Thread: 2018 Midterm Elections - The Aftermath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's absolutely BONKERS to me that some Americans don't have any concept of how great it is having advance polls open for your elections. So time-saving and convenient... I really can't imagine an election without it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's absolutely BONKERS to me that some Americans don't have any concept of how great it is having advance polls open for your elections. So time-saving and convenient... I really can't imagine an election without it.
    I agree it’s great , just with current political climate, not sure if my vote would be safe.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I agree it’s great , just with current political climate, not sure if my vote would be safe.
    I don't know anything about the physical safeguards in place but I imagine there are scrutineers there, just like at a regular poll. And it's less busy... so that's kind of likely to be more scrutineer-ing per vote, maybe?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I don't know anything about the physical safeguards in place but I imagine there are scrutineers there, just like at a regular poll. And it's less busy... so that's kind of likely to be more scrutineer-ing per vote, maybe?
    @Conan The Barbarian - If poll workers or anyone there is being difficult, check and see if they have an attorney on-site. If not, call 1-866-OURVOTE to report the activity. Do not say anything partisan at the polling place as it could be viewed as illegal campaigning at the polling place. You have your rights.