Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
I have found a few days ago a HUGE photo of the Jesus and Mary Chain automatic tour t-shirt (but in white, I will have to find the black one too). I'm just lazy to add this item as I'm focusing on the end of records. It's funny you speak about it.
ok, ok, I just found those shirts too (several on eBay), and this explains a lot. First of all, there are two versions of the dates on shirts. One version does not have the Orlando and Cleveland dates on it.

But now that I can see the dates, I can see that Philadelphia was originally for Mar. 8. So, now I know where all these dates are coming from. If you look on NIN Historian you can see that he lists the JAMC dates with $ symbol which means official itinerary. It all matches up with the shirt dates, so he either took it from the t-shirt or an original itinerary created at the same time as the shirt. But that doesn’t reflect changes along the way.

Keswick and Trocodaro are in the same market (Philadelphia), so it’s unlikely that both took place. We now know it was originally planned for the 8th which is why he has that marked as confirmed, and question marks for the Troc show on the 5th. But we know from the newspapers that the Troc show is EVERYWHERE, so that is the one that happened and whatever was originally planned for the 8th did not.

And so we know that’s also why NIN historian has the Mar 4 NYC show listed. We know from the newspapers that that date was probably never even solicited or maybe it was cancelled long before the show date.

That also calls into question the Athens date, rather than confirming it. It’s in a market near to Atlanta so if ticket sales were poor, it may have been cancelled or never even solicited, if we can’t find anything in newspapers.

I found it a month ago after a new complete check of newspapers. I do one every 6 months. I did check again Miami newspaper around the date but can't find a second article just to confirm this date never seen anywhere. I even checked again orlando newspapers if they spoke of a NIN date before Lollapalooza.
I think this date probably didn’t happen. This was at the height of NIN’s breakout period, so if there had been a side show it would have been better remembered and covered. One thing to do is to check newspapers for solicitations for other concerts that happened at Cameo around that time and confirm that NIN is not listed.

I'm actively need a Toronto Proquest access (free for any student of the city). I have found some article of very old NIN dates but I can't read them
Yeah, I was just looking at that last night, and realizing that’s necessary to confirm a lot of stuff, especially those early Toronto dates. It doesn't need to be a student. We just need someone here who’s a Toronto resident and has or can get a library card. Should be easy enough.