Thread: Canadian Politics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    how much more insane and out of control does it get before the rest of us stand up and say "gtfo"?
    You know I live in Alberta, right? So, no, those racist, separatist don't reflect all of Alberta by a long fucking shot... (othering and generalizations kill, so maybe take a breath instead of adding more hatred...).

I live within a block of pro-COVID parades weekly and it attendance at them is fairly low (you can even watch it on a live stream cam on one of the buildings overseeing a street the march down).

It's no more fair to say that those fuckers represent the majority of Albertans than to say that all of Quebec wants to separate.

Never confuse the geography with the politics...
    (yeah, it's been on my mind a lot)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    You know I live in Alberta, right? So, no, those racist, separatist don't reflect all of Alberta by a long fucking shot... (othering and generalizations kill, so maybe take a breath instead of adding more hatred...).

I live within a block of pro-COVID parades weekly and it attendance at them is fairly low (you can even watch it on a live stream cam on one of the buildings overseeing a street the march down).

It's no more fair to say that those fuckers represent the majority of Albertans than to say that all of Quebec wants to separate.

Never confuse the geography with the politics...
    (yeah, it's been on my mind a lot)
    Yes, let's take a breath, here. I didn't say this was all coming from Alberta or even from Alberta Seperatists. The roots of this shit are all over the country. There is lots of support coming from Eastern provinces like Ontario, too. It goes back to our foundation as a white supremacist manifest-destiny colony of the British. We need to STOP tolerating white supremacy and the far-right fringe that cozies up to it, not kick provinces out of the damn country. Be honest about who these people are and what they will do to Canada if we cede more power to them.

There are not 'good people on both sides', there is a small minority of idiocy connecting online across the geography and emboldened now to show their numbers in public.
    Last edited by botley; 02-12-2022 at 05:31 AM.