Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't be commenting on this yet because I haven't actually seen the ads. But here's what I've gathered just from headlines:

-Gillette comes out with ad saying toxic masculinity is just that, and asks guys to not be awful. I'm guessing nowhere in the ad does it claim that "literally all men are terrible and immediately need to become monks".
    -Toxic guys get super offended by it, starting screaming and crying that it's a "war on men" (fuck right off with that shit, losers), and promise to boycott P&G (good luck; go take a look at a list of every brand they own)
    -Non-toxic guys applaud Gillette for taking a corporate stance.

Is that about what's happening here?
    Probably, in a nutshell. But then you have Meghan McCain on The View today talking about how she doesn't agree with the ad, either. But I swear she's paid to take the opposite stance that most of the panel has for everything just for good TV blah blah.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Probably, in a nutshell. But then you have Meghan McCain on The View today talking about how she doesn't agree with the ad, either. But I swear she's paid to take the opposite stance that most of the panel has for everything just for good TV blah blah.
    I saw that episode of The View and it was clear that McCain did not know what “toxic masculinity” means; she took it to mean “all masculine men are bad” or “men shouldn’t be masculine” and the other hosts on The View tried explaining it to her but then they went to one of the 500 obligatory commercial breaks. (There’s really only about 10 minutes of air time, the rest is all commercials.)

Other View host Sunny Hostin also didn’t get it because she went on and on about how she taught her son that it’s okay to cry.

What cracks me up (but I don’t respond because ... lol) are these guys on Twitter responding to it with “Toxic Female” comments, “What’s really wrong with society are women” [insert reasons here]
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I saw that episode of The View and it was clear that McCain did not know what “toxic masculinity” means; she took it to mean “all masculine men are bad” or “men shouldn’t be masculine” and the other hosts on The View tried explaining it to her but then they went to one of the 500 obligatory commercial breaks. (There’s really only about 10 minutes of air time, the rest is all commercials.)
    I think a lot of men see it that way too. That Gillette is saying all men are bad. Poor guys are revealing themselves all over my Facebook timeline. Their fragile egos in pieces over a damn commercial. It’s food for thought not a life sentence.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I think a lot of men see it that way too. That Gillette is saying all men are bad. Poor guys are revealing themselves all over my Facebook timeline. Their fragile egos in pieces over a damn commercial. It’s food for thought not a life sentence.
    Look at these bozos crying about it, talk about completely missing the point.