Thread: Rare/exclusive vinyl tracks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Fuck the person who bought this and then didn't share it.
    I would love to hear those demos released in some capacity....

I could be remembering things incorrectly, but I believe it was allegedly inferred that it was TR who put in and subsequently won the bid in for those tapes so it wouldn't be released.
    Again, I could be very wrong about this and I have no way to confirm it at all so take what I'm posting with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I would love to hear those demos released in some capacity....

I could be remembering things incorrectly, but I believe it was allegedly inferred that it was TR who put in and subsequently won the bid in for those tapes so it wouldn't be released.
    Again, I could be very wrong about this and I have no way to confirm it at all so take what I'm posting with a grain of salt.
    Any idea where you got that idea? My admittedly fuzzy recollection was that the top bidder was somehow tied to Martin Atkins, and it ended up being a way to quietly end the auction amidst the uproar.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Any idea where you got that idea? My admittedly fuzzy recollection was that the top bidder was somehow tied to Martin Atkins, and it ended up being a way to quietly end the auction amidst the uproar.
    Actually if I remember correctly, heh it's been a while...
    I think somewhere on this forum or the old one, someone posted that they reached out to the seller directly to see even if they didn't win the auction that they could possibly to get a copy of the tracks or whomever won to share them. They said that someone else, alluding to Trent, but it could've have been someone from management, which, I don't know. It could've been Interscope, TVT, or whomever had publishing rights, that would allow the sale of the tape on the condition that those demos not be released to the general public because then Martin Atikins would be in legal trouble and then it went quiet.

Again this is all based on bad recollection of what happened along with little information as to what actually happened.
    Sorry for the confusion and any false hope I may have given anyone.