Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've heard NIN songs used on Top Gear a couple of times. One of them was pretty obscure as well..maybe off FDTS? I mainly remember being shocked and delighted.
    Last edited by rhet; 02-13-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They used "At The Heart Of It All" for the Bobsled/Car challenge from either it's 4th or 5th season. I'm in awe of their choices for music sometimes, whoever has that job must be very knowledgeable about music. They have used NIN several other times as well, but surprisingly I think they haven't used any Reznor/Ross stuff because of their tendency towards film scores.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, that was lovely. A TV appearance with a great audio mix for once. Way to go, PBS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeCornhole View Post
    Nice, when is the full thing going to be up?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Broadcast will be in April, I believe, with online availability alongside it, presumably.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Broadcast will be in April, I believe, with online availability alongside it, presumably.
    i wonder if the PBS app on the appleTV is going to have it. they have some ACL stuff up there, but i haven't watched it yet. hopefully it'll be better quality than the masterpiece stuff. i have to leave the room when my fiancee watches downton abbey because the quality is so awful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wonder if the PBS app on the appleTV is going to have it. they have some ACL stuff up there, but i haven't watched it yet. hopefully it'll be better quality than the masterpiece stuff. i have to leave the room when my fiancee watches downton abbey because the quality is so awful.
    The Xbox PBS app is where I originally found this clip, so that probably bodes well for its inclusion on other platforms, as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Posted by Rob on Twitter:

Valentine's Day with @trent_reznor (on my @beatsmusic feed):

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Xbox PBS app is where I originally found this clip, so that probably bodes well for its inclusion on other platforms, as well.
    After watching the clip on my PC last night, I authorized the PBS app on my AppleTV & watched it on there. So, yes, the clip is available on the AppleTV PBS app.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They’re rehearsing Letting You:

http://instagram.com/p/kaV6c5vK5l/

Or at least Ilan is. Standing that close, how would you hear anybody else?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    They used "At The Heart Of It All" for the Bobsled/Car challenge from either it's 4th or 5th season. I'm in awe of their choices for music sometimes, whoever has that job must be very knowledgeable about music.
    Yes that was it! Thanks, I couldn't remember which one it was for the life of me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That new 300 tv spot with NIN finally hit the youtubes.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Two versions of Eraser for the price of one!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I want a pair of those boots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good find on the boots. Some of their marketing material says Trent wore some of their clothes on the summer tour. Any items look familiar? The jackets kind of do.
    http://www.nicecollective.com/en/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Good find on the boots. Some of their marketing material says Trent wore some of their clothes on the summer tour. Any items look familiar? The jackets kind of do.
    http://www.nicecollective.com/en/
    Good god, you gotta be a millionaire to afford those clothes! $875 for a jacket? $800 for Boots?? Yeah right...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Disappointed was used in Top Gear tonight

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Good god, you gotta be a millionaire to afford those clothes! $875 for a jacket? $800 for Boots?? Yeah right...
    I was looking into getting a jacket that looked nice, too bad the price is more than my rent...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Jimmy Kimmel videos were removed from youtube....

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    The Jimmy Kimmel videos were removed from youtube....
    Because they remove the videos after about 3 months. Thankfully, they were both saved:

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20131107.html

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    If I may borrow a line from This is a Trent Reznor song - "and it's awesome"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quality interview, a good amount of information in a fairly small container. I'm relieved to know that significant progress is being made on The Fragile, but at the same time, discovering 40 demos that "something should happen with" makes me feel like progress is back to almost square one, in the scheme of how much he's got on his plate. But, I have faith that when it does come out it'll be awesome, possibly the best NIN release ever. I always got the feeling that TR didn't look back at The Fragile with very kind thoughts, but he seems to have embraced it recently, I think even commented that it was his favorite work of his own (?).

Also nice to see a full-fledged comment on the Grammy's. What led up to to them deciding to do it in particular.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Its a great interview but also kind of frustrating. On the one hand, its always great when Trent feels flexibility with his setlists. It makes me long for another club tour. But he sounds so exhausted! He needs a break! He reads genuinely overwhlemed, which is great for us but a bit disheartening.

Also, so, so good to hear about the Fragile, but I feel like thats reaching YZ TV series/closure Dvd/tapeworm status right now. Theyve been talking about that for upwards of 5 years now. Maybe more? And this compounded with his current exhaustion, overhwelmed state, i have serious doubts about when we might see it. Which is a shame because it sounds more awesome any time he brings it up.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I noticed the interviewer's mention of Simon Maxwell, too. Maybe he and TR will talk about that lost live footage? Probably not, but a girl can dream.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I just read the interview and my first thought was.. OH so that new movie is the reason the canceled all those dates?!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has been posted yet.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I feel like [The Fragile re-release] reaching YZ TV series/closure Dvd/tapeworm status right now. Theyve been talking about that for upwards of 5 years now. Maybe more? And this compounded with his current exhaustion, overhwelmed state, i have serious doubts about when we might see it. Which is a shame because it sounds more awesome any time he brings it up.
    Trent first told us about it during the NIN|JA tour, 2009, so yeah 5 years.
    But I don't think it's reaching that status (Was there ever official planning for Closure to have a physical DVD release?) simply because he is talking about it and making progress with it. Tapeworm didn't happen partially because of the other people involved. YZTV slowed way down because they have to rely on someone else to want it, take it on, do it. The Fragile re-release, other than having Interscope ok it (/take money form it), is primarily in Trent's hands.
    It really just sounds like it's in the final stages right now, and he's taking his time to make sure it comes out as what he wants it to be. What he just now said about it makes it sound like the only thing holding it back now is the 40 new demo (/sounds) he wants to give himself a chance to play around with and see if he can include them in some way. The interview made me VERY excited about this being a physical thing I will hold in my hands "soon".