Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wow. No CD, according to Pitchfork. Just vinyl and digital release. Dammnnn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little disappointed that trent's decided to go with a major label again, although its hardly that suprising, perhaps the talk of a different sound is really true in which case he feels he needs the marketing umph of a large label behind him to really push the record. Perhaps suggests he really is as proud of this record as hes made out, compared to the last few which felt more like hey here's some stuff i've been working on, check it out. I imagine its probably just a deal for the length of this cycle, hence ep + album to give columbia a chance to make good on their investment.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Everything is confirmed and wonderful and no one can make me sad today
    Regarding label: who cares, we're getting music

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    howtodestroyangels.com is updated too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    http://howtodestroyangels.com/ website update. You'll probably need to clear your cache

edit: a few seconds too late

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This image instantly reminds me of YZ ARG; glitch!! Interesting.

EDIT: I shouldn't limit this style to YZ or immediately think YZ; Sheridans glitches are ubiquitous when he teams up with TR, and I quite enjoy the creativity & application etc..
    Last edited by snaapz; 09-21-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: captain's log supplemental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Everything is confirmed and wonderful and no one can make me sad today
    Regarding label: who cares, we're getting music
    I completely agree.
    I'm here at work with some limited access to most internet sites...Thankfully the ETS is permitted!
    So this has really MADE MY DAY!!!
    Happy Dance here!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I updated my tumblr post with a HQ version of the image if anyone wants it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FINALLY, OFFICIAL NEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Beat me
    With that picture, if it is promo, I think this release may have some kind of multi-media content. Know Rob was listed in first EP and hard telling what all he does behind the scenes, but to have him in the promo shots would lead me to believe he has some kind of roll in the content besides just 2 dimensional art.
    This struck me, too.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    What is in Trent's hand??

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think a lot of us forget that this is a new band without a lot of name recognition. Yes, one of the members is Trent Reznor, and some of the people who buy NIN albums are devoted enough to buy his new projects automatically. But it has to be an uphill struggle to make the general record-buying public aware of HTDA. Having a major label behind the band will perhaps give them a boost.

I'm most interested in what they'll do with that major-label financial support... all that money that other bands usually spend in the studio -- what will they use the money for (besides videos)?
    Last edited by jessamineny; 09-21-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added "automatically"

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    http://howtodestroyangels.com/ website update. You'll probably need to clear your cache

edit: a few seconds too late
    soooo much better than I was expecting. I wasn't a big fan of the album art on their original EP. Good to see Rob's glitch is in full swing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Partnering with Columbia, really? That fixes the distribution issue, at least.

Vinyl/digital only? CDs really are dead.

I feel so much better now that there's an official release date, even though we're once again getting an EP. Trent mentioned that the EP was part of the full length that's been pushed back yet...again...so that probably explains the title of the EP.

I'm just really glad there's a set-in-stone release date for this shit. It seems like the vinyl and digital releases are going to be simultaneous. Do you guys think it could leak with there being no CD release this time around?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Signing to a major label is pretty big news, coming form Trent "techdirt case study" Reznor and Rob "stop buying music from major labels. period" Sheridan. I'm waiting for a more detailed explanation, but it seems a bit sad to me because it looks like the man who fought the hardest to create great business models and sustain himself respectfully without a major label has now given up.

But yeah: brand new fucking music coming! I'm extremely happy about that and if a major label is going to get the music to a wider crowd, than I'm happy about that too

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Imagine how stressful it is doing everything yourself and being constantly blamed for everything going wrong though? I hope they can make it work this time. I wonder if Columbia made Trent sign a 'keep gob shut' clause

Just looked up Columbia and they're part of Sony - didn't they partner to do the Social Network soundtrack? Which went fine if I remember rightly
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Okay, I LOVE the new artistic approach for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    His Oscar!
    Last edited by Horican; 09-21-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: fucked up the qoutes

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    you guys were right:

rob_sheridan: @sheepdean We're viewing this as more of a collective than a band. I'm primarily visuals but it'll make more sense live.
    http://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/stat...53466919297027

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I seriously doubt this live stuff will leave the US so I hope you guys will put it all on YouTube

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 09-21-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: found my answer to my question

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Digital and vinyl only?

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed by the news. Yes, I have a record player at home (albeit a crappy one), but I'm also not actually going to be home again until sometime next year. Buying CDs and giving albums a full listen on release day is one of the simple joys that I really look forward to once or twice a year when I highly anticipated album comes out. Downloading it? Eh. I'm excited to see new music (and videos) being announced, but I don't have the same sense of excitement now.

Also: really hoping the full length album isn't the EP + another half dozen songs. If that turns out to be the case, I'm going to skip the EP. I loathe dual releases like that...why buy the same songs twice?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    we know for sure that only part of the EP will be on the LP. I'm guessing 2 songs from the LP will be on the EP and the rest will be exclusive.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    On the whole "digital/vinyl only" issue: I have to wonder how well the CD version of the first EP sold. After all, I imagine most people downloaded the EP and then MAYBE bought the CD if they enjoyed it. Maybe they felt that the cost of producing the CDs wasn't worth it in the end. Obviously the vinyl release is for the hardcore collectors to get, but I assume there's a method to this so-called madness.

Speaking for myself, as much as I love having a physical product, I never bought the first EP on CD. I simply made my own to play in the car and put the downloaded tracks on my MP3 player. I'll obviously have to do the same with this release, but I'm okay with that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Digital and vinyl only?

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed by the news
    Is this no CD thing for just the EP or both?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, I guess the black market trade in CD-Rs of HTDA is going to be excessive?

And I'm sure the HTDA LP DE (yay for acronyms) will have BOTH of the EPs on it, because why not

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also, with the new record label, it now answers why they were so secret about releasing information...and WHY it took so long.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    NICE FIND THERE, JOHNBRON.

*cough*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed that what he said about announcements in the following months does not refer to HTDA specifically? I'm wondering what else is coming in the following months...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What has two thumbs and is completely stoked?

**This guy!**

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The pen he's using to sign all the deluxe limited edition versions of the EP of course!