Thread: How Long (New Song and Video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The song: I like it. IMO the pop-ness works because it's not what one expects from Trent and Co. If HTDA is looking to attract new listeners in addition to the NIN fanbase this song seems a pretty good choice.

The video: interesting. Got a "Blade Runner" feel from the glowing eyes...replicants in the aftermath of Year Zero? However to me the visuals and music seem a bit at odds with each other.

Looking forward to the rest of the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really good song, quite different from anything off An Omen. I like the harmonies a lot, Q's at her best on this track. Though I have to admit, I hear this song every time I listen to it:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Really good song, quite different from anything off An Omen. I like the harmonies a lot, Q's at her best on this track. Though I have to admit, I hear this song every time I listen to it:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    The video: interesting. Got a "Blade Runner" feel from the glowing eyes...replicants in the aftermath of Year Zero? However to me the visuals and music seem a bit at odds with each other.
    When I saw it the first time, I definitely felt that way. However, watching it again, it all made sense. This man is surviving and taking care of his loved one, but how long can he keep that up? Then there's the part that refers to how the little things slip away, which makes me think about the loss of humanity. The man in the video certainly has retained some humanity, but in order to retain that little bit, he's had to lose a lot. That's just my interpretation of course, but it makes sense to me.

Also, I can't stop listening to this song. On the first listen it might sound too poppy for a song involving Trent Reznor, but when you listen to it a few times, the darkness reveals itself. It's catchy, but it's also moody at the same time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pieces Form the Whole! (The Social Network)!! That's what the ending reminds me off! It killed me all day, couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Also, I can't stop listening to this song. On the first listen it might sound too poppy for a song involving Trent Reznor, but when you listen to it a few times, the darkness reveals itself. It's catchy, but it's also moody at the same time.
    that's been TR's secret weapon all along, even if we didn't realize it...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's a nice song. The production has the turn-of-the-millenium quality I like, like Björk when she was really good. The lyrics and melody are maybe a bit cheesy which is why I wouldn't say that it's a VERY good song, but good nonetheless.