) which is not to be confused with 'Final Girls' (A decent send-up of the Slasher films)

It was without doubt the most contrived, overacted nonscensical film i've seen in years and it provides one of the most hideous miscast actresses i've ever witnessed.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I watched 'Final Girl' (revenge horror/thriller) which is not to be confused with 'Final Girls' (A decent send-up of the Slasher films)

It was without doubt the most contrived, overacted nonscensical film i've seen in years and it provides one of the most hideous miscast actresses i've ever witnessed.
    as much as i hate to hear things like this, it's good to know.
    i spend lots of time seeking good horror films, and there are strange people on horror websites who have heartily recommended abominations like you just described.

OH. i started a horror group on facebook and have neglected to post my own recommendations here.

Ok so The Hallow is pretty badass, as @Ryan suspected it would be. I recommend that one.
    Another one i saw was called Altered. It's ooookay i guess. Nothing to write home about. It was directed by Eduardo Sanchez (i THINK that's his name, the one who directed blair witch?)

and then there was The Gift. I didn't think it was exactly a horror movie, but it IS fairly disturbing and fucked off. @Jinsai called it a horror movie.
    It was actually pretty damned good and made me pretty fucking uncomfortable. It had one of those twisted revenge plots like Oldboy that made me think that it must have been adapted from an asian flick, but it's actually straight up american.

So those are the three that i've seen recently. I guess i would recommend all three, though Altered is nowhere near as good as the other two
    (keep in mind that i go for the psychological and supernatural. altered was about some rednecks dealing with a fucked off alien monster. someone else might prefer that one...it's just not MY cup o tea.)
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-18-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    is the atticus institute any good?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I saw Krampus on Thursday night and really enjoyed the film. It leans more towards horror-comedy and it's a lot of fun to watch. The characters are likable and the story is engaging, although admittedly the first hour takes its time and tends to drag with family moments when Krampus related events aren't happening. The costume designs and makeup look fantastic for the multitude of creatures that pop up throughout the second half of the movie. Krampus himself looks amazing and I really hope the designers who worked on him and his minions get some acknowledgement come award season. While the first act can be sluggish at times, once things take off during the second act and Krampus hits its stride, it really does cement itself as a new holiday favorite for horror fans. I already want to see it again, and I think this will become a go to for holiday horror fans in the same vein as Trick 'r Treat, and reaffirms Michael Dougherty's status as an immensely talented filmmaker. While I can't say Krampus reaches the same heights as Trick 'r Treat, I can say that it comes very close.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    is the atticus institute any good?
    I personally didn't care much for it. Gave it a 4/10.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I personally didn't care much for it. Gave it a 4/10.
    oh, weak.

I finally got a print of sinister 2.
    it was ok i suppose-worth watching but kind of convoluted.
    I'd give it a 5, with an E for effort for including that boards of canada track again.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    While I can't say Krampus reaches the same heights as Trick 'r Treat, I can say that it comes very close.
    Coming close to Trick'r Treat is pretty good! It looks fantastic, can't wait to see it!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This looks promising.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    This looks promising.

It BETTER be good. By the time we see it, it will have been "out" for over a freaking year!
    It played at Sundance, and DirecTV acquired the rights to it.
    So surely i could get a sundance screener, right? Or maybe some kind of on demand thing with DirectTV! (no and no)
    Then it played at the Karlovy Vary. Then it played at Melbourne. Then it played at Toronto. SURELY there would be a screener since it played at 4 of the biggest film festivals IN THE WORLD right? (No, no, no!!!!)
    So it's a situation where all the cool people have seen it, and you can read endless reviews about it, but they aren't going to let US see it till fucking February.

This is the same thing that happened with Unfriended and It Follows.
    I sure hope this is a great flick, because i've looked for a copy on the (cough cough ahem) sites EVERY WEEK SINCE JANUARY!