Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    With no major news outlets having declare a winner yet, I almost wonder if they've been asked not to for national security reasons. It's very clearly over and has been for a while, but the only news organization I've heard to have declared a winner is vox, and I wouldn't really call them major, or large enough to be of concern.

There has been violence, threats of it, poll workers going into hiding. And this is before the election has even been called, once it's called, that could ignite more of it.

Sometimes the news media gets information and is asked not to report it for security reasons, and typically speaking the media respects those requests. I wonder if one of the national security organizations requested that the major news organizations refrain from declaring a winner, in the interest of keeping the violence down.

This is clearly over, and has been for some time. But without declaring a winner, it's gives the proper authorities time to investigate and anticipate potential threats to be prepared for when they do make a declaration. It also creates the potential for some of these extremists to exhaust themselves trying to stop the election from being called, rather than just exploding over the fact that Trump most definitely lost.

I mean, we'll probably never know either way, but it's something I wonder about.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    With no major news outlets having declare a winner yet, I almost wonder if they've been asked not to for national security reasons. It's very clearly over and has been for a while, but the only news organization I've heard to have declared a winner is vox, and I wouldn't really call them major, or large enough to be of concern.
    Honestly, there is no conspiracy here. They're still counting the outstanding votes, and even though everyone can see the trend in the numbers, you can't declare the outcome while the margins are so small that there is a mathematical possibility it can turn (or stay so small that it triggers the automatic recount). Networks, everyone just tries not to fuck it up. We might feel like it's over, but "feeling it" and it being a FACT are different things.

As soon as there is a clear winner backed by facts the networks will declare it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Honestly, there is no conspiracy here. They're still counting the outstanding votes, and even though everyone can see the trend in the numbers, you can't declare the outcome while the margins are so small that there is a mathematical possibility it can turn (or stay so small that it triggers the automatic recount). Networks, everyone just tries not to fuck it up. We might feel like it's over, but "feeling it" and it being a FACT are different things.

As soon as there is a clear winner backed by facts the networks will declare it.
    John King on CNN just said that the Trump campaign people have been consistently CALLING CNN requesting that they not declare a winner in certain states until various elements occur, e.g. all the military votes are counted (the Trump campaign believes it will get all the military votes ... it didn’t). King said they “have to” adhere to those requests.

CNN JUST PROJECTED IT!!

Biden is the WINNER!!!!