Thread: Tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Sounds good but I don't know how The Melvins will do in a giant amphitheater...I don't think they'll do well with the average Tool fan. If I remember correctly, when The Melvins opened up for Tool during the (Aenema?) tour I think they only got aggression from the crowd...
    When basically anyone who isn't a radio star opens for Tool they get nothing but shit from the audience. Every MJK gig I've been to has had the shittiest audience I've ever been in when it comes to opening acts.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    When basically anyone who isn't a radio star opens for Tool they get nothing but shit from the audience. Every MJK gig I've been to has had the shittiest audience I've ever been in when it comes to opening acts.
    Meshugga was quite a hit with the fans.

Doesnt excuse people being rude assholes, but they're having been many decent openers for Tool or APC past decade or whatever. Same goes with NIN. I'm sure there are people that like Deerhunter or Isis or The Bug (WTF WAS THAT???) but they're in the minority. Get drunk morons who think they're funny and bad things might happen.

cant wait to see what this "special guest" is. Trying to not get my hopes up for anything cool though (like a record release date), heh.