Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm a huge fan of teasing with audio samples/loops, specifically from NIN.

I.E. What we saw with TDTWWA, The Fragile, TLBTB, BYIT..... even HTDA teased us.

It's a similar sensation to seeing wrapped up presents with your name on it. You don't know whats inside but you know it is there, you cannot unwrap it or play with it until Christmas Day... but you know its there, you can see the size of it and feel how heavy it is.

So TR/AR... tease us!!!

P.S. I'm not a fan of Movie trailers, they tend to reveal too much.

P.S.S. I can appreciate a different approach with this one. More in the background.
    Last edited by snaapz; 02-02-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

I.E. What we saw with TDTWWA, The Fragile, TLBTB, BYIT..... even HTDA teased us.

It's a similar sensation to seeing wrapped up presents with your name on it. You don't know whats inside but you know it is there, you cannot unwrap it or play with it until Christmas Day... but you know its there, you can see the size of it and feel how heavy it is.

So TR/AR... tease us!!!

P.S. I'm not a fan of Movie trailers, they tend to reveal too much.

P.S.S. I can appreciate a different approach with this one. More in the background.
    I can't agree more! I miss the days of teaser videos like the first glimpses from The Fragile, Things Falling Apart, With Teeth, and Year Zero. The thing is, when it's an EP, it's so short they might not want to spoil anything or give too much away. Still, I've LOVE to see a 10-30 second teaser with some really cool visuals.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

Something like Comes Forth In The Thaw, where the loops changed every 1-2 hours, would be amazing.

With "generation loss" being a big thing they are currently interested in, it could be fun. For example, you're hearing a loop from a song but it's decayed 5 extra days. This wouldn't be a "live" thing, but more of a test area/breeding ground.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Something like Comes Forth In The Thaw, where the loops changed every 1-2 hours, would be amazing.

With "generation loss" being a big thing they are currently interested in, it could be fun. For example, you're hearing a loop from a song but it's decayed 5 extra days. This wouldn't be a "live" thing, but more of a test area/breeding ground.

Like The Background World, but in reverse. Distorted beyond recognition at first, and every day (or every 12 hours, depending on how long beforehand) it gets one "generation" closer to the actual song's loop until the day of release where it's a clean loop and link to buy the EP.