Thread: Random Tech Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I have 4 Roku sticks, 2 Fire sticks, 2 old Apple TVs (now in the electronic recycling bin), a FireTV (also in the bin) and an Apple TV 4K.

I have run them all through all kinds extensive shit, as I have 7 televisions and a big network in a stretch ranch house with two stories and the router in the basement where the main office is located. I have XFi with their pods.

The Rokus make me nuts because they freeze more than ANY of my other devices, because they want to run at 2.4 ghz and, like @eversonpoe said, they’re flash drives with an HDMI port and no processor or cache.

The only consistent and reliable device I have is my Apple TV. You will pry it from my cold, dead hands (until I wire my house for Cat6, but even then I'll run it on my Cat6 network).

I also miss my Apple AirPort Extreme router, but that’s another topic.

The BEST option is an Ethernet connection between your router and your device. Roku Ultra does that. (Apple TV 4K does it, too.) Roku has an app for Xfinity if you have Xfinity and want to get rid of the Xfinity box. (It's total shite on the Roku stick.)
    Last edited by allegro; 07-09-2020 at 01:56 PM.