Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot of what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot okf what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.
    quoting myself because look what happened!

I didnt think unity was a bad as it was cracked up to be. Actually it had some really great gameplay improvements and a huuuuge crazily detailed world with neat armor improvements that i actually wanted to buy. My biggest and only major gripe is that the controls are still so bad! Soooo bad.

Also i feel like the saddest thing about this franchise is that theres this oppurtunity to create this massive interlocking globe spanning story, and for some reason were always left with only vaguely related white people from Europe or america, all within the same few centuries. A few games have broken away from this and they have the best canon. I still like Arno. I heard Rogue is actually very good about this and i intend to play it soon.

Also if you get a free gane from season pass: Far Cry 4 is the real deal, go for that!
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 11-27-2014 at 02:13 AM.