Page 6 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i just listened to "maybe just once" for the first time ever (i know, right?) and i really liked it (i know, right?)

everyone grab your pitchforks!

love it++++++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I could never get into Head Down. I like things about it, but I don't like it.

Head down is probably my favorite song on the slip and in my top ten... Love what he says in that song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Dude, have you ever heard the DFA remix of the hand that feeds?
    Umm.. don't think so. Why, is it uber gay?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    Umm.. don't think so. Why, is it uber gay?
    Yes. Even gayer than slave2thewage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    the slip is the only album i can listen to without skipping a song. As raw as the album may sound, i think it's part of its appeal. And from a production standpoint, i think head down is one of the best nin songs in the catalogue. Overall, i'm loving the garage-y vibe and i think, it's perfectly sequenced. Only thing bothering me, is discipline fading out and cutting off.

fuck yeah
    +++++++++

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    - "All the Love in the World" is one of the absolute best NIN songs ever, and With Teeth has some of Trent's all time best work. It's sad to see songs like Sunspots, Right Where It Belongs, and Beside You In Time get brought down by crap like "Getting Smaller." This album could be much improved if a few of the more lackluster songs were replaced with "Home" and "Non-Entity."
    YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!! *fiddles with that*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm 99.9% certain the Ladytron remix of The Beginning of the End is better than the original.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, here's something controversial, I guess. It always seemed a little to me that as Trent made his musical 80-degree turn in 2005 with With Teeth, which has continued into the "new-NIN" sound that we're now well-familiar with, that his new "poppy" quality of music, (releasing tracks like 'Only' etc) kinda came off a little...gay? Like, not that he sounded flaming or anything, but some of the sound that he goes for in his last several records seems to have a certain flair to it that resembles that of a repressed dude letting some of his gayness out. IS IT JUST ME? Some of his tunes sound a little fruity, and on this new stuff too, no joke. I don't mean it as any offense and I love his work as much as all of you, but that's something I've honestly thought and want to know what you think. And yes I know he's married with kids.
    please tell me that you're joking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    - PHM is the worst NIN album. About half is classic, but the other half is unlistenable. The new live version of Sanctified fucking rules, though.
    actually PHM is awesome and Kinda I Want To is one of my top NIN tracks

- The Slip is fucking excellent and massively underrated. It has better flow than most NIN albums, and while it DOES feel like an album that was banged out in just a couple of weeks, It does a great job of drawing together a bunch of elements from all previous eras of NIN. It really does feel like Trent's retrospective on his personal growth alongside the development of Nine Inch Nails.
    bravo, that needed to be said

- Year Zero belongs alongside TDS and TF as the great NIN masterpieces.
    YES

- "All the Love in the World" is one of the absolute best NIN songs ever, and With Teeth has some of Trent's all time best work. It's sad to see songs like Sunspots, Right Where It Belongs, and Beside You In Time get brought down by crap like "Getting Smaller." This album could be much improved if a few of the more lackluster songs were replaced with "Home" and "Non-Entity."
    am I the only person in the world who loves every single track on WT, including The Collector and Getting Smaller?

- Despite both discs being amazing, it's hard as fuck to listen to The Fragile in its entirety. I almost view Left and Right as two different albums.
    I can't agree with that, the flow of the album is flawless. I actually love how The Great Below is complimented with the first sounds of The Way Out Is Through

- Discipline is a really good song
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- I like Mariqueen's voice. I hope she is in Hesitation Marks. If she has been thus far, don't tell me. I have heard about half of what has been released.
    I hope Trent isn't reading this, because personally I really think she's beautiful and I MOST DEFINITELY WOULD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    please tell me that you're joking
    Why? It's pretty self-evident. I mean, isn't it?
    I'm dead serious, and am asking in a serious manner. You don't think ol' Trezzy's gotten fruitier as time goes by? Sure, maybe hearkening back to his early fruitiness in the late 80's/early 90's but... my eyebrows have definitely been raised in suspicion a few times. Have you heard 'Everything'? My friends said it sounded like someone driving down a palm-lined suburban California street ina convertible, bobbing their head and chewing bubblegum... And I can't say I disagree.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Why? It's pretty self-evident. I mean, isn't it?
    I'm dead serious, and am asking in a serious manner. You don't think ol' Trezzy's gotten fruitier as time goes by? Sure, maybe hearkening back to his early fruitiness in the late 80's/early 90's but... my eyebrows have definitely been raised in suspicion a few times. Have you heard 'Everything'? My friends said it sounded like someone driving down a palm-lined suburban California street ina convertible, bobbing their head and chewing bubblegum... And I can't say I disagree.
    Is this your way of coming out as a homophobe?

And I won't even address the possible "fruitiness" of TR because it's just... not there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

- I like Mariqueen's voice. I hope she is in Hesitation Marks. If she has been thus far, don't tell me. I have heard about half of what has been released.

No thanks. I like Mariqueen's voice, its pleasant I like her in HTDA. Welcome Oblivion is one of my most played albums this year, I love it. But really, NIN as well???

No bloody thanks. I'll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    fruity
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Just chill. There have been worse statements here on ETS.. like that time when someone said tapeworm failed because Trent was hitting on Maynard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    -My favorite songs off PHM are ​Kinda I Want To ​​and That's What I Get
    -
    I like the Aphrodite mix of The Perfect Drug
    - ​
    When I first heard Came Back Haunted, ​​ my first thought was " WTF?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Is this your way of coming out as a homophobe?

And I won't even address the possible "fruitiness" of TR because it's just... not there.
    I can appreciate that people are assuming that I'm joking or trolling, but I am (again) completely serious, and shouldn't have to stress that fact 4 friggin times. The fact that the mere mention of gayness makes you assume "homophobia" says more about your perspective on homosexuality than it does mine.

ANYWAY - surely someone else see what I'm saying. The sudden obssessive love of the tambourine, the constant "HEY!" he does live, the uh, SYNTH-POP that he's become massively a fan of over the last 8 years? The really, really fruity songs like "All the Love in the world", much of "The Slip", and now with "CBH" and especially "Everything", it's just impossible to ignore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can appreciate that people are assuming that I'm joking or trolling, but I am (again) completely serious, and shouldn't have to stress that fact 4 friggin times. The fact that the mere mention of gayness makes you assume "homophobia" says more about your perspective on homosexuality than it does mine.

ANYWAY - surely someone else see what I'm saying. The sudden obssessive love of the tambourine, the constant "HEY!" he does live, the uh, SYNTH-POP that he's become massively a fan of over the last 8 years? The really, really fruity songs like "All the Love in the world", much of "The Slip", and now with "CBH" and especially "Everything", it's just impossible to ignore.
    Yes, because everyone who does that is gay.

Better stop now, dear. Your ignorance is showing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Yes, because everyone who does that is gay.

Better stop now, dear. Your ignorance is showing.
    \

No, the ignorance of the people on this fukkin boarxd is showing. I asked a legitimate, serious, honest question and get nothing but insipid responses like yours, DEAR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    \

No, the ignorance of the people on this fukkin boarxd is showing. I asked a legitimate, serious, honest question and get nothing but insipid responses like yours, DEAR.
    Aww, you called me dear back?

You're just a big sweetheart, aren't you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cool. Nothing like closed-minded people calling you closed-minded...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool. Nothing like closed-minded people calling you closed-minded...
    Aw, I wanted to be your friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponderance View Post
    Two different mindsets, one of which is either understanding and jacking with the other (Butterscotch) and the other just making it worse (Transfixed)... Very unfortunate. I empathize as I'm a profane person and often get slapped with various labels regardless of what the context and attempted clarification said..

Just throwing this on there..
    Honestly, I just wasn't a big fan of what he said, and I thought I'd mess with him a little.

Maybe not the most mature way to respond, but admittedly, I'm not a very mature person.

Sorry to shit up the board.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think that the Pretty Hate Machine Remaster is superior than the original

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For the record, I thought this was "Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions", but apparently I'm in the wrong place.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Er nope, people disagreeing with you is what controversy is, so this is the right thread. You're just being a bitch because your hick waffle wasn't met with a chorus of approval

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Er nope, people disagreeing with you is what controversy is, so this is the right thread. You're just being a bitch because your hick waffle wasn't met with a chorus of approval
    A: People weren't disagreeing, they were ignoring the question and calling me a homopobe.
    B: I wasn't looking for "approval" or for anyone to agree, I was looking for (gasp!) actual discussion about the idea. But hey, gayness is a no-no, so Trent CANNOT be even a little gay, therefore we cannot discuss it and must trash the poster of the question.

You guys really suck sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A: People weren't disagreeing, they were ignoring the question and calling me a homopobe.
    B: I wasn't looking for "approval" or for anyone to agree, I was looking for (gasp!) actual discussion about the idea. But hey, gayness is a no-no, so Trent CANNOT be even a little gay, therefore we cannot discuss it and must trash the poster of the question.

You guys really suck sometimes.
    I would have no problem with Trent being gay, if he was.

Also, not that it matters, but I'm gay myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    I would have no problem with Trent being gay, if he was.

Also, not that it matters, but I'm gay myself.
    Cool, I am not, but have several gay friends and have no issue in the slightest with gayness nor Trent being (even a little) gay!
    I'm not even sure that what I'm detecting is necessarily real, that's why I was interested in the opinions of yous guys.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah... You've missed the point, people are disagreeing with the basis on which you infer gayness (a tambourine? grow up) not the implication that TR could be gay