Thread: NIN Confessions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Apart from Ghosts, I haven’t listened to any of the soundtrack work all the way through; a lot of it at all. I need to spend a day or two digesting everything I’ve neglected to listen to.

I think the only one I’ve listened to (almost) all the way through is TGWTDT.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Apart from Ghosts, I haven’t listened to any of the soundtrack work all the way through; a lot of it at all. I need to spend a day or two digesting everything I’ve neglected to listen to.

Still haven’t listened to any really. The only songs I know properly off the top of my head by name are 31 Ghosts, Great Bird of Prey, Hand Covers Bruise, What If We Could? and... a few others here and there.

Hit me, I deserve it, I know.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 08-03-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

The scores are great, of course. Big hitters for me include Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, and Waves. But for me, TGWTDT really is the pinnacle - it contains some of the best stuff that they've done anywhere (including their work as nin). It is very very long though, and a bit intimidating for it. I recently tried to get some friends into it, and put together a playlist for a shortened version, omitting most of the more ambient and drone pieces, since I figured these would be less accessible to most. In case you're interested, here it is:

1 4-Pinned and Mounted
    2 6-What If We Could?
    3 7-With The Flies
    4 9-A Thousand Details
    5 14-Cut Into Pieces
    6 16-An Itch
    7 20-You're Here
    8 21-The Same As The Others
    9 32-Oraculum
    10 34-The Heretics
    11 37-Infiltrator

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The scores are great, of course. Big hitters for me include Gone Girl, The Vietnam War, and Waves. But for me, TGWTDT really is the pinnacle - it contains some of the best stuff that they've done anywhere (including their work as nin). It is very very long though, and a bit intimidating for it. I recently tried to get some friends into it, and put together a playlist for a shortened version, omitting most of the more ambient and drone pieces, since I figured these would be less accessible to most. In case you're interested, here it is:

1 4-Pinned and Mounted
    2 6-What If We Could?
    3 7-With The Flies
    4 9-A Thousand Details
    5 14-Cut Into Pieces
    6 16-An Itch
    7 20-You're Here
    8 21-The Same As The Others
    9 32-Oraculum
    10 34-The Heretics
    11 37-Infiltrator
    This is great, thanks. I've found those 4 albums not as approachable for similar reasons, and TGWTDT was the first score where I didn't digest it in it's entirety several times to establish those interests. I have kids and don't get several hours to dive into the scores as much as I'd like.